Boktor's Project

(Ashog) #81

Nice! I am ready to get boktor’d!

Release it fast! Before sunday, nao! :slight_smile:

(Donnovan) #82

I believe the content avaliable in SDK is a join of the retail game content and SDK content, with SDK content preference for conflicting cases.

So this func_fx can be something from the retail game, with its code compiled inside one of the game PK4 files. And may be its not working due to some configuration of the effect.

(Donnovan) #83

Boktor,

When will you release the PK4 file? It have megatexture?

(Boktor) #84

.pk4 is about 2MB, no megatexture

It’s up right now on ICE Nexus Labs server @ 213.236.208.185:27744 (thank Scrupus :D)

I would like to organize an 8v8 tonight at 8pm EST, so if you’re interested PM me for the password to join (sorry, Euros I know it’s late)

(Velas) #85

Hi Boktor, this is “my bug”, i only can see with scope, is frustating

Here is a demo https://mega.co.nz/#!uBNVgajI!VMJs4QfonkTYUHhMMeCqGEz3WaEMMSMJ53xrrCkeVYU

(Boktor) #86

Very strange, I’ve never seen that before.

Can anyone else help with this? Velas is the only one who had this problem when we tested Techbuster today.

(Aerie) #87

I like the map man is very cool :slight_smile:

But you could try put the glasses broken after the objective been destroyed.
And for me was a lil difficult try to nade objs since i’m not very good aiming nades and teleporter (if i want to jump there) lol, but after a while i start to get how to send nades correctly to obj like u guys told me and gets much more easier to destroy the objs. Well if was very easy too to do it, will not be so fun.

Congrats boktor i’m glad that u decide to do this, since there aren’t much ppl i can say almost none doing maps for this game thx :slight_smile:

(Aerie) #88

Since Velas was the only one with that problem while testing game and after i show this screenshots to a person, he told me that this is probably a problem with his graphic card or drivers.

(Velas) #89

I have a gygabyte gtx 480 which is more than enought for etqw :D, never had this problem before,
I can play other custom maps without problems, I can play last generation games like bf3 at high resolution, I have the latest drivers… so…

(Boktor) #90

Question for other mappers:

When we tested Techbuster nobody could do stroy<->ammo or use health packs. I heard a similar problem occurs in Gold Rush under the bridge. Since my map is completely indoors it seems like it could be the same issue. Any explanation/fix for this?

(Khamul) #91

[QUOTE=Boktor;436922]Question for other mappers:

When we tested Techbuster nobody could do stroy<->ammo or use health packs. I heard a similar problem occurs in Gold Rush under the bridge. Since my map is completely indoors it seems like it could be the same issue. Any explanation/fix for this?[/QUOTE]
As i said i saw this bug on few maps i didnt know if is it especially or is it bug. Ok so lets say something about map, looks great , it will be awesome pew pew feast. Imo u should upgrade this long tunnel cuz is hard to attack ( no barricades, or other covers)
P.S. I hope we will play finally gold rush on nirvana

Edit: I checked Gold rush and i couldnt take meds/stroy up on 2nd gdf spawn or on the stairs near bridge

(.Chris.) #92

You need a playzone in order to use health packs and such, the playzone mask defines the area which the action takes place which is white in the mask and the black defines the OOB where you can’t heal yourself and if you go to far out you die.

There is a thread somewhere about it because the one setup in the sdk test map isn’t correct.

(Boktor) #93

Only thing I could find was an archived tutorial from the old site by gamma “Step by step tutorial to making command map, heightmaps , deploymasks ect.”

The guide for the playzone is basically the same set-up as the as the sdk test map: Set up a square playzone_play to cover the map. Give it a textures/common/trigger texture. Give it keypair dm_playzone masks/techbuster/playzone. playzone.tga is in the folder 128x128, all white.

For some reason it won’t accept the playzone.tga. An error prevents the mapstart
ERROR: sdDeployMaskInstance::Init Invalid Deploy Mask ‘masks/techbuster/playzone’

EDIT: Got the playzone working

(Boktor) #94

Funny thing, Hozz got the same error and made a post about it in the old tutorial thread. It sucks though, I can’t see if anyone answered him since the page 2 on the thread isn’t archived.
Step by step tutorial to making command map, heightmaps , deploymasks ect

(alphabeta) #95

Comments: Thanks for releasing this, we had fun playing. BUT; currently far too easy for GDF to defend. You need to move their spawn some distance from objectives. The long hallways are death zones for Strogg with little cover and Strogg are always at a height disadvantage approaching the objectives. Need to get Stroy and MedPacks working.

(Boktor) #96

Thanks AB, the feedback is helpful. I tweaked the tunnels and their entrances and added a new 3rd entrance which should balance things toward Strogg. The GDF spawn was moved back a bit and I got the stroy and medpacks fixed. The command map is now available as well and spectators should now spawn inside the map, not outside.

Right now I’m trying to improve the design on the destructible objectives so it’s a bit easier to toss nades inside. Also, I think people agreed 2 or 3 nades should destroy an objective so I’ll set it to 3 for now.

(alphabeta) #97

That’s great. Let us know when you want to play it again. New maps are fun.

(Khamul) #98

so join us on nirvana on every sunday ;p

(alphabeta) #99

What time?

(Khamul) #100

we start at 7 pm CET and we play usually 3-4 hours( if we would gather more ppl we would play longer i think)