Boktor's Project

(Boktor) #121

Yep that’s it. In-game it works.

(Boktor) #122

Is there a wiki page for the surface inspector?

I use it a lot, but there are some functions I don’t really understand.
For example, what exactly does the “cap texture” and “naturalize texture” button do? Also, how and when do I use the find/replace dialog.

(.Chris.) #123

Will see, busy this weekend.

[QUOTE=Boktor;390034]Is there a wiki page for the surface inspector?

I use it a lot, but there are some functions I don’t really understand.
For example, what exactly does the “cap texture” and “naturalize texture” button do? Also, how and when do I use the find/replace dialog.[/QUOTE]

They are for patches, “cap texture” you use when you cap a cylinder, keep pressing it till the texture appears normal, “naturalize texture” is used on any patch, it makes the texture back to it’s normal scale incase it’s distorted after editing.

find/replace is for finding and replacing textures, up to you when you need it.

(Donnovan) #124

Sometimes i use a “manual find and replace” textures.

It consist in open the world file in notepad and use the change text option to change the texture name.

The good on this is that it do not reset the oiriginal texture orientation and scale. I can’t be 100% sure, but i believe the SDK “find and replace” textures reset the orientation and scale of the texture.

(Boktor) #125

So the find/replace option replaces the face of every brush/patch of a certain texture with another texture? I was hoping I would be able to replace a single brush face that I choose with the texture from another brush face. The main thing I want is to keep orientation and scale.

(Boktor) #126

Hey guys

Part of the map is cosmetically unfinished, but it’s ready for objectives and gameplay testing. I’ve got the whole thing in one .world file.
I’ll try and get a “destroy 2 objectives” on the map as a test, similar to the last objective of Refinery.

(Scrupus) #127

Bring it on :slight_smile:

(Ashog) #128

Bring it on :slight_smile:

(Boktor) #129

Question:

Do I need a spawn master if the spawns don’t change?

(Scrupus) #130

hmm, not quite sure but I would think it is required for the map script spawn system to work. You usually declare all the spawnmasters in the map script, mostly to turn them on and off, but the spawnmaster entities might also be required for the respawn script system to work.

It’s pretty simple to add it anyway, so why not :slight_smile:

Edit: I also think the spawnmaster is used to show the location of the spawn on the minimap.

(Donnovan) #131

Confirming that spawn master position is used to show the spawn on the minimap :slight_smile:

(Ashog) #132

Confirming that Donnovan really confirmed that spawn master position is used to show the spawn on the minimap :slight_smile:

(light_sh4v0r) #133

Confirming that Ashog is a tool, but not of the worst kind.

(Ashog) #134

I am not convinced :slight_smile:

(Boktor) #135

^lol you guys :tongue:

This objective is a real pain and is the biggest obstacle. I’ve been making progress at snail speed the last few months because of it. But guess what…
http://web.archive.org/web/20081029162316/http://community.enemyterritory.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18017

I CAN’T BELIEVE IT TOOK ME THIS LONG TO FIND IT!!!
I’ve been working with the construction objective tutorial and the destructible obj. tuto on the SD wiki but they aren’t enough for me.
…seriously, screw activision

There’s strange floating cubes and some other imperfections, but this is finally some progress
I’ll be on Thursday with questions for you guys
:cool:

(light_sh4v0r) #136

You might want to put that thing in some spotlights, or people will just walk by it thinking it’s just a crate :slight_smile:

(Donnovan) #137

Boktor,

You can see those yellow squares on the SDK, then you can select then, press “n” (to open entity properties) and see if its an important thing or just trash. I believe you can delete then, but firstly is a good thing to see what it is (“n”)… May be its something you lost many days ago, to be finding now…

The “yellow” square behavior can be some missing key, like a missing model key.

(Boktor) #138

[QUOTE=Donnovan;393831]Boktor,

You can see those yellow squares on the SDK, then you can select then, press “n” (to open entity properties) and see if its an important thing or just trash. I believe you can delete then, but firstly is a good thing to see what it is (“n”)… May be its something you lost many days ago, to be finding now…

The “yellow” square behavior can be some missing key, like a missing model key.[/QUOTE]
Hmm I’m not at my computer right now, but I don’t think the yellow cubes showed up in the SDK. They definitely started showing up after I created the objective though, and only in-game. Strange, but I’ll find out when I am able to get check tomorrow.
EDIT: The cubes do not show up in the SDK. Only in-game.

Yes haha. That’s just a test. The actual objective will be much bigger and well-lit.

(Scrupus) #139

[QUOTE=Boktor;393847]Hmm I’m not at my computer right now, but I don’t think the yellow cubes showed up in the SDK. They definitely started showing up after I created the objective though, and only in-game. Strange, but I’ll find out when I am able to get check tomorrow.
EDIT: The cubes do not show up in the SDK. Only in-game.[/QUOTE]

Like Donnovan I would guess you added some entities without models by accident, they can be hard to find in the editor but try this: Create a select box around that area and select all within bounds. Hopefully those entities should be highlighted and more visible, so you can delete them. Or just unselect the “known” objects and then delete the rest.

(Boktor) #140

Looks like the mystery cubes somehow came from the trigger_noplant and gameplay_destructible_trigger entities. I think maybe they had a bad model on them. I just re-did them and it worked but I didn’t check. I don’t know why there were 3 though… Anyway they’re gone now so problem solved

I was wondering, why can’t I see my .world files in my regular file browser, only in the SDK browser? I’ve got a bunch of trash .world files that I don’t know how to delete.