Estate 2 - the Sequel

(Violator) #21

Here’s A2 -

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20916482/zz_vioestate2_a2.rar

A2 -
Added sewers from strogg spawn to 2nd obj
Strogg spawntime now 20s from 12s (now 15/20)
Added trojan to GDF base
Strogg fwd spawn for docs stage
Fixed " in locstring causing various locstr errors + locations
Fixed timer for hack obj
Add ambient sounds
Fixed some nonsolid trees
Fixed some vanishing hedges
Added small wall to stop strogg shield sniping of GDF spawn
Added base def gun to far GDF exit
Removed strogg base guns which were attacking GDF spawning players
GL_INVALID_VALUE caused by dodgy pavement brush + dodgy pavement brush in strogg base

TOADO: Stuff (grass), better MT etc.

(taw_m0nsta) #22

Very nice map! Totally different from the previous. Still wasn’t able to play it on OSX. Could’n catch the issue so fast…

(Violator) #23

I have next to no experience with OSX - could you post up a log (‘condump errors.txt’ in console)?

(Donnovan) #24

Violator, there is an unsolid wood wall near the strogg spawn, on the main street. Me and Chris was on a badger and the badger entered in the wall.

(Violator) #25

Can you post a screeny? I should add a strogg shield into the strogg sewer exit as well as GDF can sneak in there now :o

EDIT: added a strogg shield into the strogg sewer exit so that GDF can’t sneak in there now :o

(Scrupus) #26

Note that I did a major mistake when adding the new estate2 version yesterday, and forgot to remove the old version from the campaign file :o

So both versions where loaded by the server. This was the reason server restarted when estate2 loaded (after goldrush map), and probably also why the server crashed a bit later in 2 of the rounds. I am not sure if some of the other problems could be caused by this - most likely the new file version still overruled the old ones, but hard to say for sure.

I tried to sneak into strogg spawn btw, but was disturbed by something else. :infiltrator:

(Donnovan) #27

Since now i can make servers, i will check if the crash happens on my server, or even on Nirvana, since its fixed now.

(Ashog) #28

Do GDF now spawn near the documents location after hack? I think it is too much, imho spawning somewhere between hack and 1st spawn would be better… Was going to defend the docs location and GDF spawned in front of me :confused:

P.S. The black metal murderhole construction near the strogg base exit has a strange floor friction - it is slimy :open_mouth:

(Violator) #29

GDF always did spawn there after the hack :slight_smile: As its a cul-de-sac I thought it’d be unfair to have to go down there to get the docs each time and too easy for strogg to dig in. Strogg do now spawn further forward than A1 though. Don’t understand the sliminess to which you referrrr?

(Ashog) #30

well let’s see. By spawning GDF there u by default give the documents to them without a fight. On Maridia, Outskirts, Island the spawn isn’t too close so Strogg have a chance to defend it, then defend transmitter if taken. Adds more fighting, especially on this small map could add tension. Last time I saw a very disturbing fast GDF win, even sewers didn’t help. Let’s see how it develops next games.

The sliminess - try to walk on that thing. If you didn’t get which thing - it is that black steel platform with window and ramps from which one can camp and shoot - no friction on it.

(Donnovan) #31

Its a reference from the retail game. You probably get it from the model galery. Its near the strogg shield on spawn.

I never walked there, so i dont know about the slime.

(Scrupus) #32

ah I know which one you mean Ashog - but that one is problematic in all maps, something strange with the clipping in the reference or model.

(Violator) #33

I see what you mean now, its only at the front it does it, weird :). I agree about the 2nd obj, was over very quick in A1 - Could move the fwd spawn to the hack mebbe.

(Violator) #34

I’ve moved the gdf spawn to the hack and fixed a couple and things and now the game hangs loading the map at 81% :mad: (ctrl-alt-del needed).

(Ashog) #35

Great job lol :slight_smile:

(Donnovan) #36

What strange things you do to have all those freezes?

Dont want to make it opensource?

(Violator) #37

No idea lol :slight_smile: It was working and now it doesn’t :frowning: Spent over an hour trying to fix (wait 7 min to compile, load crash repeat). I could open source but tbh it just hangs and nothing in event viewer etc.

(Donnovan) #38

I have 6 main references on Glory. So if some general failure happens, i can compile removing each reference at a time. After discovering what reference is causing the problem, i give a close look in it.

(Violator) #39

Nvm I sorted it - I moved the trigger_hurt in my sewer tunnel ref into the main map and it works again :o Refs are good for doing that as its easy to eliminate them like you say.

(Violator) #40