ET: QW? RTCW 2 ?

(CR0C0DILE) #21

The story is related to Quake 2 which is a very good game, but not Wolfenstein.
Story wise it goes like this
ET: Quake Wars: Strogg attack earth
Quake 2: Earth retaliates by attacking Strogg homeworld, only one Marine survives and takes out their defense systems.
Quake 4: More earth forces arrive to finish off the Strogg for good.
So you see its a three part story with the first and third parts yet to be released. =D

(Lanz) #22

:twak:[/quote]

Please learn to read before flaming.

(Fusen) #23

like starwars? :smiley:

(gerbalblaste) #24
  1. bani was not saying it should be free but rather that poeple would think that it is free

Please learn to read before flaming.[/quote]
^ Learn to read why would i do a silly thing like that.
Thats not flaming thats the information you should have read befor posting
(please qualify your statement implying that i don’t read)

(CR0C0DILE) #25

More like Star Trek. The Borg are based off the Strogg from Quake 2.
The strogg are part machine part flesh. Tey conquer and assimilate. They use living creatures as spare parts for new strogg or machinery to run their systems.

(gerbalblaste) #26

cool so we get a bunch of ‘strogg’ who are going to be running around chanting “Resistance is futile”

(Lanz) #27

Please learn to read before flaming.[/quote]
^ Learn to read why would i do a silly thing like that.
Thats not flaming thats the information you should have read befor posting
(please qualify your statement implying that i don’t read)[/quote]

If you had read what I wrote, you would see that I said it was (imo) a mistake to call it enemy territory because two scenarios would likely happen. That being people thinking it would be free becuase of the name or be confused by the name being similar to rtcw:et.

(capslock trojan) #28

that’s a mod ^^

first : QW = Rtcw 2 : no
second : QW = My little ponies Atomic edition : yes
third : Rtcw 2 = My little ponies killing special : yes

Free: no
why : cuz the ponies ask for money this time

i hope this cleares up alot :smiley:

(SCDS_reyalP) #29

Yes using the Enemey Territory name is a bit :huh:

Quake wars: :moo: vs. :banana: would be far more fitting, imo

(gerbalblaste) #30

One does hope they shift away from calling it et as that will cause much confusion, pluss i would pay for it if ti as good as or better than RTCW:ET. pluss splash damage deserves our money.

(TFate) #31

IMHO the name should be changed, “Enemy Territory” is just going to confuse people. Maybe it could be called “Quake Zero” or something, just not Enemy Territory. I actually think that ETQW is just a working title, as I can’t imagine any game this 1337 looking calling itself “Quake Wars”, you know? That’s probably just me, though. :smiley:

(RosOne) #32

Well, I’ve been hoping SD would release a new ET, but Quake Wars?

The great thing about ET is you have to have some skill to play it. Who needs vehicles? Just drive around and shoot ala Battlefield yawn or UT2K4?

IMO Activision saw way too many people (kids) complaining about DOOM 3’s lack of vehicles and they decided they need a mp with some tanks in it. Too bad…

Scratch the vehicles, make the movement react exactly like in ET, build it on DOOM3 with some good netcode and you’ll have an awesome game.

(TFate) #33

I doubt that SD will allow the vehicles to become overpowerful. They seem to know what they’re doing in terms of balance, although I agree “40 vehicles” does seem a little overboard.

(Ragnar_40k) #34

Ahh, prequels everywhere: Star Wars, LotR (“The Hobbit”) and now Quake.
I wonder if RtCW2 is timed at WWI or even in the Middle Ages (RtCW1 intro!).

(SCDS_reyalP) #35

Ahh, prequels everywhere: Star Wars, LotR (“The Hobbit”) and now Quake.
I wonder if RtCW2 is timed at WWI or even in the Middle Ages (RtCW1 intro!).[/quote]
One should remember that the wolfenstein didn’t start with wolf3d, never mind RTCW :moo:

(ouroboro) #36

you could steal enemy uniforms back then, too :smiley:

(Maximus191) #37

Whatever you do Splash damage please stick to your promise and keep the class based system from E.t.It’s what makes E.t so great.
Can’t wait for this game to be released tbh :banana: :banana:

(fattakin) #38

Im gonna weigh in here and say that its a great idea. The screen looks the business and will prolly force me into the PC upgrade i was holding back till RTCW2 comes out.
Im sure SD are enjoying doing something not WW2 based for a start.
The confusion over using ET as the name puzzles me, why not start a new series of games based on multiplayer nbattles but throughout earths history, past and future? As for people thinking its free well yes they may be idiots but im sure it will be pretty obivious when its intore or onl;ine BUY NOW £29.99

As long as our good & loyal ET fans dont turn into those RTCW die-hards and reject the ‘new’ game it should be sweet.
BIGUP Splash Damage :drink:

(Papa Lasarou) #39

Got to say this does look very good :slight_smile: - as long as my trusty plyers are still in the game then i will be happy engy. The inclusion of vehicles mixed with ET style action is a great idea and should open up a whole new level to wolfie gaming and strats :). The one thing that makes ET such a great game is that you need a good balance of all class to complete each map (ie a lone rambo soldier aint going to win fuel dump for you) - so hopefully this will also carry over to vechicles were as you need some vechiles to complere certain parts of the maps objectives ( will these mean new class as well such as pilot?)

(eq-Shrike) #40

what we need is two games:

1. ET:QW for those gamers who are open to new ideas and enhanced gameplay

2. A cannibalised, bastardised version of ET for competition play where all the objectives have been taken out, there are no vehicles, only smgs are allowed and there is only one class … medic