Brink Hardcore

(razzzty) #101

[QUOTE=peteXnasty;354950]I don’t think you understand his point

The PC crowd is the one that has been with SD all these years yet has gotten nothing with this bone…and the console crowd, the newcomers, are taking up the banner like this is some new magical thing they and only they have discovered, while the cmunity that helped build SD’s rep is ignored and as a result…gone.[/QUOTE]

I think console gamers fully understand where sd originates from. and as much as we ask for a patch the pc has had 2-3 hot fixes and patches already? sd is mos def not ignoring the pc crowd where as they catered to you first. the console crowd is also backing brink ( well some of us.) . I wish brink had cross plat play like shadowrun did. come to think of it brink reminds me of shadow run in so many ways lol. sorry a.d.d moment

(peteXnasty) #102

You people? I own a ps3 dog

(kronus126) #103

What do you mean ‘you people’!..

Sorry couldn’t resist :slight_smile:

(Oz70NYC) #104

Signing on. I’ll defend the Ark until they blow the damn thing up. :stuck_out_tongue:

(R_Shackelford) #105

The PC crowd is the one that has been with SD all these years yet has gotten nothing with this bone…and the console crowd, the newcomers, are taking up the banner like this is some new magical thing they and only they have discovered, while the cmunity that helped build SD’s rep is ignored and as a result…gone.[/QUOTE]

I don’t care about his point. I understand his (and others of the same) attitude, and it’s crap.

And as has been stated, PC did already get the patch for which the consoles are still waiting.

BTW, I supported SD games on PC prior to going PS3, thankyouverymuch, and I’m sure there are a number of other console players who, like myself, knew of SD’s work due to playing their other games on PC.

Also, being that, if I recall correctly, the Brink sales numbers for the consoles surpass those on the PC, it doesn’t appear that the PC crowd is throwing out as much “support” as they’d like to claim.

(peteXnasty) #106

They are not showing support now because the game they paid for isn’t what they were advertised

Duhhhh

I wouldn’t either and I dont anymore.

(R_Shackelford) #107
  1. How would that be any different for PC than for consoles?

2. If the sales numbers for the consoles are higher than for the PC, than they didn’t show the support in the first place.

3. Console players paid more for their copies, so the argument would be even more valid for them.

I’m not saying no one has any reason to be dissatisfied, but the whole PC-elitist attitude is tired and baseless.

(isetfires) #108

Signed. Love this game.

(Tandem) #109

[QUOTE=wolfnemesis75;354545]Here’s me playing…

:smiley:

[/QUOTE]

A little over 100 hrs? I haven’t played on regular basis since May, and have more hours logged.

I think you fit the “Hardcore Forum Junkie” profile much better.

[QUOTE=*goo;354637]Is this thread the equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and going ‘lalalalalalalalala’… ?

For what it’s worth, I’m playing Brink on PS3 (will re-try PC upon DLC release) and have been the last few days. I can see myself putting in at least enough time to ‘Platinum’ it. But. I’m not going to delude myself into thinking/believing it doesn’t have issues. It sure the hell does.:)[/QUOTE]
QFT FFS

Definitely.

Those numbers are irrelevant. Compare the percentage of console owners who bought the game
vs pc owners. BTW buying a game doesn’t equal support the way that word is being used here.
Advertising, word of mouth and developer reputation sold the game. Support comes from the player base.
The game has successfully pushed away (mostly everyone) ready to build that player base.

I’d like to see this fan club 1year from now.
Cheers if you can last without playing bots till then.

LOL@ “Implied face-palm”

(Qbix) #110

What is this thread about?

(dazman76) #111

You should care about points. Because if you only care about an attitude, you’re missing the point - so why even bother? :slight_smile: Points are far more important than attitudes.

See, this is a good example of missing a point while addressing an attitude. PC players aren’t waiting for a “patch”. PC players are waiting to see when SD might release the game they’d been waiting for, and are still waiting for. PC players are scratching their heads thinking “well, I knew they weren’t making ET:QW 2, but I wasn’t expecting THIS”. If you cannot see the design decisions that have been forced into this game due to the console versions, you’re not just missing the point, you’re blindly ignoring it.

Now, not every PC player feels like this - but SD certainly seem to have turned away some of their oldest fans with these decisions. You can colour the changes however you like - they essentially simplify the game, and it’s pretty obvious what was driving these decisions. Multi-platform has lessened Brink in many ways - and it will possibly even be part of the decision to not release an SDK for the PC version. This would allow people to mod the game into what it should have been. SD have done this previously, but have been 100% silent on the issue with Brink. Netvars do not make this game more enjoyable for those of us who miss “the real SD deal”. Neither “fix patches” nor DLC will do this - the simplifications need to be addressed, or the PC player base will become non-existent. ET:QW currently has more players on PC - that says it all really.

I’m still struggling to believe that you posted this. I mean seriously? Have you any idea how large the gap is, between console install base and PC gaming install base? Kids everywhere aged 10 have access to consoles and parents who like to buy them games like Brink - the PC couldn’t hope to match that audience. I doubt there is a single multi-platform title in history, that sold more on PC than it did on console - it simply can’t happen. This is what has driven SD’s choices to “console-ise” Brink - however, that did NOT mean that the PC version had to be lumbered with stupidity like “one button does all”, and no ability to have sprint and SMART on different keys. Those decisions could have been avoided, and it’s THOSE decisions that have pissed off the PC following of SD.

Put down your flappy-stick controller and use your brain for five minutes - maybe then you’ll care more about point than attitude.

Cheese, basically.

(dazman76) #112

You should care about points. Because if you only care about an attitude, you’re missing the point - so why even bother? :slight_smile: Points are far more important than attitudes.

See, this is a good example of missing a point while addressing an attitude. PC players aren’t waiting for a “patch”. PC players are waiting to see when SD might release the game they’d been waiting for, and are still waiting for. PC players are scratching their heads thinking “well, I knew they weren’t making ET:QW 2, but I wasn’t expecting THIS”. If you cannot see the design decisions that have been forced into this game due to the console versions, you’re not just missing the point, you’re blindly ignoring it.

Now, not every PC player feels like this - but SD certainly seem to have turned away some of their oldest fans with these decisions. You can colour the changes however you like - they essentially simplify the game, and it’s pretty obvious what was driving these decisions. Multi-platform has lessened Brink in many ways - and it will possibly even be part of the decision to not release an SDK for the PC version. This would allow people to mod the game into what it should have been. SD have done this previously, but have been 100% silent on the issue with Brink. Netvars do not make this game more enjoyable for those of us who miss “the real SD deal”. Neither “fix patches” nor DLC will do this - the simplifications need to be addressed, or the PC player base will become non-existent. ET:QW currently has more players on PC - that says it all really.

I’m still struggling to believe that you posted this. I mean seriously? Have you any idea how large the gap is, between console install base and PC gaming install base? Kids everywhere aged 10 have access to consoles and parents who like to buy them games like Brink - the PC couldn’t hope to match that audience. I doubt there is a single multi-platform title in history, that sold more on PC than it did on console - it simply can’t happen. This is what has driven SD’s choices to “console-ise” Brink - however, that did NOT mean that the PC version had to be lumbered with stupidity like “one button does all”, and no ability to have sprint and SMART on different keys. Those decisions could have been avoided, and it’s THOSE decisions that have pissed off the PC following of SD. Even with this huge difference in install base, the PC version sold a lot of copies. Where are all those players now? They don’t seem to populating many servers, that’s for sure.

Put down your flappy-stick controller and use your brain for five minutes - maybe then you’ll care more about point than attitude.

Cheese, basically.

(Kingcole225) #113

I’m in Japan right now but when i get back home by the end of this month ill be playin on my xbox like ive been from the start. Still don’t have level 20 character though, gotta step that up.

(wolfnemesis75) #114

[QUOTE=Tandem;355049]A little over 100 hrs? I haven’t played on regular basis since May, and have more hours logged.

I think you fit the “Hardcore Forum Junkie” profile much better.

QFT FFS

Definitely.

[/QUOTE]

Yee Gods. The stats don’t include Campaign or Challenges. Besides, you are actually making my point and the entire aim of the thread. I am ok with Hardcore Forum Junkie too. Sounds like me for sure. :slight_smile:

(wolfnemesis75) #115

[QUOTE=dazman76;355057]You should care about points. Because if you only care about an attitude, you’re missing the point - so why even bother? :slight_smile: Points are far more important than attitudes.

I’m still struggling to believe that you posted this. I mean seriously? Have you any idea how large the gap is, between console install base and PC gaming install base? Kids everywhere aged 10 have access to consoles and parents who like to buy them games like Brink - the PC couldn’t hope to match that audience. I doubt there is a single multi-platform title in history, that sold more on PC than it did on console - it simply can’t happen. This is what has driven SD’s choices to “console-ise” Brink - however, that did NOT mean that the PC version had to be lumbered with stupidity like “one button does all”, and no ability to have sprint and SMART on different keys. Those decisions could have been avoided, and it’s THOSE decisions that have pissed off the PC following of SD. Even with this huge difference in install base, the PC version sold a lot of copies. Where are all those players now? They don’t seem to populating many servers, that’s for sure.
Cheese, basically.[/QUOTE]
This is not the place for a PC vs THE WORLD debate. If you still play Brink and logging hours and digging it, despite the wagon train of negativity, you are part of the Hardcore. End of story.

Please don’t try to derail an otherwise harmless thread. We all are cooking in the Brink Kitchen, some cajun sauce. If you can’t take the heat, get out o’ da kitchen.

(coolstory) #116

But brink isn’t hardcore…it’s so casual…

Also calling it the hardcore club?? what are you 12.

(peteXnasty) #117

[QUOTE=coolstory;355140]But brink isn’t hardcore…it’s so casual…

Also calling it the hardcore club?? what are you 12.[/QUOTE]

Yupppppppppp

(dazman76) #118

In my defence, I was replying to a previous post (which I quoted) containing exactly the same subject matter. I guess you are unwilling to shoot someone who appears to be whistling to your own tune, which isn’t really surprising.

Also, “otherwise harmless” doesn’t really cut it - you knew full well before making the OP, that this thread would attract exactly the kind of replies that it has. The language you chose to use, whether in jest or otherwise, guaranteed this from the start. Admit it, you just fancied walking on the dark side for once :slight_smile:

(wolfnemesis75) #119

[QUOTE=dazman76;355171]In my defence, I was replying to a previous post (which I quoted) containing exactly the same subject matter. I guess you are unwilling to shoot someone who appears to be whistling to your own tune, which isn’t really surprising.

Also, “otherwise harmless” doesn’t really cut it - you knew full well before making the OP, that this thread would attract exactly the kind of replies that it has. The language you chose to use, whether in jest or otherwise, guaranteed this from the start. Admit it, you just fancied walking on the dark side for once :)[/QUOTE]

“Cajun Sauce” is usually a bit spicy. Its too hot for some folk. Like Brink. and the Brink Hardcore Club. :wink:

(digitalzero) #120

Let me know if this works for you.