Create Your Own Soldier

(Smouse) #41

First of all, the game is great. Most of the great soldier ideas are already a reality and available.

The ninja idea is cool. I like it it. But isnt it “Juan” with a katana? How about an agent with an EMP charge that imobilizes enemy robotics (i.e. shield o bot UAV drone) for two turns.

(Doom-Xx) #42

Ivan Tkilya can do that

Except he’s Commando

(tapititone) #43

I would like to see a light Engineer with a Taser. 5 energy per use, can be used up to 4 times in a match, it can be used more than once per turn and it can only be used on targets right next to him/her. Using the Taser on an ennemy will reduce his energy for the next round just like Tkilya’s concussion grenade. It can be used on a friendly deployable to restore it’s energy (can’t use Taser twice on the same deployable in the same turn however).

(RazerFazer) #44

Probably another medic with healing aura would be nice

(AgentOO7) #45

Angela Merci has that ability,. xD

(AgentOO7) #46

[QUOTE=S4GRAD0;419716]“The Terrorist”
Light soldier
New ability : self-detonate - area effect damage. Can cause a mini stun within the blast zone. Of course, one-time-big-time-skill because it will also kill the unit. Hehehe. Obviously. :D[/QUOTE]

I love to this see this self-demo-soldier in action. xD Btw double Kate seems a little overpowered in 14pts. Also to mention, her throwing range is also unfair. Or maybe the radius of the gas, hmm… In my humble opinion, her gas bomb ability should cost more. I’m having trouble with her throwing range and damage output and still she could still manage to hide. xD

(RazerFazer) #47

I know just another maybe a heavy

(Sandpuppy) #48

what I think would be a fun addition is someone who can lock enemy units in place for a round or two
it could either be hypnosis by some weird psychiatrist or voodoo priest
or a remotely or automatically triggered hidden trap by someone like a guerilla digging a hole, or a hunter setting a bear-trap, I do not know, just do not make it science fiction themed pls, megan’s mines already somehow seem a little too hightech to fit the great style of the game

hypnosis could end whenever the unit takes damage, if it would be too powerfull otherwise

(Bwade) #49

Im scared to use my money they might add a new character

(Ranger007) #50

i was thinking about super light and super heavy unit :stuck_out_tongue:

8energy
.5en to walk 1 square

22en
4en to walk 1 square

(Tarq) #51

A few ideas I especially liked:

Commando with limited ability to shoot through cover and/multiple foes.
Agent with some sort of bonus for attacking from behind.
Medic with some sort of temporary boost for other toons.

My version of flame-themed Engineer:
“Red Hot” Cinnamon Bonn
Flamethrower - range 3, ignores cover. Including Green if the target is 3 squares distance or less?
Ability: Napalm Icing - a deployable, sort of. Makes a 2x2 area of flame. Units passing through take damage + dot. Lasts 3 turns.

Another Engineer:
Willy “Whirley” Byrd
Helicopter - deploys a small remote-controlled helicopter. Move 6, does melee damage.

Commando:
Berserk Boris - gangster visual theme (or gangster/Viking? Berserk Bjorn.)
Wild shooting/striking
Passive special ability - support and return fire has 1-radius area-of-effect.
Or
Ability - can make normal attack area-of-effect 2 times/game.

Agent
Rudolf the Rat
Special version of ghost - pries up pavement and drops into sewer under map. Can stay under up two 4 turns, but immobile for turn when reappears. (Takes a few moments to break out onto the surface again.)

Medic
Doc Chop - wears blood-spattered lab coat
Ability - vital blow - lowers target’s energy next turn by set amount 3/match. (Or immobilize 1/match, but only if adjacent?)

(Destroy666) #52

Tapir Rider.

(Warchest_Andy) #53

Light soldier, 12 AP, Commando class. Can fire a net at an enemy for 4 AP; trapped enemy is unable to move, fire or use abilities in its next turn. Limited range, one or maybe two uses per game.

Medium medic, special ability is Stimpack. 4 AP to use, one use per turn, three uses in total. Causes 40 damage to target but boosts AP by 4.

(bk17c) #54

Hey RAD!
Here are some new ground-breaking ideas for the new characters.

1.) “The Cop”
Light Soldier
Ability: Hand-cuffs!
No. of uses: 3
Energy: 3
Prevents an opponent character from attacking for 1 turn.
Stand next an opponent character and activate this ability.

2.) “The Mischief”
Light Soldier
Ability: Switch weapons!
No. of uses: 2
Energy: 4
Always wanted to use your opponents weapon but you never have the chance?
Well activate this ability by standing next to them!
Switches weapon with ally/enemy for 3 turns.
Weapons that are not in your class will receive a 5% damage reduction.
(One of an effective way for people to actually BUY the woozy SMG!)

3.)“The Ninja”
Light Soldier
Ability: Smoke Screen!
Energy: 3
Opponents can only deal 75% true damage to characters inside the Smoke Sreen (3 by 3 radius)

4.)“The Mafia”
Medium Soldier
Ability: Disruptor!
No. of uses: 3
Energy: 6
Prevents the all opponets in a 3 by 3 radius from using any ability for 1 turn!
Disruption-O-BANG!

5.)“The Eskimo”
Heavy Soldier
Ability: Freeze Shot!
Energy: 5
Slows a character movement by 2. (Means double energies are needed for every movement!)

Please note that if any of my ideas are the same as yours… it is by COINCIDENCE!
I did’nt really read through all the ideas… XD

(g00n) #55

What Ive seen so far in this game how many ideas are coming from films and other sources. With rumours I hear of new city locations, chances are some new characters will turn up and hopefully map features that can be damaged or destroyed to make unique areas in tactical (find maps to symetrical) movement.
I see a world of Law Enforcers, Military, Mercenaries, and odd local personalities (wannabees) made up fighters. I placed a basic idea of description and voice/sounds also(though I miss this it was cut for ipod 8gb model cant handle the size it stuttered and crashed a lot) to get a feel with some of characters. Also introduced a few new weapons and abilities.
Here some ideas floating around more about brain storming while typed the lot over a period of time so could be a bit geeky detailed …so be cool to see if some ever do get introduced.
If RAD are going to introduce character types I hope “cloning” will stop-AKA doubling up a character.

THE PUNK
“Sid Viscious/Johhny Rotten/ Vivian” (sex Pistols/Young ones influence ;p)
London without street punks will be a colourful addition to growing list of personalities.
Description:
Has a nice spikey pink/blue/red/yellow/green (could change in outfits) mohawk. Big mean looking head, stubble, Beady little eyes, nose ring and (small) ears studs. Lankey long tattooed arms with studded bracelets, one spikey fingerless glove. slightly skinny body with a leather vest with studs and spikes, Anarchy Symbol painted on back or skull (outfits could have other types). dirty, holed Tee shirt colour depends on outfit-could have band name or icon on. Stunted legs in black ripped jeans and large 18holed Doc Marten boots with steel caps and studded soles.
Voice be intersting to see and plenty of grumblings, chain rattles and boot stomps.
Type: Light Commando (Wannabee)
Health: 200
Energy:12
Squad Points:4/5?
Move penalty: 1 per square
Weapon:
“Whirling Cruncher”
A chain with a heavy spikey object like a morning star but no handle.
Range: 2
Optimum Range: 2
Knock Back: 0/1
Damage: 38pts
Cost to use: 4

Abilities:
“Boot Stomp!” (1 or unlimited) [energy cost: 5]
When standing close to enemy instead of using prime weapon, the Toon attacks by knocking opposition down and stomping him a number of times for 50pts of damage “Ugh ugh ugh hehheh”
“Punk Rage!” (1) [energy cost: 6]
It last one turn where the toon gets into a frenzy and runs crazily too or away from enemy, movement is doubled per square. If he goes in combat he has fist flying and does 20pts at energy 2. All return fire does damage after the energy is spent. So if toon is low on health and attacks but due to return fire would of been killed if done a normal attack it may continue till energy spent then collapse dead of wounds afterwards. “screams” while attacking and running

THE AUXILLARY
“AMMO BOY” “MULE”
this be an interesting twist where other team toons can get extra ammo like grenades or rockets to carry on fight.
Description:
Very young boy like figure, Clean shaven, wide staring eyes (mule like) perky up turned nose and freckles with Army style gear, but clutted in a way with large pockets and assorted gear carries ammo box in one hand muscular but slender tiny feet. Backpack has (M72 LAW on top if used) water bottle, camping gear etc. Goofy looking when moving and makes a lot of clinking clanking rattling sounds. Voice high boyish tone, slightly stuttery.
Type: Light Support Commando (Military)
Energy:14
Squad Points:4/(5 if pocket rocket used)
Move penalty: 2 per square
Weapon:
Cockler SMG
Abilities:
“Refill” (2-3) [energy cost: 3]
He may give one grenade type to another team member only when they have finished using designated. These are for the one off type abilities like Toxic/flamer/concuss/boomtube rocket/grenade. not archies exploding quarrels
“Supportive fire”
Same rules
OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL IDEAS:
“Pocket Rocktuber” (1) [energy cost: 6]
Similar to the boom tube but less damage and splash. use of M72 LAW for visual?
or
“return Fire”
Auto response to enemy attack on toon but half damage.

THE ASSASSIN
“THE PHANTOM”
Description:
Slender not too tall has both slashers on his back crossed. long eagle nose dark black sunken shifty eyes, Moustache like the musketeers with heavy gaping chin (just think of Guy Fawkes mask for inspiration crossed with Dishonest John) and evil grin. Broad spy vs spy type hat and cape.
Moves like a cat gracefully, Flamboyant in drawing swords as he gets into combat. Be interesting to see what type of voices it has

Type: Medium Agent/spy (Merc)
Health: 250
Squad Points:6
Weapon:
“Dual Slashers”
Curved sabre blades dual attack.
Range: 1
Optimum Range: 1
Knock Back: 0
Damage: 65pts

Abilities:
“Shadow!” (1) [energy cost: 5]
Two turns length unless sighted by enemy counter abilities. Like ghost but is a shadow if on maps in the day…but maps at night treated like ghost, The shadow will help enemy know where but cannot fire primary weapons but can use abilities to attack them.
“Blow Pipe!” (2-3) [energy cost: 4]
Shoots a poison dart four squares with similar effects as Kates toxic grenade in damage and two turns of side effects, no splash.

THE SCOUT
Scott “HAWKEYE” Pointer
Description:
Well proportioned, slightly chiseled features, rolled up sleeves, Not much gear on back, Eyes large and always looking around and wandering. Dosnt sprint but more casual in movement. Country style of talking voice. Wears woodland camo surrounding edge cap hat.

Type: Medium Commando (Military)
Health: 280
Squad Points:5-6?
Weapon:
Hooh Har or
“Sattie Carbine”
Carbine version of a SA80 (L22A2 Carbine)
Range: 5
Optimum Range: 3-4
Damage: 30pts

Abilities:
“Eagle Eye!” (1-2 or unlimited) [energy cost: 3-4]
Has a range of 5 and will spot all hidden objects or enemy toons
“Walkie Talkie” (1) [energy cost: 6-8]
Calling in either one or maybe random strike on a designated target. this could also be ideas for command for future levels or use similar ones to command.
Drone Strike
A Drone flies low over building and strafes one square wide three square deep 60pts of damage
Cluster bomb strike
You hear a jet coming in and all you see is a shadow along ground of a fighter (if daylight) and splash damage on 2x4 area of 90pts with no knockback.
Napalm Strike
similar to Cluster bomb but has same effects as Juans Flamer over a three by five area 90pt
Morter Barrage
Like the command version but three hits randomly done in 3x3 of target causing 25pts splash damage
Carpet Bomb
Probably the most leathalist and has knockback and 3x5 splash area

THE PATHFINDER
Patty “THE OWL” Reed
Description:
She is short pretty redhead, bobbed with green beret, Large myterious eyes, a few freckles turn up little nose. Has a parachute pack and Beakon strapped to it. Wears camoflage gear slightly baggy but with tight belts to show hew average build with short legs and feet
Type: Light Commando (Military)
Weapon:
Woozy SMG
Abilities:
“Parachute!” (1) [energy cost: 6]
At the beginning of the game before squad setup, player will get a choice to use this ability to land randomly in the zone square around rocket. Otherwise treated as normal.
“Beakon” (1) [energy cost: 4-6]
sets up a beakon which will call in something similar to command/or see above Walkie Talkie. It either come in at end of turn like parachuted crates or hit enemy in 3x3 area at there end of move triggured off by enemy moving in area-this includes ghosting type toons. All hidden will appear after damage.

THE TOASTER
Byran “Scorcher” Burns
Description:
A Broad shoulded small headed stocky old timer veteren Wearing a welder mask with helmet and heavy padded thermal protected armour two Cylanders on his back. Sloshing sounds and that roar you hear every time from the flamer. Waddles slowly.
Type: Heavy Commando Support (Merc/Military)
Health: 300
Energy:18
Squad Points:5
Move penalty: 3 per square
Weapon:
Otto semi auto
Abilities:
“Flamethrower” (3) [energy cost: 6]
Shoots burning oil 3 squares away, 1x3 splash area doing damage for two turns -similar to Juan but maybe more brutal in damage.
When he dies he explodes into flames (cause damage? on those around depending on how many goes he has left in the tank so becareful to move to close to enemy on full tank)
“Flash Bomb” (1) [energy cost: 4]
Treat like concuss grenade - Intense flare light that blinds all in range (so be careful it can affect team members as well) and reduces energy for one turn to half no damage to health. It will also bring all ghosters out of hiding, will not affect hidden mines etc.

SWAT
Brad “Striker” James
If ever maps begin to go inside famous buildings this will be a nice edition
Description:
Dresed in law enforcemnt uniform SWAT on the back googles and black balaklava with helmet. When he is ordered to move “go go go!”
Type: Medium Commando (Lawman)
Weapon:
Cockler MT5
Abilities:
“Counterstrike”
This is similar to supportive but dosnt need energy saved to return fire it hits back like it fired full damage. Any saved energy will fire another round on same attacker if attacked twice. Counterstrike is only used once like remote sensor rocket launcher/minigun. any attack from another enemy wont count bonus strike only saved energy point if first attacker didnt shoot twice/
“Flash Bang” (1) [energy cost: 6]
This is a concussion/Flash grenade and will make all those affected lose a turn to fight back. Reduces energy to o and does some minor health damage.

SHEILDER
Logan “Blocker” Ryan
Another version of Dee Hatlacker
Description:
Dressed in law enforcemnt uniform, Muscular popye type arms and has a slight crouch look. When he walks he ducks behind the shield and only pops up to shoot. Has gas mask.
Weapon:
Cold Audomatic (only one handed weapons other is holding shield)
Abilities:
“Shield”
This Dosnt get destroyed like the remote. It is a shoulder length metal shield with reinforced glass viewer (not the clear plastic type riot shields) It will treat all attacks as though it is under best cover in maps. It will not be knocked back from any type of weapon and deflects damage from the toon FRONT ONLY. All side and rear are treated as normal so vunerable-so it is really important to know what direction you want toon to be. This is close to having two seperate weapons.
A note I like to see all toons with gasmask immune to toxic or gas attacks
“Stun Baton” (3) [energy cost: 5]
Toon holsters primary weapon and draws out electric baton “TszzzzDONK!”
This will be nice for close in attacks and change over weapon type. Basically it deals out health damage and minus a quarter percentage of enemies energy points

DESPERSER
Sean “TAMER” O’Leary
Description:
Dressed in law enforcemnt uniform, Police hat.
Type: light Commando (lawman)
Weapon:
Cold Audomatic
Abilities:
“Smoke Canister” (1) [energy cost: 4]
Thrown same range as a grenade It masks all those inside the cloud and no one can fire from inside or into cloud 3x3 to 5x5 depending on balance. No one can see on other side of smoke and vice versa. Last two turns.
“Tear Gas” (1) [energy cost: 4]
Similar to concussion grenade but all shooting attacks or abilities cannot be taken. till healed or when the 2 turns are up. They are free to move. Health or energy are not affected. Like my idea before all, gasmasked toons should be immune.

ROCKETMAN
Jimminy “jumper” Higgens
Inspired by boba Fett something similar be very interesting in manuevering map terrain.
Description:
Small built stocky guy with helmet/visor just see his eyes. Wheres slight armoured type suit and a large jetpack with warhead on top, has knee and shin protection on his puny legs.
Type: Medium/Heavy Commando (Merc)
Energy:16
Move penalty: 3 per two squares
Weapon:
“Dual Woozy SMG”

Damage: 36pts
Cost to use: 5

Abilities:
“Jetpack” (3) [energy cost: 5]
This only will allow toon to jump walls/barriers/fences that are on borders of squares. Not the fountain, high walls and buildings that block view and firing. When he jumps he can hover up in air to have better firing on all those barriers that he can he jump- extending ranges so improving damage and hiting target under cover. As soon as his turn is over or he moves a square may it be to jump a barrier or not, he will land back on ground. I thought this may be more balanced than letting it fly at 1-2 energy per square. Im sure others will have ideas. Getting killed he shoots into air and moves a number of squares depending on tank full and explodes or blows up on spot with splash damage.
“Rocketlauncher” (1) [energy cost: 8]
Very much like the Boom tube on spud. bends over to fire in direction but slightly less accurate?
Be nice to have rockets and grenades help destroy some barriers or map terrain…I wouldnt tell players if implemented, let them discover what can be blown it will freak out everyone :stuck_out_tongue:

IRONMAN
Ned "Golaith"Ferram
A modern day version of Ned Kelly
Description:
Tall Heavly built guy completly covered in a homemade style armoured sui riveted slightly pocked mark with bullets and scratches and rust. He walks very stiffly like the mummy off old movies but dosnt moan but pants
Type: Heavy Commando (Merc Wannabee)
Energy: 20
Weapon:
Two types what ever weapons decided (one handed only)
Abilities:
"Armour "
Armour protects from all weapons reducing Damage by half. All knock back weapons make toon prone to falling and staying on ground. It takes 1 energy point to stand up after knockbacks. Knocking back toon ranged will count as cover if hit again. In melee range (1 square) no armour protection, damage is normal.
“Swap Weapon” (unlimited) [energy cost: 1]
Toon has a choice of two different type of weapons as long at it is single handed eg Knarly Knife and Cold Audomatic (default?) Clicking on swap only can be done once per turn.

BOOMER
Morgan “Boomer” Taylor
Interesting to have a type of toon that dosnt go into the combat but hangs in a place to support.
Description:
A muscle bound broad shoulded black guy with skinhead, doe eyes, flat nose and cheesy grin Strapped to back is morter and on each side Satchels for the morter bombs. Has bandola of 40mm grenades.
Type: Heavy Support Engineer (Military/Merc)
Squad Points:6-7?
Weapon:
" Splurge gun RGL"
Based on the on the M32 MGL
Range: 8
Optimum Range: 3-7
Damage: 40pts splash
Cost to use: 6

Abilities:
“Portable Morter” (3) [energy cost: 8]
May fire at any target three squares away. All target in line of sight are hit, but with morter you can shoot over areas of cover that blocks view (maybe different icon than balls eye). It wil be random shot that will hit either targeted or one of the squares around. Splash Damage and Knock back of one Damage 25-65?
“Tool Kit” (unlimited) [energy cost: 3]
Same like all the engineers

NINJA
Izumi “Creeping Death” Miho
This my is my version of suggested from others (if RAD does Tokoyo maps Im sure this will turn up, Ninja that is.)
It could be a class type and each ninja has different traits of Abilities or weapons.
Description:
She is very thin and cat like in agility covered in black Has her Kusarigama on her back and crossbelt for shooting stars .
Type: Light Commando Ninja (Military/Merc)
Move penalty: 1 per two squares
Weapon:
" Shooting Stars"
Based on the on the Shuriken
Range: 4
Damage: 10pts
Cost to use: 3

Abilities:
“Creep” (3) [energy cost: 8]
Ghost is pretty much done to death so other forms be good to expand. Ninja goes in a smooth slow stalking mode treating each square 1 energy per move, but toon is hidden if in any cover is given in that square, so when enemy watch oppositions move it will have some glimpses if ninja in open otherwise invisible for two turns unless all counter abilities spot the ninja.
“Kusarigama” (unlimited or 3-4) [energy cost: 8]
This is an interesting weapon and unique way to deal with enemy. When Ninja is 2 squares away he uses this weapon by swirling above head throwing the chain with weight to wrap around target imobilising it. Here we can either pull victim in towards the ninja and then it attacks with the scythe or Ninja gets a free move in close to do same thing. Damage 70 and target will forfiet return fire if they have any energy.

ENFORCER
Randy"Thug" Bosilitz
I was watching a ice hockey movie the other day this idea popped up and so did the image of Jason :stuck_out_tongue:
Description:
Totally covered in Ice hocky Goalkeeper gear with roller blades. the rollerblades make toon move normally otherwise be lumbering around with all the padding with studs and spikes. moves around like it was skating
Type: Medium Commando (Merc/Wannabee)
Move penalty: 1 per squares
Weapon:
“Lumberstick”
Based on the Ice hockey goalie stick but made with titanium and a sharpened blade
Optimum Range:1
Knock Back: 1

Abilities:
“Puck Chuck” (3) [energy cost: 5]
This could be actual puck or cans, stones etc on map terrain it could show toon dropping it down and whacking it to target. It causes 10 pt damage and reduces 5 energy points on enemy next round. If Target has stored some energy for return fire it is automatically lost as well as with change in next turn–birdies flying around head? Range is three squares.
Brawl (unlimited) [energy cost: 4]
When Toon is in melee range he can holster Lumberstick and grab target in a away he cannot fire weapon or handle melee weapons. And then goes and pummels the target with fist and head butts causing 25pt damage Can be used more than once in a turn.

SUBURBAN WARRIOR
Donald “Barbarian” Smythe
This is a silly fun one, pretty much a lounge warrior wannabee, but really wanted to introduce the cricket bat to the weapons list-sean of the dead :stuck_out_tongue:
Description:
Make shift outfit of pots, sport gear etc. The toon is a slob and carries a six pack hanging from his belt, Stomach, burps every time ordered to move and waddles puffing.
Type: Medium Commando (Wannabee)
Energy:10
Squad Points:4
Weapon:
"Cracker Bat
Based on the cricket bat
Damage: 45pts

Abilities:
“Cuttlery throw” (3) [energy cost: 3]
grabbed all the knives from the kitchen, or odd sizes and occasional fork spoon Random Damage of 10-30. Opposition dosnt return fire spending time ducking and dodging. Range upto 4 squares
Nail Bomb (1) [energy cost: 4]
A bomb made out of household cleaning products/fertilizer with lots of nails in a can and fuse. range same as Grenade but random damage may occur. ranging from 25pt to 90pts splash damage. Over fourty damage will have knockback. If maps boards show rain chances of fuse not working.

(g00n) #56

Not sure what happened to my first post I did a couple of days ago.
Edited: ((first one I deleted didn’t know post had to be checked by mod))

What Ive seen so far in this game how many ideas are coming from films and other sources. With rumours I hear of new city locations, chances are some new characters will turn up and hopefully map features that can be damaged or destroyed to make unique areas in tactical (find maps to symetrical) movement.
I see a world of Law Enforcers, Military, Mercenaries, and odd local personalities (wannabees) made up fighters. I placed a basic idea of description and voice/sounds also(though I miss this it was cut for ipod 8gb model cant handle the size it stuttered and crashed a lot) to get a feel with some of characters. Also introduced a few new weapons and abilities.
Here some ideas floating around more about brain storming while typed the lot over a period of time so could be a bit geeky detailed …so be cool to see if some ever do get introduced.
If RAD are going to introduce character types I hope “cloning” will stop-AKA doubling up a character.

THE PUNK
“Sid Viscious/Johhny Rotten/ Vivian” (sex Pistols/Young ones influence ;p)
London without street punks will be a colourful addition to growing list of personalities.
Description:
Has a nice spikey pink/blue/red/yellow/green (could change in outfits) mohawk. Big mean looking head, stubble, Beady little eyes, nose ring and (small) ears studs. Lankey long tattooed arms with studded bracelets, one spikey fingerless glove. slightly skinny body with a leather vest with studs and spikes, Anarchy Symbol painted on back or skull (outfits could have other types). dirty, holed Tee shirt colour depends on outfit-could have band name or icon on. Stunted legs in black ripped jeans and large 18holed Doc Marten boots with steel caps and studded soles.
Voice be intersting to see and plenty of grumblings, chain rattles and boot stomps.
Type: Light Commando (Wannabee)
Squad Points:4/5?
Weapon:
“Whirling Cruncher”
A chain with a heavy spikey object like a morning star but no handle.
Knock Back: 0/1
Damage: 38pts

Abilities:
“Boot Stomp!” (1 or unlimited) [energy cost: 5]
When standing close to enemy instead of using prime weapon, the Toon attacks by knocking opposition down and stomping him a number of times for 50pts of damage “Ugh ugh ugh hehheh”
“Punk Rage!” (1) [energy cost: 6]
It last one turn where the toon gets into a frenzy and runs crazily too or away from enemy, movement is doubled per square. If he goes in combat he has fist flying and does 20pts at energy 2. All return fire does damage after the energy is spent. So if toon is low on health and attacks but due to return fire would of been killed if done a normal attack it may continue till energy spent then collapse dead of wounds afterwards. “screams” while attacking and running

THE AUXILLARY
“AMMO BOY” “MULE”
this be an interesting twist where other team toons can get extra ammo like grenades or rockets to carry on fight.
Description:
Very young boy like figure, Clean shaven, wide staring eyes (mule like) perky up turned nose and freckles with Army style gear, but clutted in a way with large pockets and assorted gear carries ammo box in one hand muscular but slender tiny feet. Backpack has (M72 LAW on top if used) water bottle, camping gear etc. Goofy looking when moving and makes a lot of clinking clanking rattling sounds. Voice high boyish tone, slightly stuttery.
Type: Light Support Commando (Military)
Squad Points:4/(5 if pocket rocket used)
Weapon:
Cockler SMG
Abilities:
“Refill” (2-3) [energy cost: 3]
He may give one grenade type to another team member only when they have finished using designated. These are for the one off type abilities like Toxic/flamer/concuss/boomtube rocket/grenade. not archies exploding quarrels
“Supportive fire”
Same rules
OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL IDEAS:
“Pocket Rocktuber” (1) [energy cost: 6]
Similar to the boom tube but less damage and splash. use of M72 LAW for visual?
or
“return Fire”
Auto response to enemy attack on toon but half damage.

THE ASSASSIN
“THE PHANTOM”
Description:
Slender not too tall has both slashers on his back crossed. long eagle nose dark black sunken shifty eyes, Moustache like the musketeers with heavy gaping chin (just think of Guy Fawkes mask for inspiration crossed with Dishonest John) and evil grin. Broad spy vs spy type hat and cape.
Moves like a cat gracefully, Flamboyant in drawing swords as he gets into combat. Be interesting to see what type of voices it has

Type: Medium Agent/spy (Merc)
Weapon:
“Dual Slashers”
Curved sabre blades dual attack.

Abilities:
“Shadow!” (1) [energy cost: 5]
Two turns length unless sighted by enemy counter abilities. Like ghost but is a shadow if on maps in the day…but maps at night
“Blow Pipe!” (2-3) [energy cost: 4]
Shoots a poison dart four squares with similar effects as Kates toxic grenade in damage and two turns of side effects, no splash.

THE SCOUT
Scott “HAWKEYE” Pointer
Description:
Well proportioned, slightly chiseled features, rolled up sleeves, Not much gear on back, Eyes large and always looking around and wandering. Dosnt sprint but more casual in movement. Country style of talking voice. Wears woodland camo surrounding edge cap hat.

Type: Medium Commando (Military)
Weapon:
Hooh Har or
“Sattie Carbine”
Carbine version of a SA80 (L22A2 Carbine)
Optimum Range: 3-4
Damage: 30pts

Abilities:
“Eagle Eye!” (1-2 or unlimited) [energy cost: 3-4]
Has a range of 5 and will spot all hidden objects or enemy toons
“Walkie Talkie” (1) [energy cost: 6-8]
Calling in either one or maybe random strike on a designated target. this could also be ideas for command for future levels or use similar ones to command.
Drone Strike
A Drone flies low over building and strafes one square wide three square deep 60pts of damage
Cluster bomb strike
You hear a jet coming in and all you see is a shadow along ground of a fighter (if daylight) and splash damage on 2x4 area of 90pts with no knockback.
Napalm Strike
similar to Cluster bomb but has same effects as Juans Flamer over a three by five area 90pt
Morter Barrage
Like the command version but three hits randomly done in 3x3 of target causing 25pts splash damage
Carpet Bomb
Probably the most leathalist and has knockback and 3x5 splash area

THE PATHFINDER
Patty “THE OWL” Reed
Description:
She is short pretty redhead, bobbed with green beret, Large myterious eyes, a few freckles turn up little nose. Has a parachute pack and Beakon strapped to it. Wears camoflage gear slightly baggy but with tight belts to show hew average build with short legs and feet
Type: Light Commando (Military)
Weapon:
Woozy SMG
Abilities:
“Parachute!” (1) [energy cost: 6]
At the beginning of the game before squad setup, player will get a choice to use this ability to land randomly in the zone square around rocket. Otherwise treated as normal.
“Beakon” (1) [energy cost: 4-6]
sets up a beakon which will call in something similar to command/or see above Walkie Talkie. It either come in at end of turn like parachuted crates or hit enemy in 3x3 area at there end of move triggured off by enemy moving in area-this includes ghosting type toons. All hidden will appear after damage.

THE TOASTER
Byran “Scorcher” Burns
Description:
A Broad shoulded small headed stocky old timer veteren Wearing a welder mask with helmet and heavy padded thermal protected armour two Cylanders on his back. Sloshing sounds and that roar you hear every time from the flamer. Waddles slowly.
Type: Heavy Commando Support (Merc/Military)
Energy:18
Weapon:
Otto semi auto
Abilities:
“Flamethrower” (3) [energy cost: 6]
Shoots burning oil 3 squares away, 1x3 splash area doing damage for two turns -similar to Juan but maybe more brutal in damage.
When he dies he explodes into flames (cause damage? on those around depending on how many goes he has left in the tank so becareful to move to close to enemy on full tank)
“Flash Bomb” (1) [energy cost: 4]
Treat like concuss grenade - Intense flare light that blinds all in range (so be careful it can affect team members as well) and reduces energy for one turn to half no damage to health. It will also bring all ghosters out of hiding, will not affect hidden mines etc.

SWAT
Brad “Striker” James
If ever maps begin to go inside famous buildings this will be a nice edition
Description:
Dresed in law enforcemnt uniform SWAT on the back googles and black balaklava with helmet. When he is ordered to move “go go go!”
Weapon:
Cockler MT5
Abilities:
“Counterstrike”
This is similar to supportive but dosnt need energy saved to return fire it hits back like it fired full damage. Any saved energy will fire another round on same attacker if attacked twice. Counterstrike is only used once like remote sensor rocket launcher/minigun. any attack from another enemy wont count bonus strike only saved energy point if first attacker didnt shoot twice/
“Flash Bang” (1) [energy cost: 6]
This is a concussion/Flash grenade and will make all those affected lose a turn to fight back. Reduces energy to o and does some minor health damage.

SHEILDER
Logan “Blocker” Ryan
Description:
Dressed in law enforcemnt uniform, Muscular popye type arms and has a slight crouch look. When he walks he ducks behind the shield and only pops up to shoot. Has gas mask.
Weapon:
Cold Audomatic (only one handed weapons other is holding shield)
Abilities:
“Shield”
This Dosnt get destroyed like the remote. It is a shoulder length metal shield with reinforced glass viewer (not the clear plastic type riot shields) It will treat all attacks as though it is under best cover in maps. It will not be knocked back from any type of weapon and deflects damage from the toon FRONT ONLY. All side and rear are treated as normal so vunerable-so it is really important to know what direction you want toon to be. This is close to having two seperate weapons.
“Stun Baton” (3) [energy cost: 5]
Toon holsters primary weapon and draws out electric baton “TszzzzDONK!”
This will be nice for close in attacks and change over weapon type. Basically it deals out health damage and minus a quarter percentage of enemies energy points

DESPERSER
Sean “TAMER” O’Leary
Description:
Dressed in law enforcemnt uniform, Police hat.
Type: light Commando (lawman)
Weapon:
Cold Audomatic
Abilities:
“Smoke Canister” (1) [energy cost: 4]
Thrown same range as a grenade It masks all those inside the cloud and no one can fire from inside or into cloud 3x3 to 5x5 depending on balance. No one can see on other side of smoke and vice versa. Last two turns.
“Tear Gas” (1) [energy cost: 4]
Similar to concussion grenade but all shooting attacks or abilities cannot be taken. till healed or when the 2 turns are up. They are free to move. Health or energy are not affected. Like my idea before all, gasmasked toons should be immune.

ROCKETMAN
Jimminy “jumper” Higgens
Inspired by boba Fett something similar be very interesting in manuevering map terrain.
Description:
Small built stocky guy with helmet/visor just see his eyes. Wheres slight armoured type suit and a large jetpack with warhead on top, has knee and shin protection on his puny legs.
Type: Medium/Heavy Commando (Merc)
Energy:16
Weapon:
“Dual Woozy SMG”

Damage: 36pts
Cost to use: 5

Abilities:
“Jetpack” (3) [energy cost: 5]
This only will allow toon to jump walls/barriers/fences that are on borders of squares. Not the fountain, high walls and buildings that block view and firing. When he jumps he can hover up in air to have better firing on all those barriers that he can he jump- extending ranges so improving damage and hiting target under cover. As soon as his turn is over or he moves a square may it be to jump a barrier or not, he will land back on ground. I thought this may be more balanced than letting it fly at 1-2 energy per square. Im sure others will have ideas. Getting killed he shoots into air and moves a number of squares depending on tank full and explodes or blows up on spot with splash damage.
“Rocketlauncher” (1) [energy cost: 8]
Very much like the Boom tube on spud. bends over to fire in direction but slightly less accurate?
Be nice to have rockets and grenades help destroy some barriers or map terrain…I wouldnt tell players if implemented, let them discover what can be blown it will freak out everyone :stuck_out_tongue:

IRONMAN
Ned "Golaith"Ferram
A modern day version of Ned Kelly
Description:
Tall Heavly built guy completly covered in a homemade style armoured sui riveted slightly pocked mark with bullets and scratches and rust. He walks very stiffly like the mummy off old movies but dosnt moan but pants
Type: Heavy Commando (Merc Wannabee)
Energy: 20
Weapon:
Two types what ever weapons decided (one handed only)
Abilities:
"Armour "
Armour protects from all weapons reducing Damage by half. All knock back weapons make toon prone to falling and staying on ground. It takes 1 energy point to stand up after knockbacks. Knocking back toon ranged will count as cover if hit again. In melee range (1 square) no armour protection, damage is normal.
“Swap Weapon” (unlimited) [energy cost: 1]
Toon has a choice of two different type of weapons as long at it is single handed eg Knarly Knife and Cold Audomatic (default?) Clicking on swap only can be done once per turn.

BOOMER
Morgan “Boomer” Taylor
Interesting to have a type of toon that dosnt go into the combat but hangs in a place to support.
Description:
A muscle bound broad shoulded black guy with skinhead, doe eyes, flat nose and cheesy grin Strapped to back is morter and on each side Satchels for the morter bombs. Has bandola of 40mm grenades.
Type: Heavy Support Engineer (Military/Merc)
Squad Points:6-7?
Weapon:
" Splurge gun RGL"
Based on the on the M32 MGL
Range: 8
Optimum Range: 3-7
Damage: 40pts splash

Abilities:
“Portable Morter” (3) [energy cost: 8]
May fire at any target three squares away. All target in line of sight are hit, but with morter you can shoot over areas of cover that blocks view (maybe different icon than balls eye). It wil be random shot that will hit either targeted or one of the squares around. Splash Damage and Knock back of one Damage 25-65?
“Tool Kit” (unlimited) [energy cost: 3]
Same like all the engineers

NINJA
Izumi “Creeping Death” Miho
This my is my version of suggested from others (if RAD does Tokoyo maps Im sure this will turn up, Ninja that is.)
It could be a class type and each ninja has different traits of Abilities or weapons.
Description:
She is very thin and cat like in agility covered in black Has her Kusarigama on her back and crossbelt for shooting stars .
Type: Light Commando Ninja (Military/Merc)
Move penalty: 1 per two squares
Weapon:
" Shooting Stars"
Based on the on the Shuriken
Range: 4
Damage: 10pts
Cost to use: 3

Abilities:
“Creep” (3) [energy cost: 8]
Ghost is pretty much done to death so other forms be good to expand. Ninja goes in a smooth slow stalking mode treating each square 1 energy per move, but toon is hidden if in any cover is given in that square, so when enemy watch oppositions move it will have some glimpses if ninja in open otherwise invisible for two turns unless all counter abilities spot the ninja.
“Kusarigama” (unlimited or 3-4) [energy cost: 8]
This is an interesting weapon and unique way to deal with enemy. When Ninja is 2 squares away he uses this weapon by swirling above head throwing the chain with weight to wrap around target imobilising it. Here we can either pull victim in towards the ninja and then it attacks with the scythe or Ninja gets a free move in close to do same thing. Damage 70 and target will forfiet return fire if they have any energy.

ENFORCER
Randy"Thug" Bosilitz
I was watching a ice hockey movie the other day this idea popped up and so did the image of Jason :stuck_out_tongue:
Description:
Totally covered in Ice hocky Goalkeeper gear with roller blades. the rollerblades make toon move normally otherwise be lumbering around with all the padding with studs and spikes. moves around like it was skating
Type: Medium Commando (Merc/Wannabee)
Weapon:
“Lumberstick”
Based on the Ice hockey goalie stick but made with titanium and a sharpened blade
Knock Back: 1

Abilities:
“Puck Chuck” (3) [energy cost: 5]
This could be actual puck or cans, stones etc on map terrain it could show toon dropping it down and whacking it to target. It causes 10 pt damage and reduces 5 energy points on enemy next round. If Target has stored some energy for return fire it is automatically lost as well as with change in next turn–birdies flying around head? Range is three squares.
Brawl (unlimited) [energy cost: 4]
When Toon is in melee range he can holster Lumberstick and grab target in a away he cannot fire weapon or handle melee weapons. And then goes and pummels the target with fist and head butts causing 25pt damage Can be used more than once in a turn.

SUBURBAN WARRIOR
Donald “Barbarian” Smythe
This is a silly fun one, pretty much a lounge warrior wannabee, but really wanted to introduce the cricket bat to the weapons list-sean of the dead :stuck_out_tongue:
Description:
Make shift outfit of pots, sport gear etc. The toon is a slob and carries a six pack hanging from his belt, Stomach, burps every time ordered to move and waddles puffing.
Energy:10
Squad Points:4
Weapon:
"Cracker Bat
Based on the cricket bat
Damage: 45pts

Abilities:
“Cuttlery throw” (3) [energy cost: 3]
grabbed all the knives from the kitchen, or odd sizes and occasional fork spoon Random Damage of 10-30. Opposition dosnt return fire spending time ducking and dodging. Range upto 4 squares
Nail Bomb (1) [energy cost: 4]
A bomb made out of household cleaning products/fertilizer with lots of nails in a can and fuse. range same as Grenade but random damage may occur. ranging from 25pt to 90pts splash damage. Over fourty damage will have knockback. If maps boards show rain chances of fuse not working.

THE CHIPPY
Bob “Hammer” Naylor
This be interesting one to block up maps but needs more work on depending on how it be used with map. It would work better if areas of maps can be destroyed eg Barriers
Description:
Wears sunglasses, builders hat, singlet, . Muscular hairy with Tattoos Large hands and head. Has a huge belt kit with assorted tools. Wears shorts and has tiny legs with builder boots and socks
Squad Points:5/6
Weapon:
Use of a big Salad hammer
“Nail gun”

Damage: 28pts

Abilities:
“Barrier” (1-3) [energy cost: 8-4]
Depending on type if map can have areas destroyed, This would be a permanant blocking and only can be taken down by the chippy dismantle and will only have one. If it is treated like the mobile shield and the concrete block then chippy will have three. It be a mix of bob wire and wooden posts etc.
“Dismantle” (1) [energy cost: 6]
It can dismantle barrier if permanant if map lets use of barriers or walls this would be better
Other wise use of “nailgun” instead

(Beasttekkers) #57

It would be pretty cool if you could get a mutant type squid thing that could be an engineer so could use a shotgun or melee weapon and could an enemy towards them and then fire at closer range a bit like gus’s water cannon just in reaverse
:stroggbanana::stroggbanana::stroggbanana:

(KINONEZ21) #58

My own Soldier
Name: Fire Fred
“The Fox”
HP: 250
Total Energy: 14
Initial Weapon: Flamethrower
Squad Points: 6
Range: 5 Squares
Optimum Range: 4-5 Squares
Damage: 45
Cost to use: 4 energy
Available to: Soldiers

First Ability: Support Fire
Second Ability: Burn (cost to use 6, only once per turn, twice per match) -must be next to target (as a melee weapon) does 50 points of damage on impact, then a further 10 points for 3 turns.

Description: Fred is a Medium Commando who can either use support fire to protect his teammates or give an enemy a third degree burn untreatable by medics.
A war veteran, a member of his family has fought in every single war throughout history, he is not the exception! Armed with his homemade Flame Thrower he is an enemy who must be feared!

Flamethrower: purchasable for 25,000 or 22 Rad bucks

(Beasttekkers) #59

Have you heard of the Xbox or ps3 game rage well if you have pretty much every character design is awesome and some of the mutants have some special abilities because of there cards in the card game wich is in the game

(TheParasite) #60

I havent read the others yet, just so i don’t get influenced, but this has probably been mentioned before anyway. I was thinking maybe a commando-class soldier, medium, that is dressed up in riot gear (similar but not the same as Dee). His name could be Bill Blocker, or something like that. Nickname is Movable Cover, or preferably something less lame. His ability is that he can pull a riot shield off his back and he is in red cover (maybe yellow) for 4 turns. Any more and its too powerful, any less and its useless. If he is in red cover it becomes yellow, and maybe if in yellow it becomes green? might be too powerful. I think the commandos need a more defensive unit, other than suds, and maybe Ivan. To make his shield more useful to the team, maybe it can block allies from being hit from that direction, but to balance that, teammates can’t shoot through it either, so its like a shield’o’bot. I know that, yes, he is just another medium commando, one of many, but he is defensive, has a teamwork-centered ability, and encourages take-and-hold play. Also, on the note of new content, i thought maybe i could put my ideas for new weapons aswell. I thought maybe a marksman rifle for the commandos that is 5 SP, costs 5 AP to fire, has 7 range and deals 40 damage at that range, dropping to 32, then 24, then 20, then 16, then 10 and finally 8. This weapon could look like a ARX160 or another assault rifle that looks like it is powerful at longer ranges. It fires rounds that make up the damage, like the hooh-ah fires 3. This encourages more commando use, as they have no redeeming features. It also adds some range to them,as i feel they should have a more varied use on the field (long range, mid range and close range, but not filling each role as effectively as the specified classes for them) as they are, as the name suggests, commandos. Also, i was thinking another SMG, but this one is different. Instead of being held and looking like a sidearm, this one looks like a main weapon, so it uses the animation that Gus uses when he fires the hoo-ah in that challenge where he has one. It looks like a bizon submachine gun, but made cartoon-y and cute. It has 5 range, is 5 SP, uses 4 AP, does 44 damage at 1 range, then 32, then 28, then 22, then 14. It is available only to medics and commandos. I feel like the medics need their own signature weapon, and why not let it be one of the thing they use alot anyway, an SMG? It gives them a primary-style weapon, some decent-ish ranged damage and they will fit in with the rest of your heaviky-armed squad. And, i feel like if the commandos are supposed to be proficient with different weapon types, why not have a close range weapon aswell? Then they will be used more, and that will reduce (hopefully) the amount of snipers out there. Anyway, now im done. This was my first post, im tired and hungry, so i have probably forgotten something, but whatever.
Happy gaming! :slight_smile: