ET: QW? RTCW 2 ?

(=ABS= SparhawK) #41

So we are in this air transporter…My 3 buddies and I, we take off and are ready to kick human/strogg butt…hmm we seem to be diving quite fast whos driving, OH NO ETPlayer.

sigh better get used to this I suppose.

Competitive play will have to have small maps, with minimum vehicles.

Plus I assume that both sides have identical weaponry/hit points.

I know ET is supposed to be identical, but I am always more accurate with MP40.

SH

(Grimmy_EFG) #42

Quoted for truth.

(evilsock) #43

Ohh, Q2 type thingy on the new engine - that screenie looks sweet doesn’t it? My palms were sweaty for about twenty minutes after seeing that picture :open_mouth:

(eRRoLfLyNN) #44

But ur palms are always sweaty anywayz! :wink:

Anyway, this is a great idea imo, well played SD. As long as we get some camp & funny vsays I’ll be more than happy! Wasn’t expectin a sequel to ET AND RTCW - I think it’s a great idea wOOt, viva the ET franchise yeehaw!!

(Usayd) #45

interesting but there are a huge amount of negative opinions on this game already! I sure hope it is good, unfortunately it probabaly wont be free

(zidane05) #46

Euro Response: http://www.xfire.be/?x=news&mode=item&id=770
NA Response: http://www.et-center.com/?page=news&id=1307#comments

What we need is a game that takes skill. The name is confusing since it has little to nothing to do with Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, vehicles ? lol?, looks as if the game went from 1945 to 2905. Also it seems that it will be played at 20 fps; just as bad as DOOM.

(MadMattUK) #47

Don’t you mean ET:QWPlayer? :smiley:

Anyhow, the game looks great, and good on SD for not making yet another WW2 shooter.
Haven’t we had enough of them already?.I do hope they have time to implement the type of competion settings that ET:Pro has in this game (if applicable ).

Oh and also Medic only, Laser Smg play mode for all the 1337 kiddies, so they can go f*** off and play by themselves with their stupid keybinds/vsay spammers (thats a point, can we have a keybind blocker built in? :blah: )
I know about vsay 0/global chat 0/ whatever command, in ET but i do like to see/hear the none 1337-ed versions.

[Edit Edit]

Didn’t see that :uhoh: lmao.

Yeah, that’s what I was getting at.

[/Edit Edit]

I expect the winings coming from all those prats that spoil ET. If this means that they don’t want to play ET:QW, then I’m going to be the first one to buy it! :drink:

The games not even released yet, and they winge already…sigh

P.S. I know I’m winging, but I only like to winge about people who winge :cool:

(Ragnar_40k) #48

I guess SD took the “Enemy Territory” to point at the class system and “Quake” to point at the story line. But, until now, the phrase “Enemy Territory” is more linked with RtCW and a free multiplayer game.

(Floris) #49

Mmmh, I just hope they’re gonna put in skills combined with the medals you get… (<3 Dual laser guns at lvl 4 light weapons)

(DarkangelUK) #50

To me it looks like a cross between ET and Joint Ops set in the future… which can only be a good thing.

And yes Bani is right, as far as i can see, everyone keeps asking if it’ll be free. Infact one kid said “i’ll be mad if it isn’t”. !$!£"%"&^£&$^!"^!"^"^&$%"%# kids!

(Salteh) #51

[/quote]

I’d like to point you in the direction of another thread with replies about ET2.
You can’t just link 2 websites and call it “the eu” and “the NA” response,that’s like an uber-generalization.
But, since you’ve already given us the Euro and the NA response, I can only give us the “other people response”.
not EU, not NA Response

There seem to be about 250+ people in that thread who are happy with the screenshot, the game setting / name. Most of the people I’ve spoken to are not disappointed either.

The name is confusing since it has little to nothing to do with Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, vehicles ? lol?, looks as if the game went from 1945 to 2905.

The game’s name tells me: it’s ET2, so will probably have different ‘classes’, good multiplayer… and seems to have amazing graphics too.
I don’t see a “wolfenstein” in the title anywhere… so I guess ET2 is not a WW2 game - that doesn’t mean it sucks. :nag:

[edit]Everyone seems to be going on about lasers… I don’t recall any press release mentioning it’ll even have lasers… And that tank doesn’t look very ‘lasery’ :o

(zidane05) #52

[/quote]

I’d like to point you in the direction of another thread with replies about ET2.
You can’t just link 2 websites and call it “the eu” and “the NA” response,that’s like an uber-generalization.
But, since you’ve already given us the Euro and the NA response, I can only give us the “other people response”.
not EU, not NA Response

There seem to be about 250+ people in that thread who are happy with the screenshot, the game setting / name. Most of the people I’ve spoken to are not disappointed either.

The name is confusing since it has little to nothing to do with Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, vehicles ? lol?, looks as if the game went from 1945 to 2905.

The game’s name tells me: it’s ET2, so will probably have different ‘classes’, good multiplayer… and seems to have amazing graphics too.
I don’t see a “wolfenstein” in the title anywhere… so I guess ET2 is not a WW2 game - that doesn’t mean it sucks. :nag:

[edit]Everyone seems to be going on about lasers… I don’t recall any press release mentioning it’ll even have lasers… And that tank doesn’t look very ‘lasery’ :o[/quote]I know theres people that like the ET:QW and people that don’t. Im not saying that it’s a statement covering BOTH continents, im saying that from what IM seeing, the people that ACTUALLY play ET/RTCW are unsatisfied with this game. The site you posted is not from ANY Enemy Territory Community.

Secondly, I never said the game sucks since im not going to judge a game by 1 screenshot. The fact is that it’s nothing like ENEMY TERRITORY, and anyone who has half a brain who plays ET can tell you the same.

(fattakin) #53

Its clear to me that Enemy Territory is the IP here… it could be a new seires with each game having a different Theme but the basic clas based action throughout them all - Wolfenstein, Doom and any other IP iD own. Its sweet.

Remember how many RTCW heads whined when ET came out?? Loads still refuse to play it and believe its a bastard son … well if ET fans do the same, ET: QW will be better off without them… :banana:
Listening to AC/DC live in '77 so sorry if this comes off as agressive :wink:

(Salteh) #54

How would you describe the core gameplay/concept of “ENEMY TERRITORY” then :slight_smile:

(bani) #55

[quote=“Salteh”]

How would you describe the core gameplay/concept of “ENEMY TERRITORY” then :)[/quote]

lots of wee nag men :nag: :nag: :nag: :nag: and ponies :moo: :moo: :moo:

(carnage) #56

Its clear to me that Enemy Territory is the IP here… it could be a new seires with each game having a different Theme but the basic clas based action throughout them all - Wolfenstein, Doom and any other IP iD own. Its sweet.

seems pretty reasonable, ET was all about making wide open spaces acording to one of socks artices, this was a jump from rtcw and then if drivable viecles and particuarly aricraft are implemented then could it be posible that teh levels need to become more open

i think it could work well if the veicles (or at leasts some) wernt drivable but left to comands from classes like filed ops who could direct air units etc to comence air strickes on targets giving the openonets a chance to retaliate on the aircraft and counter with deployed defensive

i kinda woried that if viecles are drivable and much faster then walking the clasic b9142 situation ocuors, someone spawn… gets a jeep, leavs the rest of the team behind. And if there is room to play with drivables then doesnt that mean it will be to far to walk?

(TFate) #57

If those are ponies then I am sober.

(killmachine) #58

eh, what is all the rtcw2 - QW moaning and flaming all about? todd hollenshead officially announced (or at least publicly said) that rtcw2 is planned and will be developed by some company!

and sry, but am i wrong saying that rtcw was developed by grey matter and nerve software? is there a renaming of the companies? i really dont know but what i know for sure that rtcw was developed by grey matter and nerve …

so, what r u guys whining all about?

(bani) #59

If those are ponies then I am sober.[/quote]

:nag: :nag: :nag:

(Nail) #60

:moo: 's are covops