Epic Kills 3 Contest!

(staggeringRecliner) #121

Ima just set my (terrible) entry right here

(Xenithos) #122

There was also the rule about footage before October 10th. :\ Crap, two plus people are disqualified alone on time-length of video. Or is it just one guy :stuck_out_tongue:

Your perfect Jump snipe though. That’s insane. I can’t do that anymore, they took it out. :frowning:

(Mc1412013) #123

Finally after 1 week of figuring out what i wanted to do to begin with, 2 weeks of editing, about an hr of googling/youtube searches on a crash course of my video edition software, at least 34 times of editor crashes, 1 crashed unrecoverable system(yay dual boot pc with multiple drives that saved my a** . also i hate you forced windows 10 updates)

I bring to the contest a hopefully not to bad entry as this whole video editing/you tube upload is new to me and between school/work/family i had limited time to produce this. also due to copyright issues and time restraints i couldn’t put the full idea my son and i came up with into the production video. i had ideas for different music and movie clips i wanted to add to it as well.

I was trying to go for syncing the shots with the beat of the music but that didn’t work the way i wanted in some spots, and the ban on use of copyright stuff didn’t help either as the better idea i had would have caused me to get removed from the competition and i really want one of those shirts and my kids want the credits so they can get another merc. So any ways i hope some one still gets the movie reference(see bellow) at the very end i was aiming for and stoker was the only photo in the db file that came close to what i needed to that wouldn’t get me kicked from the contest and hey its the unofficial start of the holidays so it kinda fits.

So for those who might not get what i was going for at the end picture this is what i was going for at the video. its the best i could do with such little time with out disqualifying my self or getting a copy right strike but here is what i was going for https://youtu.be/QRJ38y4Jn6k

(El_padre_) #124

i think a lot of people don’t read the rules because i see a lot of movie take before 10th october :// bad…

(Mc1412013) #125

How can you tell if it was before the 10th??? Youtube upload date??? My clips are legit after the 10th like days after the 10 but theres no date markers on it i dont want get kicked out of the contest so was i supposed to time stamp somehow

(Xenithos) #126

@Mc1412013 - Not you per say, but a lot of people literally have videos they’ve posted on Youtube before the 10th alone. That alone obviously means it’s before the tenth. Sadly DB doesn’t have in-game counters for seeing when the time is that Aren’t removable or anything. Because people could just as easily play with certain mechanics before October 10, upload it after, and it’d likely be hard to tell. I’m just glad that Windows says when my clips were taken under the video created date. I know for a fact after going through 4 hours of sorting over ~400gb of clips which ones are current enough for the contest, and cool enough.

Such as Jump sniping a long time ago was an easy thing to do, now it’s nearly impossible with Snipers, not as impossible with Sparks, if you get what I mean.

(HonourBound) #127

There was also the rule about footage before October 10th. :\ Crap, two plus people are disqualified alone on time-length of video. Or is it just one guy :stuck_out_tongue:

Your perfect Jump snipe though. That’s insane. I can’t do that anymore, they took it out. :([/quote]

Actually this clip was recorded after the 10th of october, it just took like 5 tries to actually hit the shot :lol: I still have the original clip of my fails :slight_smile:

(buoyantGale) #128

This is my submission:

I tried something a little different to most people on here already.

(Xenithos) #129

Your perfect Jump snipe though. That’s insane. I can’t do that anymore, they took it out. :([/quote]

Actually this clip was recorded after the 10th of october, it just took like 5 tries to actually hit the shot :lol: I still have the original clip of my fails :)[/quote]

That’s totally cool man, I wasn’t saying it was fake, I was just completely astounded by the perfection of that shot, it went so straight!
I’ve managed a few jump shots of my own, but I didn’t feel they were cool enough to put in my video, they were more like accidentally awesome rather than skill based epicness… Which hopefully is what they’re going for! :wink:

(BurntCornFlakes) #130

Actually this clip was recorded after the 10th of october, it just took like 5 tries to actually hit the shot :lol: I still have the original clip of my fails :)[/quote]

That’s totally cool man, I wasn’t saying it was fake, I was just completely astounded by the perfection of that shot, it went so straight!
I’ve managed a few jump shots of my own, but I didn’t feel they were cool enough to put in my video, they were more like accidentally awesome rather than skill based epicness… Which hopefully is what they’re going for! :wink: [/quote]

I’ve gotten a couple myself! Just wish they’d make it slightly less random.

Awesome videos from everyone so far!

(El_padre_) #131

@ Mc1412013 i don’t talk about you when i say “i think a lot of people don’t read the rules because i see a lot of movie take before 10th october :// bad…” just look any movie you see the screen is not like now you see on the left the name % of health of merc but now it’s on the top of screen

(The_N00Ba) #132

[quote=“HonourBound;210024”]

This to me means HoBo… you need to make a blooper video now. :slight_smile:

(sugaryPattern) #133

Proud to finally finish my submission. Hope you all enjoy watching it as much as I enjoyed putting it together!

my steam prof

(Mc1412013) #134

I think Thats changable in settings

(Xenithos) #135

I think Thats changable in settings[/quote]

I don’t know about in-game settings, but I’m pretty sure you can cause it to be like that just by moving the HUD around, which is a thing SD allows it’s players to do. So that’s not a guaranteed way of knowing either.

(Mc1412013) #136

I think Thats changable in settings[/quote]

I don’t know about in-game settings, but I’m pretty sure you can cause it to be like that just by moving the HUD around, which is a thing SD allows it’s players to do. So that’s not a guaranteed way of knowing either. [/quote]

Its called classic team hud just tried its there

(cornPole) #137

Here is my Epic Kill Video
(/^o^)/ (^o^)
Hope you like it

(CommissarTyr) #138

I contributed

(Mc1412013) #139

(HonourBound) #140

[quote=“CommissarTyr;210124”]I contributed

[/quote]

Honestly that thumbnail is amazing :smiley: and so are the kills!