Dear Splash Damage...

(TragHIP) #41

[QUOTE=freefall;348371]The OP is completely correct about SD.

They should be banned from making games.[/QUOTE]

You Haters should really move on with your life. Enjoy your other “totally cool” games and stop whining so much in these forums.

(Jimmy James) #42

I hope you are being sarcastic, considering SD’s previous titles, Wolenstein: Enemy Territory and Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, were such amazing games. I think Brink has a lot of potential and I’m still having tons of fun playing it.

Bethesda on the other hand… ever played Daggerfall? Even after all the patches and the game guides and whatever I just got tired of falling through the stairs into the void over and over.

I got a big list of video game companies who I will never give money to again but SD isn’t one of them. Fingers crossed

-JJ

(Tandem) #43

[QUOTE=MorsTua;347288]What is ET? Pratically it’s the clone of RTCW … BUT …

Map are bigger, more complicate, with 10 objectives. (broooooooow)
There is a new class (spy) there are new weapons, new tools new xp, new bull****s . (broooooooow)
[/QUOTE]

More to it than that, definitely not a clone.

I agree with everything else, I just got rolled out of 50$.
At least when I was robbed on Wolfenstein, Best Buy gave me a $10 gift card.

funny mf

(TwwIX) #44

English is clearly not this man’s forte.

He does make a good point about SD though.

(hly) #45

The OP is 100% correct about splash damage. Wolfenstein was also made by ex-splash damage people (Endrant).

Nerve made rtcw and were the best :-).

I’m really shocked splash damage didn’t get with hannes and have a pro mod built into the game. Guess people can’t learn from mistakes.

(its al bout security) #46

[QUOTE=xTriXxy;348033]your posts looks like recruitation from deep hell or UFO sect.
I dont agree with you that ETQW and BRINK are fail games. They are just too unique. Thats all.[/QUOTE]

they are too good for him, let him burn!

he is a heretic let him burn at the stake!

(Impulse_) #47

[QUOTE=hly;348570]The OP is 100% correct about splash damage. Wolfenstein was also made by ex-splash damage people (Endrant).

Nerve made rtcw and were the best :-).

I’m really shocked splash damage didn’t get with hannes and have a pro mod built into the game. Guess people can’t learn from mistakes.[/QUOTE]

It’s not just them holly… It seems that because THEY CAN get away with releasing a broken game, they choose to. I mean… you bought the game and they get to choose whether they want to patch the game or not and if they do decide to patch it, they also get to choose how long they patch it for… It’s truly sad how we see bugs and glitches that people struggled with almost 10 years ago.

It never makes sense how a game like Brink can be released with so many flaws and problems. They have dedicated a few patches to fixing the invisibility of players and the sound bug, which haven’t been fixed yet. I guess when you got peoples money, it doesn’t matter, right? :mad::mad:

(DarkangelUK) #48

I want to clarify and correct you on this part, but I’ll let you live in your little bubble of ignorance :slight_smile:

(Humate) #49

Could you please clarify?

kthx!

(itsme) #50

amen to that. He made it kinda funny telling but at the end. He got a good point. I dont play Brink anymore since a week, during that I installed ET again :slight_smile:

i guess lots of people are waiting for the dlc and new patch?

I am in a Brink clan ftm but since tf2 became ftp they are all playin’ that so almost no activity on Brink

(DarkangelUK) #51

[QUOTE=Humate;348623]Could you please clarify?

kthx![/QUOTE]

Just the glaringly obvious part, there were maybe 2 ex-SD employees there in the whole team, Endrant was a mix of devs from various studios.

(MorsTua) #52

[QUOTE=itsme;348629]amen to that. He made it kinda funny telling but at the end. He got a good point. I dont play Brink anymore since a week, during that I installed ET again :slight_smile:

i guess lots of people are waiting for the dlc and new patch?

I am in a Brink clan ftm but since tf2 became ftp they are all playin’ that so almost no activity on Brink[/QUOTE]

LOL
Same happened to me and i guess to other peoples too…
Since there is slac it’s better to play cause u dont suspiciously watch every strange frag as a frag made with aimbot

Don’t put in my mouths things i havent said…
I said that Splash damage are/were talented guys and i do believe in this but i also said that their way to “complicate” games isn’t a winning choice and last 2 games’ achieves proof it.

ps: last 2 games… they made 3 games and one was saved by bani…

(Steinernein) #53

So, basically, all this points to one thing: SD has ****ty customer relations and slow/poor/****ty support?

So… they didn’t learn their lesson and other people outside of SD polishes their worthless **** and makes it into gold or something? SD basically should just outsource to China?

(zenstar) #54

[QUOTE=Steinernein;348666]So, basically, all this points to one thing: SD has ****ty customer relations and slow/poor/****ty support?

So… they didn’t learn their lesson and other people outside of SD polishes their worthless **** and makes it into gold or something? SD basically should just outsource to China?[/QUOTE]

You’re mixing up developer with publisher here.
SD has good customer relations but they are hampered by agreements with Bethesda who are handling the PR. They (Bethesda) are also, most likely, setting the schedules for patches and dlc.

Although on the support side of things SD has been pretty good getting out a bunch of patches early on and then recently a major balance change that addresses many of the communities issues with the weapons.

And your second point is kinda invalidated by the misconception of the first point.

(MorsTua) #55

[QUOTE=zenstar;348674]You’re mixing up developer with publisher here.
SD has good customer relations but they are hampered by agreements with Bethesda who are handling the PR. They (Bethesda) are also, most likely, setting the schedules for patches and dlc.

Although on the support side of things SD has been pretty good getting out a bunch of patches early on and then recently a major balance change that addresses many of the communities issues with the weapons.

And your second point is kinda invalidated by the misconception of the first point.[/QUOTE]

i dont think there will be many schedules to do if the game go on this way

(zenstar) #56

Just pointing out that a lot of the flak that SD is taking is because of the publisher and not SD itself. Think what you will of the game (I’m not getting into opinions on that) but the publisher have not helped them.

SD kept a fairly decent fanbase with ET:QW in spite of some of the issues it had and even paid out of it’s own pocket for the last patch that ET:QW got. They’re not ones to shy away from supporting their games when they’re free to do so.

(MorsTua) #57

the publisher means alot but many choices are taken by devs…
I am pretty sure about it, otherwise there wouldnt be a reason to keep the leads of various sections.

(sereNADE) #58

I prefer wolf:et and et:qw both vanilla. Solid pub games with opinions truly split within subjective areas (cept the popular netcode stuff for etqw).

BRINK; gunplay, movement, and interface… 3 hotly debated (?) yet hard to deny problem areas. Still time on the clock given established patch cycles. I’d rather root for the devs thans say, “MorsTua”.

(zenstar) #59

[QUOTE=MorsTua;349982]the publisher means alot but many choices are taken by devs…
I am pretty sure about it, otherwise there wouldnt be a reason to keep the leads of various sections.[/QUOTE]

I’m not saying that SD is blame free. There are design choices that they made that some people don’t like etc.
Just saying that there is blame to be laid on Bethesda too. In fact a lot of issues stem from a publisher who wants to push the game out early and handles the PR poorly.

A fair bit of this is speculation though since unless you work for Bethesda or SD you don’t know what contracts they’re under or what decisions were made by who, but I have seen posts that blame SD for things that are clearly Bethesda’s fault.

In fact Ive even seen a post that blamed id Software for things that were clearly Bethesda’s fault. That guy simply didn’t know what was going on :tongue:

(MorsTua) #60

[QUOTE=zenstar;350026]I’m not saying that SD is blame free. There are design choices that they made that some people don’t like etc.
Just saying that there is blame to be laid on Bethesda too. In fact a lot of issues stem from a publisher who wants to push the game out early and handles the PR poorly.

A fair bit of this is speculation though since unless you work for Bethesda or SD you don’t know what contracts they’re under or what decisions were made by who, but I have seen posts that blame SD for things that are clearly Bethesda’s fault.

In fact Ive even seen a post that blamed id Software for things that were clearly Bethesda’s fault. That guy simply didn’t know what was going on :tongue:[/QUOTE]

i agree with you but, dude, whoever is responsable doesnt matter
WE PAID for their mistakes… that’s all i know