asdf 6v6 Group Phase

(.Chris.) #221

Wait till after christmas…

(Khamul) #222

We are waiting for rubbens cup and we dont want wait to january… Please quickly finish this cup…

(Apples) #223

Rubben’s cup is already open… what deter you to start playing games? groups are made, you can play…

Well I dont know for the rest of TBC, but I cant be avi till beginning of january anyway, I can still play failwhale this week but as we’ll destroy them the next team should wait till the 1st :wink:

Peace

(Crytiqal) #224

[QUOTE=Rex;388785]
We always try to do so. Only custom maps caused tv problems so far :frowning: What a pity! :([/QUOTE]

TV is fixed for that now :wink:

(Aristotle) #225

Well I was going to say that I was sorry, and I would get the groups together now that everything seems to be settled, but after reading through here and comments, and the comments made elsewhere, all I have to say is have fun finishing this off if you do.

By the way, real life comes first for me, so I don’t want to hear **** about me not being around.

(CfYz) #226

Aristotle
Oh come on. Be the man damn it. If you such a weak organizer - you shouldn’t start the cup, if you’re tired of a bull**** you’ve heard earlier to asdfcup - you shouldn’t start the cup, if you had a huge IRL issues - you shouldn’t start the cup. No offense, man - but organizing cups is a hard stuff in terms of communications with players and responsibility, you must know it before the cup.

P.S. And leave the pathetic “forgot what real life is”. We don’t, my sleeping kid is a evidence to that.

(Aristotle) #227

I’m not a weak organizer? I had everything set up and up to date, and spent the time to make the config, paid to have servers put up, spent the time it took to get the custom maps on the servers, spent the time, and becoming extremely frustrated with setting up the server with said custom maps until timestart and scrupus helped out, spent my time getting the 20 teams that signed up to sign up, which I might add is the largest I’ve seen in some time, especially considering several teams had 6-10 players. Yeah, that definitely sounds weak to me.

What bull**** was there to hear before that? I hadn’t heard anything other than people saying they would be interested before I opened signups. It wasn’t until after that people starting bitching about everything. Take the config for example, I had it out there for people to read through and come to me with changes and issues FOR A MONTH before i closed signups and started the group phase. It wasn’t until after that that I heard anybody come to me to say anything about the config. I’m sorry, that’s something that should be done before the tourney starts not after.

If you have a kid like you say then you should know that you can’t always predict what is going to happen. There were no issues when I started the cup, it wasn’t until near the end of the original date the group phase was scheduled to end that the issues came up. It’s also good to note here that not all the matches were still played before that date. So no, why would I not start the tourney when there was nothing wrong or going on at the time. I don’t know about you, but I can’t tell the future.

No ****? Wow, I never would have guessed that. No ****ing **** it’s hard and time consuming. This isn’t my first rodeo sir.

(Kl3ppy) #228

Ari, dont talk to ppl who never heard anything about reallife. its not worth the time …

(Ashog) #229

[QUOTE=CfYz;388751]rUBBEN
Group 1 should meet Group 4
Group 2 should meet Group 3
or
Group 1 should meet Group 2
Group 3 should meet Group 4

You can choose between only. Elimination grid builds by like this (example was taken from IRL sport):

Group1Place1 BARSELONA
Group2Place2 REAL

Group3Place1 CSKA
Group4Place2 BASKONIA

Group2Place1 MAKABI
Group1Place2 PARTISAN

Group4Place1 OLYMPIACOS
Group3Place2 PROKOM

Let’s see the bracket you’ve made:

Group2Place1 FAILWHALE
Group4Place2 TBC

then second pair from this groups should be:

Group4Place1 SPANK
Group2Place2 MONEYBAGS

and other pairs like:

Group1Place1 40%
Group3Place2 STUPIDOZ

Group3Place1 KATASTROFA
Group1Place2 OLDFRAGS

and overall playoff should be like this:

Group1Place1 40%
Group3Place2 STUPIDOZ

Group2Place1 FAILWHALE
Group4Place2 TBC

Group3Place1 KATASTROFA
Group1Place2 OLDFRAGS

Group4Place1 SPANK
Group2Place2 MONEYBAGS

Not so simple, not so easy…[/QUOTE]

If there are two choices why did you list only one?

(light_sh4v0r) #230

[QUOTE=CfYz;388798]Aristotle
Oh come on. Be the man damn it. If you such a weak organizer - you shouldn’t start the cup, if you’re tired of a bull**** you’ve heard earlier to asdfcup - you shouldn’t start the cup, if you had a huge IRL issues - you shouldn’t start the cup. No offense, man - but organizing cups is a hard stuff in terms of communications with players and responsibility, you must know it before the cup.

P.S. And leave the pathetic “forgot what real life is”. We don’t, my sleeping kid is a evidence to that.[/QUOTE]

Come on man, give him some credit. He went through the effort to start it up. He clearly indicated he had some unexpected business and didn’t know when that would be solved. That can happen to anyone, and quite possibly he has been trhough enough hard stuff the past few weeks so you might want to reconsider what you just said. There’s more in life than ETQW cups.

(Rex) #231

So Aristotle, we are waiting for the real bracket now. :slight_smile:

(rUBBEN) #232

Yep, Aristoltle I afforded to start the playoffs since I’d talked to a lot of people and they doubted you would ever come back, and we couldn’t wait for your cup to start, because this cup is actually awesome, and I really respect your job.

Waiting for your commands now :slight_smile:

(Aristotle) #233

If the teams still want to play, when I get off work I will post the ladder for the finals, which will contain eight teams as originally planned, and matches will start as soon as teams wish to begin, though I’d think most would want to wait until after Christmas at least.

Or you could just go with cfyz’s plan, seeing as he’s the all knowing one.

Up to you.

(Dthy) #234

I think the majority of us want to go with your plan :smiley:

(lausl) #235

Wb Aristotle! hope your reallife issues are past!

nice to see the captain again on board! :smiley:

(Snotling) #236

Yup, as he said! :slight_smile:

(Shelly) #237

wb aris =) pop on irc when you have time for a chat. if not merry xmas ^^

(rUBBEN) #238

Looking forward to the play offs :slight_smile:

(Aristotle) #239

Shelly, I’ll be home and on irc in 2-3 hours if you’re still on.

(CfYz) #240

Aristotle

Blah blah blah. Stop pity in yourself. You know I run tons of cups in my region, mostly they was IRL (including WCG prelim e.g.), and online like you do. And you know what? Players don’t care about anything your prep for the cup. It’s normal. If you want a medal for thing you do - you make a wrong descicion to make a cup in etqw.

But thing is - when you complete the cup you’ve prepared - only after that you can get your medal, after the solid cup players will be thankfull to you. Don’t misunderstand me - it’s not that I’m blame you - thats how cybercups do. Maybe in your region players or ppl a way better, dunno.

You know? It’s your fault. You should know that players just play, it is you the man who responsible to point the EU teams that they will play without 3rd person shooting like thay used to three years ago, it is your fault that this was mention only in small link to .cfg in your site. You should put such major gameplay features in ruleset, like one bazooka for example. And second - like Shelly said: don’t bother this bitching, you’re the organizer you should sound like you rocksolid damn it. If players will feel you weakness - you will be bitched all the way through the cup. I think you don’t want it, do you?

I can’t too, but if you have an access to interwebs and you’re not injured - you can find a 15 minutes to post something on forum and a ask for a sub to you. Just put thoughts you plan to playoff and ask someone to help you out with cup. There is rUBBEN and his team, I’m able to do that too. Don’t think you’re alone in the interwebs. That’s how I would do if my cup would be interrupted with IRL issues.

Someone force you to make the cup? Someone force you to play hard and consume your time? I think no. It’s about a responsibility of yours - no matter IRL or online coumminity.

light_sh4v0r
He had some credit. It is Aristotle the man who wake up us from a three year sleep and make some funny vent time for us in training for his cup I thankful to him for that. But when he said: run cup in any way you want I don’t care - he lost his credits.