Cup ?

(rUBBEN) #1

Hi there !

I was wondering if people would be interested to play an ETQW cup 2v2 ? The [STU]pidoz clan would be ok to organise that, but it would be ineteresting only if at least about 20 players would be in.

So, before everything, who is interested ?

(Verticae) #2

2v2 seems a bit overly limiting, but any 4v4inf game and I’d be in.

(rUBBEN) #3

Sure, I have already thought about it, but look, the only teams that would play would be HaVoK, [40%], Stupidoz, maybe vanillitas, maybe a mix team and that’s all :confused: whereas if we set a 2v2, I think that Stupidoz and HaVoK could ready something like 5 or 6 line-ups, [40%] maybe 4, Vanillitas the same, and some random players should join up too :slight_smile:

It could be fun to play the whole event on Volcano.

Or at least 3v3, that might be very nice !

Edit : We played a cw vs V3rt!go guys recently, I think they would be in too

(Dthy) #4

I’ll see if i can get some nubs off brink for a few games, and im up for 4/more Vs 4/more as always

Need a date and time, sGs is in the Semi’s in brink, and if they win, they’ll be at the finals.

(Apples) #5

Can play if anyone want a super highskilled obj ninja

(Verticae) #6

I’m sure TAW could send in a few mix teams.

(Rex) #7

2on2 doesn’t make sense at all. As a 6on6 player I would play at least 4on4. Default net setting please, then count me in :wink:
Btw I can provide 2 servers with all configs you want.

(.Chris.) #8

4 v 4 is absolute minimum team size and even then it’s not much fun.

(Ashog) #9

we got 4 biatches in stock?

(Apples) #10

Well i think so… we migh even get vert back (he’s a fantastic noob to play with), but we need many teams also, and some split up would be great for comp IMO, with the little player pool that is left, put 4 ubergod in one team and they’ll rollover everything, not much fun as I like balanced games and there is not enough activity to train and becoming really better before any cup… it’s like entering a cup for the sake of being rolled, smell the rage!

But well rUBBEN, bring the cup, I’ll bring 2 girls.

(rUBBEN) #11

Hum… finally not so few people are interested, that sounds very good !

@xeR : thank you very much, I’ll be in touch with StupidoGoblin for the servers, maybe you can switch yours to TV servers, or the opposite, Goblin switch his, and yours to play, I think it’s better for the lag !

Yes, I think 4v4 is the best if we want to get enough teams.

Is it better to organise that as a Nightcup, or on several evenings/nights ?

@Verticae : I’ll be in touch with Wackocat from TAW to ask him !
@apples : hehe xD if you want to improve, just leave your custom server and come on pro :slight_smile:

Do we have to ask the teams to tell me the line-up before, or we let them change everytime ?

(Dthy) #12

It would be best if you ask the teams for a final line-up, so each team knows who they can potentially play and devise different strategies for each teams. Over several evenings would be better imo, so we can watch other matches and have time practicing between matches, instead of all games in one.

(light_sh4v0r) #13

I might play for Biatch if this is during the holidays. Mightily out of shape though, to the point where I’m having trouble hitting strogg in Dusk…

(Apples) #14

Lets be the challenger then :wink:

I’m curious to see what we can do with a good lineup (murka / tanz when he’s not drunk / chris / shog)

(sereNADE) #15

rounding up some oh so reluctant bh

(rUBBEN) #16

Sounds very good !

Honestly I would prefer to organise that after this summer holydays, I got too much mates gone (Tirok, Arnold, ShadowToLight…), but I still can try to get them.

We can do that : I announce the matchs, like a little ladder, for example b!atch vs TAW|, and then I let you organise a date, and after the match you tell me the results, if I couldn’t be there :slight_smile: I think it can work !

We have been playing on the HaVoK server yesterday with Ashog, vrt, etc, it seems there is no much lag, so we will probably play on it (hosted in Paris), do you know how to switch a server to TV, xeR ?

edit : Can someone be in touch with Hyperion guys ? I saw Bangor yesterday, and forgot to tell him about that -_-

(Ashog) #17

[quote=Apples;360129]Lets be the challenger then :wink:

I’m curious to see what we can do with a good lineup (murka / tanz when he’s not drunk / chris / shog)[/quote]

add vert, timestart and yumyum and scrupus to that

(Verticae) #18

I’ll probably mix into whatever team needs a fourth

Also, I’d suggest not to use static lineups: With the shrunk playerbase, it’s best to allow a little flexibility :slight_smile:

(Badmojo) #19

GzR might be able to field 4.

(rUBBEN) #20

Very nice, Badmojo !!

Could you guys tell me when you can play ?