Community Question: Your Favourite Splash Damage Map

(Susefreak) #21

Salvage:
The combination of high vs low grounds and open vs cramped gameplay made it really intense. Especially when the battle moved inside.

(shagileo) #22

When I saw the poll, I was immediately looking for Tram Siege

One of the best maps in my opinion. Great detail, great atmosphere and endless loads of ‘hopping aboard the tram’ fun !
It was always scary to see the tram approaching, not knowing if an enemy was sitting in there or not (in multi player version).

Aaaah - thinking if it reminds me of the good times I had. It was also the first map I played on RTCW MP
All of the RTCW / ET maps are in my preferred list, the Brink maps are nice, but are no match in any way to the RTCW genre

(ShaD) #23

Gold Rush or radar…

(iwound) #24

castle attack.

(murka) #25

Hard to say and especially compare maps between different games so i’m kinda torn between radar/goldrush for w:et and serwer/salvage for etqw.

(Humate) #26

ETQW (6v6 restrictions) - Sewer, Salvage, Volcano, Area22
ETQW (pub) - Quarry, Refinary, Island
W:ET - Radar, GoldRush

(deems) #27

So hard to choose just one!

Fuel Dump and Siwa Oasis have to get some credit for evoking the silent scream of “AHHH!! I’m behind enemy lines!”.

Gold rush as well – fantastic.

Also, so many good maps in ETQW. Sewer was excellent all the way through…and somehow Area 22 is the map I think about the most since quasi-retiring in ETQW.

(Raga) #28

ETQW: Island - Area 22
W:ET: Oasis
Brink: Labs

(Om3ga) #29

W: ET, Gold Rush.
ET: QW, Island.
Brink, Security Tower.

(Indloon) #30

I like Battery!
Its the awacome map!
Lot people underrate the Battery map.

!!

(Nosferatu) #31

I don’t really have a favorite map, I like most of them. Anyway, the last time I played W:ET or ET:QW is just too long ago to remember much.
I like variation, even when my favorite map gets played too much it gets boring. I do remember some maps I really didn’t like, because of too many snipe enabling spots or way too small spaces for large servers.

That said there is something I would like to contribute:
I would like to see more community maps in all shooter games especially for consoles. I don’t suggest developers add map editors for the consoles, but make more SDK available for games.
Then select the best maps and release them for all platform officially. It’s probably even more interesting if you create some sort of contest for it. Of course they should be analysed, modified and improved before conversion.

I don’t know if it would be possible, but maybe Microsoft can modify the XNA service so that people can create maps for their favorite game with the SDK on PC for that game and then convert it to a file the game would be able to read it.

(wolfnemesis75) #32

My vote went to Container City. It could have easily gone to Security Tower as well. Great maps.

(murka) #33

Now please explain how they are better than radar/goldrush/sewer/salvage or even better, how on earth are they better than any other brink map because those 2 must be the worst ones i can think of now.

(wolfnemesis75) #34

(DrFunkenstein) #35

Marketgarden!

Great map and epic battles with 64 players on the server. Both sides had to complete an objective in order to win the map, there was a capturable spawn in the middle and battles could last for hours. Sniff, I miss those kind of maps and I’m not the only one.

Haven’t played ET so I won’t comment on those maps, but Salvage is my favourite map in Quake Wars, hands down.

Dr. Funkenstein

(tokamak) #36

[QUOTE=Genert;378075]I like Battery!
Its the awacome map!
Lot people underrate the Battery map.[/QUOTE]

Oh I don’t but I can’t put them all on number 1. Battery is just downright insanity and a completely unique experience because the defenders advantage is so enormous.

(Verticae) #37

W:ET: Oasis for its mad fighting around the Old City spawn, Gold Rush for its brilliantly dynamic flow.
ET:QW: Salvage for the crazy tactics, Sewer for the epic combination of indoor/outdoor and vehicles.
Brink: Some maps look pretty.

(Apples) #38

Siwa oasis to me, closely followed by 1: Salvage / 2: Sewer / 3: Island

(Ruben0s) #39

ET PUB: Goldrush
6o6 ET: Radar
ETQW: Sewer
Brink: none

(Jimmy James) #40

Railgun from W:ET is the best map ever EVER!

However, I enjoy all the ET:QW maps equally but I didn’t vote for any of them. (Seemed like it would be a bit spammy to vote for them all.)

-JJ