Analysis of the First gameplay video [SPOILERS]

(Erkin31) #21

We can see a gib at 00:49s. No idea if the knife is a dash or a classic “select knife + hit + select other weapon”

(DarkKnightDK) #22

Notice that starting no one uses IronSights…But until a certain point ironsight function are shown…But everyone uses hips shooting than ironsights…Kinda confuse me off :stuck_out_tongue:

(Fooooo) #23

Well, typically SD’s games have focused on hip-fire not iron-sights, as it increases the speed of the game…& the skill level imo. (who can hold their aim better for longer while both people are moving rapidly etc)

That said ironsights have always had a role in their games also. Just its not the only effective way to kill someone unlike in say CoD or MW where its pretty much a given that ironsights beats hipfire in pretty much every situation…

Nice work on pulling the vid apart for info OP & contributors. :oppressor:

(BrightIs) #24

-0:43 The sniper has a cross hair when not ADS, so reminiscent of the FG 42 the covert ops uses in ET in both design and usage.

(ZeYos) #25

Hitsounds would be awesome

(BomBaKlaK) #26

ohhh yeah ! +1

(KlausMorgenholz) #27

Also +1. Less realistic, but it’s soooooo cool!

(scyther) #28

I wish it would resemble more wolfenstein:ET than quake wars :slight_smile:

(KlausMorgenholz) #29

Now that I think about it, this shouldn’t be difficult to code, so there should be an option for enable or disable hitsounds depending on what you prefer.

(Stumperd) #30

Great job Dysfunkshion! You have found alot more details than me D:
Now I see how much it looks like ET which I find a REALLY good thing.

I am sooo looking forward to this game! I can’t wait!

(DarkKnightDK) #31

[QUOTE=Fooooo;414732]Well, typically SD’s games have focused on hip-fire not iron-sights, as it increases the speed of the game…& the skill level imo. (who can hold their aim better for longer while both people are moving rapidly etc)

That said ironsights have always had a role in their games also. Just its not the only effective way to kill someone unlike in say CoD or MW where its pretty much a given that ironsights beats hipfire in pretty much every situation…

Nice work on pulling the vid apart for info OP & contributors. :oppressor:[/QUOTE]

Haha true true on what you say…Thou I prefer both ways, but I do prefer more to the game sticking to one style (Usage of Iron Sights or just Hip Shooting)…Its kinda construct and I know what gamestyle I will be playing if one of these styles are implemented alone. But Still, no harm done and I cant wait for this game ><

(NeoRussia) #32

Without iron sights there wouldn’t be a lot of cool customizable sights on weapons and since DB is going to be F2P I’m sure there will be. They have already announced weapon customization with weapon tags similar to Blacklight.

(Maca) #33

People might’ve already seen this by themselves, but just wanted to point out that it seems that when the health goes below half and starts blinking, and you take no damage for a while, it’ll regenerate back to half when it stops blinking again. Reviving also brings back to half health, but Anti has very often perfectly half health, so I think he has been on a fire fight where his health has gone below half, survived, and it’s regenerated.
1:33 and 2:07 You can see the health regenerating
And at 1:50, he receives last damage when he has 13 bullets in his clip, then after pretty much exactly 5 seconds of not getting hurt he regenerates to half health.
Picking a med pack gives health instantaniously and causes the text “health pickup” appear, as seen in 2:13, and it gives at least 1/4 of health, but I’d personally wager it gives half health, so revive and one med pack gets you perfectly fit.

(BomBaKlaK) #34

arf … I hate regen system …

(Nemesty) #35

I hate regen system too and with the regen system the medic is usless…

(Maca) #36

Useless? I don’t think so, without medic you have only half health, which is a great disadvantage. If the system is how I think it is I think it has potential

(BomBaKlaK) #37

if it’s only half regen I give a chance. but full regen make medics useless

(BioSnark) #38

…because revive is useless.

(BomBaKlaK) #39

So half useless ! :stuck_out_tongue:

(NeoRussia) #40

I like the Farcry 2/3 regen system, where it’s half a regen system and half a medpack system.