Since I have too much time on my hands and since I’m pretty thrilled after the video, I’m going to do a detailed analysis. This excludes the guns, since I don’t care about their reallife nor ingame names and perhaps also a bit since I’m really bad a recognising them
Before commenting, note that this is pre-alpha gameplay footage and that gameplay elements are subject to change. SD hasn’t released any details except what we can see and we can only speculate on possible additional elements (I.E: A “level” system and unlocks) Also keep in mind that a lot of speculating is based on how it worked in SD’s previous games.
Another thing I’d like to point out is that I’m just a human and that I can make mistakes. This means that I’ve probably overlooked things, made false assumptions and made spelling mistakes. If you find anything I missed, please let me know and I’ll change this post and I’ll ofcourse give you some credit.
- 00:10 You can see a medic manning the MG on the EV.
- 00:12-00:13 He takes out an airstrike marker which he didn’t throw instantly, so I assume it’s stored in a weaponbank instead of instathrow. The player is aiming to destroy a deployable turret (Thx to Ruben0s)
- 00:15 The guy who comes from the left has sort of a radio sign as his class. This class is similar to the field ops class from W:ET and ET:QW and it’s called Fire supprt. After doing some Math we can assume that Fire support can call in an airstrike approximately every minute. (Thx to MikeX) (Note that this is without possible existing upgrades/perks/ranks/… , We have no information about wether they exist or that they can influence recharge times)
- 00:24 You get exp for securing the APC, I’m assuming this means escorting the vehicle.
- 00:26 You can see a red name above the enemies’ head.
- 00:33 Nade indicator. And the emblem of an engineer on the left side.
- 00:38 The announcer says that the vehicle has passed barricade 1, which means that there will be multiple barricades.
- 00:43 The emblem for the Recon class (~Covert Ops) can be spotted above the head of the allied player.
- 00:44 The sniper can be steadied.
- 00:45 The sniper 1shots the guy. However, I don’t have acces to specialised software, so I can’t determine wether or not it was a headshot. It could also mean that the enemy already took damage from another source before.
- 00:49 We can see a gib. No idea if the knife is a dash or a classic “select knife + hit + select other weapon” (Thx to Erkin31)
- 00:51 I suppose the allied player took the gun of the killed enemy.
- 00:54 Sniper headshot, another instakill
- 00:58 2 Engineers plant C4 at the same time. It seems that planting the C4 is not a fixed animation and that you can atleast look around a bit.
- 1:04-1:08: Sniper hit someone in chest, instant kill. Not sure if he was shot before. Sniper then proceeds to hit someone in the leg, not a kill. So we can confirm it’s not a 1HKO on all parts like some other F2P “tactical team based action war battle face” games. (Thx to Antharax)
- 01:09 The vehicle reaches a destination and a very short cinematic plays. This was not the final objective and gameplay almost immediately resumed.
- 01:14 Clearly shows a pickup objective.
- 01:15-> 01:20 The guy shooting is able to take out multiple enemies in a row, meaning that he either has a weapon advantage at that range/better positioning or that he is simply a better player.
- 01:21 Ammo packs
- 01:25 There’s objectives that we have to carry from point A to B. (Thx to Ruben0s)
- 01:26 There’s a medpack on the ground. Medpacks also have 4 uses, like the ammo packs we’ve seen before.
- 01:29 The engineer (I guess) Throws a landmine. He can only throw 1
- 01:30 -> 01:37 You can see the medpack and the landmine recharging, much like in ET.
- 01:39 Third barricade confirmed.
- 01:41 Barricade reconstructed
- 01:47 The guy dies, gets a respawn timer and the option to suicide.
- 01:49 When the player died, he received a defibrillator from a medic.
- 01:54 Ironsights
- 01:55 Health starting recharging after 5 seconds of not taking damage.(Thx to Maca)
- 02:00 Defibrillator doesn’t seem to have charges.
- 02:01 After using the defibrillater, there seems to be a 1 second delay before actually getting up. (Thx to Antharax) I suppose you’re spawnprotected while getting up.
02:02 Medpack also seemed to have a dedicated weaponbank.
02:03 Looks like a rocketlauncher.
- 02:04 I think there are a couple of ammopacks laying on the road.
- 02:11 The guy playing has the ability “Artillery spotter” Not sure how I should interpret this. It also only has 1 charge.
- 02:12 You can disable the vehicle. B[/B] found out that: “Several players are being credited for disabling the vehicle, not only the one who hit the last shot.”
- 02:13 The enemy is definitely sprinting with an ammopack in his hands.
- 02:15 Bottom of the screen says “Health pickup”
- 02:19 5 classes confirmed. Assault (~Soldier), Medic, Engineer, Fire Support (~Field Ops) and Recon (~Covert Ops) (Thx to MikeX for confirming the right names)
- 02:25 Turret ability for engineer.
- 02:32 “Press space to respawn” This means that there’s either some kind of gib mechanic or that we don’t respawn in waves.
I strongly believe this map is a remake of Goldrush. My description or arguments are probably easier to understand if you watch the video step by step while I try to explain my thoughts.
GENETX has made a great image based on this idea which confirms my theory partially. You can find this informatin HERE
Let me explain:
- First barrier, room on the left, upstairs, there’s an entrance from below. The building right of the barrier has stairs, which seem to lead to said room. Just past the first barrier is a catwalk, similar to Goldrush.
- After the first barrier, the EV even turns left. There’s another catwalk looking over a long straight street. Enemies entering the street come from stairs in the back (so basically, they removed the stairs near the catwalk, and put them where the tank turned and damaged the building in W:ET). In the video we then see a shot from below. The pushed back stairs can be seen and there’s an enemy on what looks like the street from before. (This means you can shoot from the street, down into a courtyard.)
- This is confirmed in the next shot, where they plant the C4 at the second barrier: We see the long street, and we can run under it.
- Next shot (the sniper again) is a look over the “courtyard” from the upper street. The vehicle comes near a wall and destroys it. This makes the environment more open and makes the map look more like Goldrush again. Enemies seem to come from the left and front, but it seems as if there’s also an entrance from the right.
- Next shot inside: There’s a corridor right of the room where we have to fetch 2 objectives. (Again, this is the corridor that runs next to the bank in goldrush) you can even enter the room by going left.
- When they rush out, the vehicle goes left, (the same direction as the the truck). There’s a 3rd barrier. There’s a small entrance on the right, near the barrier.
- After the barrier, the vehicle goes slightly left into another more open area.
I can’t really determine what happens next, but up to this point this map is definitely Goldrush.
Also note that at the end of the video, the vehicle escapes to the left, with enemies defending from the right.
I probably missed a lot of stuff, so please feel free to add and/or correct.
Reddeadcap gives us a detailed analysis on the different classes, based on what we can see in the video: Detailed class analysis so far.
Some general notes:
- There’s a mission progression bar at the top
- There’s a mission timer
- There’s a blue health bar in the lower right corner
- Cov ops have heartbeatsensors with max 2 charges (Somewhere in the sniping footage) (Thx to Ruben0s)
- Female models
- The map and objectives looked a lot like a modern version of Goldrush.
- Map name seems to be London Bridge
- They talk about escorting the EV (A tank like vehicle, maybe EV stands for escorting vehicle, just random brainstorm though )
- If you’re hit, you get Codlike hitmarkers on your screen
Special Thanks to:
- Ruben0s for finding out the deployable turret, ammo packs, Heartbeat sensors and pointing out some of my mistakes.
- Maca for noticing the health regen. A huge gameplay factor I overlooked.
- MikeX for pointing out that the five classes are called Assault, Medic, Fire support, Recon, Engineer. Doing the math on recharge time of airstrike markers. He also found out that several players get credited when completing objectives, not just the one who completed it.
- Erkin31 for finding the gib in the video and how it might work.
- GENETX for making a map based on the footage.
- Reddeadcap for making an analysis on the classes.
- Antharax for noticing the 1 second delay on revives and giving an analysis of the second sniper footage