Estate 2 - the Sequel

(Violator) #1

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20985117/zz_vioestate2_a3a.rar. Includes (lo-res) MT as .dat for etqwpro.

GDF on the attack with two objectives -

1. Hack a gate
  2. Steal and transmits some docs.

Alpha version of the much anticipated and unknown sequel to the smash hit of 2008 - Estate for ET:QW. Here’s what the critics have said about this map:

‘Its a map, a map for ET:QW’ - Benjamin Disraeli
‘Play this map, or don’t!’ - Socrates
‘This map is a must-download, so download it you must, or don’t bother at all if that is your desire.’ - construction slave #20184, the Great Pyramid of Giza, 3542 B.C.

Current bugs / not done -
Many many many invisible walls.
Last objective message shows hack when it shouldn’t.

Strogg spawn

GDF on right, hack ahead

GDF base

Gate

Transmit cul-de-sac

Map sponsored by Omnicorp.

(Ashog) #2

Hehheeee new estate! :slight_smile: Will try it this Sunday :smiley:

Is it supposed to substitute Estate 1 or supplement it? :slight_smile: j/k

(Violator) #3

It complements it, like a fine stroyent wine :slight_smile:

(taw_m0nsta) #4

Cool! Next week also on TAW servers.

(Violator) #5

Cool - its a lot smaller than Estate 1 (around the same size as the village) and there’s no MCP in it :slight_smile:

Map:

(Donnovan) #6

I tried it alone. Very nice.

I believe the gameplay will fit really well on the fun.

Its a very well done map. Congratulations.

(taw_m0nsta) #7

Oh its not a actual pk4 yet :slight_smile:

(Violator) #8

It is a rar - just un-rar it :slight_smile:

(Scrupus) #9

I will add it today, and test it tomorrow. Looking forward to see how it plays :slight_smile:

(Violator) #10

Nice one :slight_smile:

(Ashog) #11

hehe checked it out and found it actually quite funny :slight_smile:

lolz at baloon car and commandor voices :smiley:

liked those green streets and crossings, and our avatars and Don’s Nirvana logo :stuck_out_tongue:

Is really tiny and should offer nice and hopefully tense infantry combat fighting…

Is the grass quality as low as possible only for alpha or will it stay same? The most beautiful grass I remember was near gdf base on comm_link. I wonder how it’d look on estate2.

btw if u gonna add underground lair, what about a sewage tunnel from strogg base to transmit? else they have to run there along with gdf carrying docs as far as i understood from my brief check (?)

(Donnovan) #12

Yes! This is awesome map!

(Violator) #13

I’ve kept the MT low for alpha / small download size and there’s no STUFF :slight_smile: Once the layout is finalised I can add some more details. I would like to add underground sewers and another route for strogg would be good as they just have that one route from their base right now. There is another easter egg but it might take a bit more finding :slight_smile:

(Donnovan) #14

You is using 8192 x 8192 megatexture? This is not low resolution, its what 95% of the maps are using. Low would be 4096 x 4096.

I believe Ashog was talking mainly about grass stuff system.

(taw_m0nsta) #15

Lol I guess I was too quick and it was still downloading :smiley:

Edit: Unable to play (OSX, and WinXP Steam aswell), kicked me out as soon as I picked class.
The console shows some ‘normal’? warnings…

WARNING: file localization/english/strings/vioestate2.lang, line 21: newline inside string
WARNING: Generating implicit material for textures/viotex/whitemetal
WARNING: file localization/locstr/maps/vioestate2.locstr, line 25: sdDeclLocStr::Parse: Argument mismatch (expected 1 but found 0)
WARNING: idDeclLocal::ParseLocal Failed to Parse decl ‘maps/vioestate2/hack_done’ in file ‘localization/locstr/maps/vioestate2.locstr’ line 23 (and so on)

(Violator) #16

thx m0nsta :slight_smile: I’ve fixed the newline issue now (duplicate quote marks) which may have been causing the other language issues. Some good games at Nirvana - first obj was mental :slight_smile:

(Dthy) #17

Have you added a counter for the desi? First objective is a tad difficult if you don’t kill it quickly enough :smiley:

(Violator) #18

Yes there is a trojan now :slight_smile: There was meant to be a titan but I’d left the ‘spawn_active’ flag out :o. I also added some crates in the fence corridor behind the hack + a small wall to stop it being too easy to snipe the main GDF exit from the gate shields. Also sewerage to help the strogg on 2nd obj (which is a bit of a gdf walkover atm, might also give strogg a fwd spawn).

(Dthy) #19

Awesome, can’t wait to to test it next sunday! Love this map, doesn’t feel to over-whelmed with vehicles (bar the desi problem) despite it’s small size.

(Donnovan) #20

Awesome!

Dont make it too much complex! Or it will miss the original fun!