Brink Hardcore

(wolfnemesis75) #121

[QUOTE=digitalzero;355189]

Let me know if this works for you.[/QUOTE]

that’s awesome… gettin out the ruler!

(Solarcrest) #122

|signed| although i only have less then 60 hours played and i had it since day 1 lol

(wolfnemesis75) #123

Think Quality over Quantity on this one, my friend. Welcome to da club. :slight_smile:

(iezza) #124

How do you do that? sorry i iz noob.

(thesuzukimethod) #125

is that like an eyepet?

but seriously, i see this thread (club) as less a critique of people who are disappointed with the game, and more a (tongue in cheek given the rep that console players have as uber-casual) aggregation of some folks that while we recognize the limitations and problems with the game, are having a blast playing it. like last night. great matches ps3-folks!

and as an added bonus, we can take y’alls place when the next IP (or brink 2) comes out, and we’re all disappointed it’s not Brink 1b, and we can **** all over the new games new fans for not understanding how much more brilliant it could have been and how they’re dumb for liking it. :wink:

To the majority of pc guys who have expressed disappointment given what you saw as the promise of this game after your excellent experiences with ETQW/etc, I’m not talking to you - it’s the 5% who attack people who are enjoying the game that drive me to drink (more)

(digitalzero) #126

[QUOTE=thesuzukimethod;355212]is that like an eyepet?

but seriously, i see this thread (club) as less a critique of people who are disappointed with the game, and more a (tongue in cheek given the rep that console players have as uber-casual) aggregation of some folks that while we recognize the limitations and problems with the game, are having a blast playing it. like last night. great matches ps3-folks!

and as an added bonus, we can take y’alls place when the next IP (or brink 2) comes out, and we’re all disappointed it’s not Brink 1b, and we can **** all over the new games new fans for not understanding how much more brilliant it could have been and how they’re dumb for liking it. :wink:

To the majority of pc guys who have expressed disappointment given what you saw as the promise of this game after your excellent experiences with ETQW/etc, I’m not talking to you - it’s the 5% who attack people who are enjoying the game that drive me to drink (more)[/QUOTE]

Totally agree! Now to fix your sig…

With only 32 HRS played, this is exactly my feeling. 32 HRS of pure Brink fun with my PS3 friends.

I am here for fun while playing a video game. I understand all the problems stated and hope they get better for everyone. Time will tell. I am thankful for the PS3 group as I could see myself not playing or wanting to play as much. They are truly a fun group.

Brink works for my needs and I enjoy it and the people I play with. :cool:

(kronus126) #127

[QUOTE=digitalzero;355189]

Let me know if this works for you.[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir!

(AmishWarMachine) #128

/signed

http://ps3.brinkthegame.com/amishwarmachine

Don’t let my meager 24 hours of played time fool you, if I didn’t have a wife and 4 kids, I might have Oschino-ian playtime numbers!

(thesuzukimethod) #129

would dig an improvement. i did my best with what i remembered of PS…but what design skills i do possess reside elsewhere…lol

(R_Shackelford) #130

Considering that there are literally billions of PCs, vs tens of millions of consoles, I’d wager that percentage is significantly lower than for console buyers.

I’m still failing to see where any of this makes PC players more entitled to complaining or special treatment than console players.

I don’t have any problem with PC players. I have a problem with PC elitists. Both platforms have their advantages and disadvantages, and choosing one over the other in and of itself doesn’t make one any more of a “hardcore gamer.” We could compare bugs and patches and how many gigahertz are coursing through our e-peens until the sun comes up, but we’re all just trying to enjoy the game for which we paid. And while it may have its issues, I’ve read enough from all corners to see that those who want to enjoy the game can enjoy the game (except maybe a few unfortunate ATI users), and those that want to b!tch about the game are going to b!tch about the game.

(Oschino1907) #131

Not Sure If Serious? (funny picture of someone/something looking slightly confused)

But to everyone who doesnt know how to do it…

1. Go to “Community” then “My Profile & Settings”

2. Go to “My Signature” and add the banner URL or save it and Upload it to the picture section of it or…

3. Go to “Edit Your Details” and under Optional Info add “Brink Hardcore Club” to the “Custom User Title”

(digitalzero) #132

Hope this works for you. No need to put my name on it. :cool:

(R_Shackelford) #133

When only partially valid points are used to support a particular attitude that is disparaging to others, I will address each as I see fit, and the posts I was responding to contained a lot more attitude than substance.

I’m not claiming that there weren’t any console-influenced design decisions. However, SDK notwithstanding, I don’t see where any of these are game breaking. Also, some of these issues are tied more to a console’s hardware limitations (namely, number of buttons). It’s not like it was console players that designed the controllers. I agree that PC players should have more versatility in their action key bindings, but my problem is still with the attitude that says “Screw you n00by casual console kiddies! You ruined my game!” and it is that to which I’m responding. We didn’t write the code. People can b!tch all they want about the influence of the console market on PC games, but apparently Bethesda/SD wasn’t satisfied with the return they were getting (or would potentially get) on their PC-only games, and decided to reach out to consoles. Maybe the PC folks should complain to their fellow players for not giving SD enough support to keep them satisfied with their own platform.

I’m sorry, you’re right… ten year olds never have access to PCs. :rolleyes:

You’re on the right track, though. Your points about “console-ised” functions on the PC are valid (though hardly game-breaking). But keep in mind that it was SD’s choices to “console-ise” the PC version of Brink. Differentiate between the developer and the players. Differentiate between the hardware and the players. Stop deflecting responsibility onto people that just want to enjoy games without having to sit in an office chair two feet from their screen and upgrade their machine every two years. Console players didn’t make your game.

Oh, and you were so close. Actual reasoned discussion, and then you had to go there. Crank down your r_smarmyelitist to below 50, and maybe you’ll understand that it was the attitude that was predominate, so that’s what got my response.

(Oschino1907) #134

LOL all those Triple X’s above my sig took forever to get right… This is beginning to spread like wildfire!!!

Oh and thanks Digital!!!

(Oschino1907) #135

[QUOTE=R_Shackelford;355259]When only partially valid points are used to support a particular attitude that is disparaging to others, I will address each as I see fit, and the posts I was responding to contained a lot more attitude than substance.

I’m not claiming that there weren’t any console-influenced design decisions. However, SDK notwithstanding, I don’t see where any of these are game breaking. Also, some of these issues are tied more to a console’s hardware limitations (namely, number of buttons). It’s not like it was console players that designed the controllers. I agree that PC players should have more versatility in their action key bindings, but my problem is still with the attitude that says “Screw you n00by casual console kiddies! You ruined my game!” and it is that to which I’m responding. We didn’t write the code. People can b!tch all they want about the influence of the console market on PC games, but apparently Bethesda/SD wasn’t satisfied with the return they were getting (or would potentially get) on their PC-only games, and decided to reach out to consoles. Maybe the PC folks should complain to their fellow players for not giving SD enough support to keep them satisfied with their own platform.

I’m sorry, you’re right… ten year olds never have access to PCs. :rolleyes:

You’re on the right track, though. Your points about “console-ised” functions on the PC are valid (though hardly game-breaking). But keep in mind that it was SD’s choices to “console-ise” Brink. Differentiate between the developer and the players. Differentiate between the hardware and the players. Stop deflecting responsibility onto people that just want to enjoy games without having to sit in an office chair two feet from their screen and upgrade their machine every two years. Console players didn’t make your game.

Oh, and you were so close. Actual reasoned discussion, and then you had to go there. Crank down your r_smarmyelitist to below 50, and maybe you’ll understand that it was the attitude that was predominate, so that’s what got my response.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Owned… Meltdown Imminent!!! :stroggbanana:

(digitalzero) #136

:cool:

(wolfnemesis75) #137

Ha ha ha. The Hardcore Sigs are growing in number and looking EPIC. Or… HARDCORE!

(its al bout security) #138

wow even dauk says this is a troll thread?

wrong this is one of the4 few threads where for the people that SHOULD BE one this here forum the brink, MFING sections of the forums should be nice lofty conversation not just BLAH WAAAH I WANT MY MONEY BACK NO SDK BS it gets really friking old when you like something that all the dweebs have to deny

(Spendlove) #139

I want one now! Unfortunatly, to save download time on the iPhone when I am out and about, I have sigs disabled :frowning:

Security! FTW!

(digitalzero) #140

[QUOTE=Oschino1907;355261]
Oh and thanks Digital but I dont think you made my gamer tag any bigger? I was pretty out of it when I wrote you so I might not have been clear, lol last night was kinda of a blur after a while and I feel asleep with my system and Brink still on but in the Menus.

If you dont remember or I didnt tell you I just wanted it slightly bigger so the border around the edges is the same but so that the name itself is bigger, example: so the “0” in 1907 is the same distance from the head below it as it is from the border above it. Sorry for being nit picky but can be OCD at times about things.[/QUOTE]

Now I’m lost. I did make it bigger. The height and width of the font is fixed. How is this my OCD friend? :tongue: