Dear Splash Damage...

(.-COM-.PAIN) #61

The real issue is with the engine. Although, SD improved it for Brink, SD needs to seriously abandon the ID4 technology. Any future game made with it will be a fail. Brink would have been a much better game without the engine. ETQW suffered the same fate. Neither games shoot or feel as smooth as W:ET.

(playa) #62

MorsTua…BRAVO buddy Bravo…Ive been saying this since they release that garbage of a game etqw. I know that no game release is 100% solid, but there are some simple fixes they could have even brough over from there other games.

any rtcw/et player(not etqw player, dont confuse those kids with us) will tell you that all we want is an updated version of rtcw/w:et thats it. I have not played another game that required more skill than rtcw/w:et

ive been trollin these forums waiting to hear about the DLC or some kind of new patch to save comp…still nothing

Thats why RAGE will be a better game…also releasing all the tools you need to fix whatever you want to fix +1

(sereNADE) #63

RAGE will be better because it is being published by BETHESDA and developed by a company with a die-hard following.

(nick1021) #64

Im gonna hold back from rage for a few days.

(DrpPlates) #65

hope your right, but am not going to hold my breathe… as much as i love ID games, grew up playing their games. from what i’ve seen with Rage, graphics aside, it’s nothing ‘new’… i’ll admit, i’ve only see bits and pieces of the game, so i really dont know… but again, its going to be a wait and see for myself…

SD talked Brink up to be the second coming of W:ET- and for me, yeah… not even close…

so, with Rage, again I hope your right…

(NigelDocker) #66

Im not pre ordrring or buying new a game from Bethesda again, they’ve lost my trust with their last 2 games, using advertising to sell Brink rather than the games itself (because it was unfinished/glitchty/not working on release, and they knew that lol, they even released it 10 days early because they knew releasing it the same day as LA Noir would take half their few sales they already got)
Ino its adifferent company making rage, but I dont feel like giving bethesda anymore of my money, the way I see it they messed me about and took the mick a little, Im dissapointed in them and dont want to support them, ill give my money to game exchange instead.

(H0RSE) #67

I have never heard the devs say Brink was going to be the second coming of W:ET. I’ve heard them mention Brink would be sort of a spiritual successor of the Enemy Territory games, but that it would definitely not be a direct sequel and that it would definitely be its own game.

(NigelDocker) #68

He never said the dev’s said that, he said they talked it up like it was. And to be honest they did lol, talk about hyping it up.

(sereNADE) #69

[QUOTE=DrpPlates;350554]hope your right, but am not going to hold my breathe… as much as i love ID games, grew up playing their games. from what i’ve seen with Rage, graphics aside, it’s nothing ‘new’… i’ll admit, i’ve only see bits and pieces of the game, so i really dont know… but again, its going to be a wait and see for myself…

SD talked Brink up to be the second coming of W:ET- and for me, yeah… not even close…

so, with Rage, again I hope your right…[/QUOTE]

BRINK was a a game published by BETHESDA by a dev with a hardcore following. I bank on id more than anybody and what they are good at doing and what I hope from them isn’t necessarily something still considered mainstream. I predict gamers of a certain age will understand it, enjoy where it comes from and what might be added to the table but anybody not from the id playing pedigree might consider it merely passable or a knockoff of titles they already know.

(Kurushi) #70

Just a general point on Rage, make sure you play it on a good rig, look back at doom 3 and people didn’t play it how it was meant to me played…

…I expect a corridor shooter, I’m sure id will deliver on that, but I know for a start people won’t be happy because they think we’ve ‘come on’ from since the likes of Doom. Sod that… give me more Doom in ultra sick graphics thank you very much :wink: If you can’t play it at full spec, wait until you can be immersed.

I can’t wait and my PC is pretty s**t :frowning:

OT I know but it got me thinking about the expectations we have of games, Brink included. There is still a lot of us out there that just want good classic shooting hailed from the days of Doom and Quake. The problem with Brink is people can’t appreciate what it comes from and what Splash Damage have stuck to.

Back to id - they’ve always stuck by their guns, like SD, I hope they have with Rage and - brought nothing remarkably new to the table but kept what it’s all about - with sick tech behind it.

(MorsTua) #71

[QUOTE=playa;350521]MorsTua…BRAVO buddy Bravo…Ive been saying this since they release that garbage of a game etqw. I know that no game release is 100% solid, but there are some simple fixes they could have even brough over from there other games.

any rtcw/et player(not etqw player, dont confuse those kids with us) will tell you that all we want is an updated version of rtcw/w:et thats it. I have not played another game that required more skill than rtcw/w:et

ive been trollin these forums waiting to hear about the DLC or some kind of new patch to save comp…still nothing

Thats why RAGE will be a better game…also releasing all the tools you need to fix whatever you want to fix +1[/QUOTE]

thx but as you said, every rtcw/et players thinks what i said
about rage there will be a multiplayer yes, but it will be about cars…
No fps with death match or ctf or objectives :expressionless:

(H0RSE) #72

Yes they hyped it up, but they hyped it up as it’s own game, not as a second coming of an ET game.

(nick1021) #73

They said themselves that it was a second coming of an ET game.

(engiebenjy) #74

I loved ETQW, I was in both betas and so I feel like I gave the game alot of time to learn things. I remember writing a forum post saying that they needed some form of tutorials in the game because it was just too complex for a newbie.

I believe they added a tutorial feature in the 1.5 update? which was well after the games release and far too late. The game itself was brilliant - it just had a steep learning curve.

As for brink this I think has been ruined more by technical issues (lag on consoles, slow texture loads, ATI problems on the pc) than its complexity. Its fairly straightward game in comparison to ETQW.

(INF3RN0) #75

I wonder why you are saying “it’s own game”. It wasn’t going to be a WW2 or Quake themed game, but they said multiple times it was going to be an ET game. I just watched some old interviews a few days ago to double check that I wasn’t delusional.

(Jimmy James) #76

I’m confused. Are you saying that Brink wasn’t published by Bethesda and developed by a company with a die-hard following? If so, I disagree.

-JJ

(zenstar) #77

I’m very wary of Bethesda now. They pulled some (what I consider) scummy moves with the marketing and sale of Brink. I’ll wait to see how Rage turns out before I think about buying it. I love id but I’ll wait and see.

(Wildkarrde) #78

Hell I’m getting it second hand at best.I blame Bethesda as much as SD for releasing Brink the state it was in, neither are getting my cash at all if I can help it .

(sereNADE) #79

[QUOTE=Jimmy James;350838]I’m confused. Are you saying that Brink wasn’t published by Bethesda and developed by a company with a die-hard following? If so, I disagree.

-JJ[/QUOTE]

the finer point i mean to get across is that rage is susceptible. every bethesda game i have ever gotten early was a mess. those comments you read before were sarcasm; pointing out what brink and rage have in common and that followings sometimes don’t matter.

(Jimmy James) #80

Ah, sarcasm. I get sarcasm.

-JJ