DC 3000 - Custom Map

(Donnovan) #1

DC 3000 is a custom map done in association with TAW.

Here some of the shots showed on the Glory Topic.

PS.: Continuation of the showage will happens here.

(taw_m0nsta) #2

Map will be released very very soon. Its up you Donnovan for doing the final wishes of me and release, or just do a public release now anyway.
Ill like to thank you now anyway, for being so patient (with my random osx bug, at least we found out what triggered it!), and your amazing work on shaping this map!

(Runeforce) #3

The map looks visually AMAZING, one step short of TRUE ART!! I agree with Monsta on his critisism: It’s too short…such a beautiful map needs more time spend on it a.k.a. prolonged objectives.

One thing that makes me worried: the small cramped hallways…I would suggest to always have two entries to each POI (Point Of Interrest a.k.a. where you have to go to complete objectives.)

Badman: have you seen this map yet? Don’t you think it’s time to offer this guy a job? It looks better than Brink! (or at least as good, considering this is a one-man job…sorry SD LEGENDS, meant no offense :slight_smile: …but it’s obvious that this guy got talent!) Ps. Don’t break your own backs on the new game. We want it…but not that badly :slight_smile:

[On a community note, I would wish you would all do like Donnovan et. al. (f. ex. inc. Mateos) and release your creative content on a CC-BY-SA (or simmilar copyleft) license, so the community can benefit and pull their minds together, instead of claiming your “Intellectual Property” on an ego-trip (a.k.a. NOT “you can use my map, but I won’t release my source” but…move away from that model and instead release the map-source, with the map.)]

(light_sh4v0r) #4

Looks great Don, by far the best of your maps :slight_smile:
Wonder how well it plays.

(.Chris.) #5

[QUOTE=light_sh4v0r;406024]Looks great Don, by far the best of your maps :slight_smile:
Wonder how well it plays.[/QUOTE]

That doesn’t even make sense, you not played it but know it’s his best map?

(Donnovan) #6

Thanks guys! Those shots are specialy beautifull, not sure what Monsta did. He is pixels & fotons friend!

lakers, i’m not sure if i can survive in a place with punks and tattoes. I’m so cute so i will get crazy and die in pain.

Chris, he sayd “Wonder how well it plays”. He is talking about visuals when he say “best map”.

May be change corridor light on shot 5 so light does not abruptly cahnge from green to white/brow.

(Ashog) #7

WOW!

chars

(taw_m0nsta) #8

I didn’t modified the screenshots, all pure ingame screenshots, it might misses a small slice on the right (pictures to big for the forum). And I think the gfov is set too high because I play on 1920x1200…

(Donnovan) #9

This is amazing!!!

(light_sh4v0r) #10

What Don said, I was talking just about the looks :wink:

(Ashog) #11

Expecting some sense from a totally mostly useless guy who traitored ETQW is not making any sense. What what. Making any sense?

(DrFunkenstein) #12

Any idea about a release date for this? I noticed they were running it on a TAW server (probably a beta) and that made me want to try it out myself.

Dr. Funkenstein

(taw_m0nsta) #13

Release it Don :slight_smile:

(iwound) #14

lots of nice screenies. any overhead view?

(Donnovan) #15

iwound, hey bro! You mean a view like a command map?

eltonlangston, thank you!

(DrFunkenstein) #16

@billyurbanek: I’m sure there’s always a faster network adapter available unless you have the fastest one in existence already.

@Donnovan: release the map you evil man!

Dr. Funkenstein

(Donnovan) #17

[QUOTE=DrFunkenstein;417861]@Donnovan: release the map you evil man!

Dr. Funkenstein[/QUOTE]

Hey friend!

I since you guys want it, i will reserve 2 or 3 days to do some changes, fixies, and then release it.

(Runeforce) #18

If you also release the source (plus monsta’s concept piece) you will be my hero (you already sort of am, but anyways) :slight_smile:

(Donnovan) #19

Yes, sure Runeforce! I will release source!! Can’t be happy without releasing it!

Not sure why not release it!

This is included in this 2 or 3 days of work… I just dont have a clue of what “contract” to choose… If someone can give me a tip…

Want to make it completely free.

(Runeforce) #20

Being the copyleft free software supporter nut that I am, I would suggest a CC-BY-SA license. If you don’t care about derivative work also being released with source you could go for a CC-BY or WTFPL.

(Many other options are avilable for both licenses, copylefted free work and non-copylefted free work, but those are amongst the most common…well, except the WTFPL…that one is just hilarious…except it’s non-copylefted, which is not hilarious IMO.)