Brink Statistics Site Online Now

(Terminator514) #121

The security shall win! …Eventually.

(wolfnemesis75) #122

One of these weeks we should try to get everyone from here to just play Security, ya know.

(AndRec) #123

please help, support don’t answer me…
how can i reset my vip code or take new one?.. i cant login in the pc stats page, my coount is pc.brinkthegame.com/andrec , if i try to reset password say that my mail is wrong… so what i have to do ?

(AndRec) #124

ps… i havent online stats in the menu… maybe because i am already registered?.. so what can i do? i cant still loggin in

(dazman76) #125

When did you send the first email to support? I’m pretty sure Bethesda support are all in the US, and if they’re West Coast they’ll only just be starting work. Keep at it - hopefully you’ll get a response soon :slight_smile:

(AndRec) #126

One tiime they reply that i dont say the information exactly… ( sounds like auto reaponse) other time they say me to contact steam ( ? ) they clearly dont understand… After no answer to other mail… So… Wait… Thank you…

(KAS--Will) #127

Are the stats permanently down or just for the time being?

(zenstar) #128

Perma down afaik. Not enough players to justify the cost of keeping the servers for it / maintaining it.

(Breo) #129

It off for a while: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1196830-stats-site-faq/page__view__findpost__p__20463386

(Stiofan79) #130

"The Brink stats site is no longer active. Thanks to everyone that participated. "

So, that’s it? I just bought the game and was hoping to be able to see my stats online. Seems like there won’t be a sequel then. Wonder if they will still support the game? Or just leave it to die (like Atari are doing to TDU2)…

Shame when things like this happen.

(.Chris.) #131

You should have maybe done some research before buying the game, it fizzled out over a year ago, there’s still a few folk playing though.

(zenstar) #132

Those choices are up to Bethesda who own the IP (SD just develop). Brink sold decently, but didn’t do well enough to warrant continued support. Bethesda isn’t paying for any more development which means it’s extremely unlikely that Brink will get any more dlc or whatnot. Even if SD do some free work it’s fairly expensive to get something through the certification processes.

As for a sequel: unlikely. Bethesda own the IP and I see them backing Rage more than Brink. And I think SD have moved on to other things so they’d need to bring in a new developer. Also: Brink carries a bit of a stigma with it. It’d be better to do a “spiritual successor” under a new IP than do a Brink 2.

But yeah: as .Chris. says, all this info has been out there for a while now. Sorry, but you should be able to get your money’s worth with some small cult groups of fans.

(.FROST.) #133

Concerning this “spiritual thing”; I thought something like that too. Like Bohemia Interactive did with Operation Flashpoint. They didn’t called the successor to it Operation Flashpoint 2 or whatever, but everybody in his right mind would definitelly call ArmA the real successor to OF instead of the Codemasters version, wich I haven’t even bothered to play.

It could get a little difficult though with all the names and the very distinctive environments from Brink. But maybe there is another Ark(wich, of course, goes by a different name) out there; kind of a secret Ark, or a really huge container island, way bigger than Container City. Wich would feature gang-wars between different refugee factions and maybe there would also be some kind of upper-class refugees oppressing the newly arrived ones(maybe from the old Ark wich sunk or got totally destroyed/contaminated with radiation, or just abandoned for the lack of resources).

Possibilties are endless.

(zenstar) #134

Well Brink is the “spiritual successor” to the ET games. Wolf and Quake Wars had very different settings (WW2 and an alien invasion) but were all linked via gameplay. I don’t see the arks returning and the art direction would probably be different, but SD could easily create another ET and have a lot of people recognise it and give it a go. It may not be Brink or in the Brink universe, but it would play similarly (although hopefully with some feedback incorporated).

(Armitag3) #135

I really love Brink but it is the small small things like these that really tick me off. Its been over a year now and still no PC support. T_T

(TruGamer97) #136

[QUOTE=Armitag3;403449]I really love Brink but it is the small small things like these that really tick me off. Its been over a year now and still no PC support. T_T[/QUOTE] Thats because hardly anyone plays Brink especially on PC as opposed to console.

(wolfnemesis75) #137

Still see people playing on console. Not sure about PC. Xbox has Brink gamers and I know PSN does too.

(zenstar) #138

Didn’t they turn off the online stats?

(RT1) #139

Up to recently, the server list on PC scrolled.

(zenstar) #140

Yeah, but they scrolled with 0/8 or 0/16.