Analysis of the First gameplay video [SPOILERS]

(montheponies) #41

Give the med half regen, everyone else relies on packs and the med cant use his own…

(NeoRussia) #42

well they could give an aoe heal if he can’t use his own that way if he heals someone else he heals himself as well.

(Dysfunkshion) #43

But the other sniper rifles also had crosshairs when not in ADS. The sniper in the video gameplay ressembled the K43 and M1garand snipers more, since those were bolt action snipers. You can see this in the other sniper footage in the video.

[QUOTE=Maca;416065]People might’ve already seen this by themselves, but just wanted to point out that it seems that when the health goes below half and starts blinking, and you take no damage for a while, it’ll regenerate back to half when it stops blinking again. Reviving also brings back to half health, but Anti has very often perfectly half health, so I think he has been on a fire fight where his health has gone below half, survived, and it’s regenerated.
1:33 and 2:07 You can see the health regenerating
And at 1:50, he receives last damage when he has 13 bullets in his clip, then after pretty much exactly 5 seconds of not getting hurt he regenerates to half health.
Picking a med pack gives health instantaniously and causes the text “health pickup” appear, as seen in 2:13, and it gives at least 1/4 of health, but I’d personally wager it gives half health, so revive and one med pack gets you perfectly fit.[/QUOTE]

Nice find, I had been looking for regenerating health, but I never spotted it. I’ll add it to the list.

As for my opinion on regenerating health:
I’m fine with it, especially on every class except medic. Half health atleast gives you a fighting chance. (Remember asking for a medi after nearly every gunfight in ET? I died so many times while waiting or running towards a medic.)
As for the medic itself, I’m not sure. They could combine so many different options:

• Health regen (1/3 -1/2 - 2/3 - 3/4 - full)
  • Use medpacks on self (yes - no - limited)
  • Get health from helping others (yes - no - limited)
  • Healing from other medics (yes - no)
  • Perhaps selfbandaging, which would take some time instead of instant healing

I hope they go for a 1/2 health regen, no medpacks on self and getting health from helping other players.

(mikeX) #44

[QUOTE=Dysfunkshion;414369]

• 00:15
    The guy who comes from the left has sort of a radio sign as his class. Imo, this could both be for Field ops or Covert ops.

• 02:19
    5 classes confirmed. If the signs are still representing the classes as before, then we have (In order): Field ops, Medic, Engineer, Radiowave guy, Covert ops. I’m assuming the radiowave is the new field ops and the old field ops sign represents a soldier. (Just my 2 cents though)[/QUOTE]

The “radio-sign-class” is called “Fire Support”. The other classes are named Assault, Medic, Engineer and Recon. You can spot them here.

In addition to the general notes:

• 2:12
    Several players are being credited for disabling the vehicle, not only the one who hit the last shot.

• 0:15
    The “Airstrike-Marker-bar” is 6 cm long. After throwing the nade, it shrinks to ~5.3 cm in about 7 seconds. So you can assume that it’s possible to call an airstrike once a minute (every 60 seconds).

(prophett) #45

No to health regen. Make the medic more necessary for healing others, rather than himself (in a competitive setting, of course). on pubs they will just rambo regardless :]

Would be fine if healing/regen worked exactly the same as ET.

(Dysfunkshion) #46

Okay, I updated the OP. I added all extra information supplied by you guys and added a section at the end to give credit to their contributions.

I’m still looking for opinions on “London Bridge being a remake of Goldrush.” For those who hadn’t seen it before, I added an argumentation as to why I think this map is a modern goldrush.

I also tried to clean up spelling and grammar mistakes as was as the layout (which is obviously still bad because I suck with the editor :stuck_out_tongue: )

(GENETX) #47

It has some things of Goldrush, but I don’t know whether it is on purpose to recreate Goldrush. I would say no to that…

But asuming that there will be no vehicles to drive and SD wants to bring back the good elements from ET and ETQW, they must have definately looked at the good points of the maps for those games to create new good balanced maps. So obviously, they would introduce catwalks again and so on. But on the other side, comparing to Goldrush there are also 2 things I do not see back:

1. The stealing of the tank, it is more like you get it now. And I don’t think that is a problem since I always ran into the Axis bunker with my pliers and just ran around the tank as engi, hoping that no mines were layed down and the tank would provide enough cover… Usually that scene only took 2-3 mins.

2. After the first truck barrier, there was no stopping the truck for the axis anyway since it was too far from the spawn. The second truck barrier was pointless and may be only used in the first days in ET when ppl were looking what to do and could get some XP. Instead, I now see oponents at the end so their spawnpoint must be closed and they have the real oppurtunity to stop the EV.

And then, the place to steal the objective looks larger than the bank to me, but I could be wrong on that. Anyways, I wouldn’t call it a Goldrush remake, rather a Goldrush-inspired map in which the 2 useless points (which are mentioned above) are left out and replaced by better gameplay elements. I’d call the similarities to Goldrush when it comes to the layout of the map more lucky than “by design”. The fact that we see various elements back is not due to the Goldrush map itself, but rather due to the fact that they did work in ET very well and need to be introduced in DB as well.

And thx for the topicstart update. Will spread the word on the tweakers.net forums :wink:

(Ruben0s) #48

It looks indeed a bit like Goldrush, the part where they destroy a building and create an entrance, and have to get two objectives and return those back to the EV. I kinda hope that they will include the stealing of the tank part from Goldrush, as I think that is the best part of the map. It might even be in the map, as the alpha footage starts when they are 2 minutes ingame already.

(BomBaKlaK) #49

Find on the CPC forum with a quick google translate :

(Ruben0s) #50

Yea, the overall map layout is definitely a remake of Goldrush. The barriers are at the exact same places, the building with the objective is at the same place. So is the bridge. Only Goldrush has 4 barriers, seems like they skipped the last barrier.

I will steal BomBaklak his picture:

Point 5 from the Goldrush layout ( Point six is the first barrier in the video, same place as Goldrush. After that you go left over the bridge, again the same as Goldrush.
http://postimage.org/image/bgkpak9b9/

Point X1 and you look towards point 7, tank is under point X2.
http://postimage.org/image/9dsc1986z/

Point 7 from the Goldrush layout
http://postimage.org/image/5it15ikzf/

Point 8 from the Goldrush layout
http://postimage.org/image/4zjwig449/

Point 10-12
http://postimage.org/image/qehnyt5j9/

Point 11
http://postimage.org/image/dp04l9y5p/

Point 12-13
http://postimage.org/image/pjahsagqz/

In the alpha video you can see point 5 till 14

I can only hope that they will also remake radar <3

(Dysfunkshion) #51

Allright, good stuff guys and thanks for the opinions. Now I’m more sure than ever that they took the basic layout of goldrush and altered it where they saw fit. (I’ll edit the OP later, I would appreciate it if you could PM me the code from your post. This would save me a lot of time)

(GENETX) #52

Reply with Quote and then remove the quote tags :stuck_out_tongue:

OMG LOL, I totally missed the map at the left bottom of the screen all the time.

Kills some defect brain cells by banging his head to a wall

(jazevec) #53

If health regen remains in the game, people who want to go rambo will default to another class (like they did in award-winning Brink). Which is good. But medic will join the unemployment line. Healing people in a game with health regen sounds like bringing wood to the forest.

(GENETX) #54

So, I created a map from several gameplay screenshots, with some image enhancements. So that makes the empty map:

With objectives located and the EV route:

And possible spawnpoints:

Especially the last part is good to watch. The axis (red dots on the map during the video) seem to come from a second spawnpoint, if the old axis spawn is used as well. What do you think? And then there is a large whitespace on the rightbottom. That could be the first 2 mins of gameplay perhaps. There are some entry routes to it so there must be something in that area I guess.

(BomBaKlaK) #55

hell yeah ! I think about it but not motivated as a your are :stuck_out_tongue:
nice work dude

(Nemesty) #56

Great work GENETX :cool:

(Dysfunkshion) #57

First of all, great work with the maps. I guess I’m not going to add this to the OP because it’s already a huge wall of text. I plan on referencing to these posts so that everyone who reads it can see this.

[QUOTE=GENETX;417098]
And possible spawnpoints:

[/QUOTE]

Especially the last part is good to watch. The axis (red dots on the map during the video) seem to come from a second spawnpoint, if the old axis spawn is used as well. What do you think? And then there is a large whitespace on the rightbottom. That could be the first 2 mins of gameplay perhaps. There are some entry routes to it so there must be something in that area I guess.[/QUOTE]

If your theory about the spawn points is true, then I guess they cut out a huge part of the original goldrush.

I made a list of possible options I see for spawnpoints.

I suck with Paint and Photoshop so I’ll explain what I did first. The Black part is the part of the map they didn’t show, according to GENETX. The Orange parts are the parts where I see the possibility of an existing spawn. The numbers represent the order in which the spawn points appear.

There’s two main possibilities. Either the attacking team (ALLIES) keeps the bottom part of the map or either they rotate, following the path of the EV. Imo it would make more sense that they keep the bottom part.

For the attacking team this would mean: ALLIES 1 --> ALLIES 2 --> ALLIES 3 = ALLIES 1
For the Defending team this would mean: AXIS 1 --> AXIS 2 --> AXIS 3 (If it exists)

In case the attackers rotate around the map, together with the EV we could have lots of combinations of spawnpoint rotations. I’m not going to sum them up, you can see it on the picture. Make use of the * and ** spawnpoints and keep in mind that there might only be 2 spawnpoints per team or up to four. (or more)

(GENETX) #58

Unfortunately, I did not see spawning players on the map, which i looked at carefuly after I created the map. As with your map, I don’t expect Allies 3 to be there as it is after the 3rd barrier…

Then there is only 20 mins instead of the original 30 mins. In my opinion, with good balanced teams, 20 min would be too short for the original goldrush. That is why I think the stealing of the tank has been left out. But I am not sure. as I sort of expect two routes through the white unknown part right now. But I don’t know about the buildings. The white blocks at the bottom square, and then the right side. show some darker spots which might be routes through the buildings. On the other side, it might also be the spawn point inside the building for the allies.

(Reddeadcap) #59

Information regarding the classes, To this moment since I dont know if there if characters can be customised I’m posting what appears to be the “default” model by what I can tell from the homepage and gameplay video:

Assault (Bullet): Seems to carry an LMG and assault rifle/smg as a secondary [Dark green gloves, long sleeve green shirt], some sort of grenade as a special ability/item. [Guy with a large backpack and grenades]

Medic (+): Looks like he carries a carbine or smg and desert eagle, Most of this video seems to be from a medics perspective (red gloves), can defib other plays back to half their HP and throw medkits, HP regen only recovers half your health. [Dreadlocks, bandana, wears a small labcoat]

Fire Support (Sonar waves?): Seems to carry an all around assault rifle and a Desert Eagle seen at the very start [fingerless camo gloves], special item/ability seems to be to throw a target painter to call in an airstrike. [Bald, wears a radio on his back and a headset]

Engineer (wrench): Carries a shotgun and a machine pistol, [green/yellow gloves], seems to be the only one capable of deploying C4 and repairing Barricades, could also be able to repair the vehicle?, seems to drop a proximity mine as an ability/tiem [only female model, wears a lifted welders mask]

Recon (crossairs): Carries a sniper rifle and a machine pistol, [black fingerless gloves] Dont know what to say of its special item/ability [Wears a hood]

Since I havent tried any ET game these next bits involve what seems to be a big discussion on this thread;

Health Regen: Seems to stop at 50%, meaning you’ll need a medic to heal you to 100%, players vision is impared by how low health is.

Ironsights: This needs to be done only if when firing from them means having to deal with recoil and the gun jerking from each shot, firing from the hip shouldn’t be inaccurate as a storm trooper when firing at someone who is well under 20 feet away; While using ironsights there seems to be little to no kickback from the weapons.

I really hope that Melee attacks means to switch to a melee weapon and use it, not an instant knife swipe, 0:49 we can hear the guy standing next to the downed person who fell meleeing him.

(GENETX) #60

What are you waiting for, install ET :stuck_out_tongue: (Tho, the master server is down again since yesterday :frowning: )

Thr bomb planting was switched from Engineer -> Soldier (assault) in ETQW, but now it is back to the engineer again. Guess it makes sense as the engineers were objective whores anyway (like me :stuck_out_tongue: ). I don’t think we will see much difference compared to ET when it comes to the classes. Maybe the soldiers/assault have other grenades to clear areas or so. Maybe a flashbang would be nice. Soldiers/assault could use some more tools to clear certain areas by killing a ****load of enemies, they have the gear for it :stuck_out_tongue: