All current ET mapping projects

(Qualmi) #421

wow aaa3, this looks great…i once created a flak by my own when i started mapping, you can see the result in the irmgard complex map…the flak was so big at the end, that i just sold them as seaguns :smiley: i even wanted to make a flak in my upcoming map, which must be loaded with ammo and then shoots something. but i have now other objective.

and planes i could need a lot. more exactly i could need b2-bombers. anyone know where to find one ? and on top, i need sounds where the cockpit of the b2 talks to someone on the ground, something like this:

enemy engaged, received contact, we under heavy attack…fire at target 3, 4, 5, 0, out!

roger that, will fire at coordinates 3, 4, 5, 0…

i hope you know what i mean :cool: anyone knows where to find, or maybe can upload such sounds for me ? it must be high quality, really good.

(aaa3) #422

@q yeah will check irmgard :D; @p more when release :smiley:

edit… ok, more, but now else; again off-scale atm, an Austro-Hungarian 30,5 cm Mörser M. 11 (Skoda) from WWI. again 1st day (actually 3-4h)

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=72&pictureid=417

(Qualmi) #423

To see more just check my albumsite here at Splashdamage Forums!

(Qualmi) #424

eyeballs-idea taken from “just pub” by feuersturm. i hope he doesnt bother!!

(Qualmi) #425

To see more just check my albumsite here at Splashdamage Forums!

(Qualmi) #426

eyeballs-idea taken from “just pub” by feuersturm. i hope he doesnt bother.

(unf4z3d) #427

Thank god for JPEGs, save us all a little precious bandwidth XD

(shagileo) #428

hehe nice pictures :slight_smile:

(Qualmi) #429

well…the release of ctf_metro is coming closer, so i decided to introduce the map here. for those who already know dm_metro_te (my masterpiece so far :D), will recognize that ctf_metro is actually a extention of dm_metro that comes along with additional brushwork, models, and a fantastic gameplay, which, of course, first have to proove itself. but i have put some thoughts into it. actually i only have 2 pics, and they dont show all of the map, but the upper part is pretty much covered, as it is so called symmetric.

the second screen is only a rough presentation what is gonna be happening down in metro. be prepared :wink:

here the idea of the gameplay:

it is a ctf map, so the main objective is to get the flag more often than the enemy does and bring it to some specific location. along with that i have put in some nice secondary objective, which will bring advantage to the team, who is forfilling that task. i am speaking of portals :slight_smile: yes you have heard right, i will implement some nice quakestyle portals which will bring advantage to the one who is using it. as it is in quake the portals are only static (hope this is true), but as this is enemy territory, the portals of course are constructible and destroyable. there will be a masterportal, which is the one responsible, that all other portals of the team constructed work properly, if this one is to be destroyed, than all the other portals will be destroyed aswell. the so called “other portals” are 2 specific ones, one slaveportal, and one warportal. be aware what this is gonna be meant to be. also note that you have to forfill a quest to open the masterportal, and also a quest to open the warportal. the slaveportals are also constructible…

thats it from now, stay tuned =P

(unf4z3d) #430

so, my map is nearing completion…

again i put together a photobucket album, with 30 pics…

ive change a lot, added a lot, and the obj is nearly done now :slight_smile: doing spawns

enjoy :slight_smile:

(edit: forgot to lighten the ss to et levels :))

and a teaser to make u clikc the link:

(IndyJones) #431

make sure that you can shoot thru transparent metal fences… it’s a pain in the ass when you can’t.
also, i’d recommend making terrain not so flat…

(unf4z3d) #432

metal fences have missile_clip

and I think the terrain is ok as is… i dont really have much room for hills…

(IndyJones) #433

i’m not talking about hills or mountains, just don’t make it THAT flat. it’s gonna be a pain in the ass with some rambo medics…

clipmissile is good, but make sure u can actually shoot thru fences in game. sometimes compiler do a bad job and u can’t…

(Qualmi) #434

what would be cool if you made a skybox with some mountains around this all. they must look like they are really big and far far away and they must fit somehow in the color of the skybox, so they must have a dark, almost black texture or somekind. some screens look not bad btw :slight_smile:

edit: lol, if that rocket --> http://s680.photobucket.com/albums/vv168/unf4z3d/map/?action=view&current=shot0118.jpg is going to start its gonna BURN :cool:

(nUllSkillZ) #435

[QUOTE=unf4z3d;191153]so, my map is nearing completion…

again i put together a photobucket album, with 30 pics…

ive change a lot, added a lot, and the obj is nearly done now :slight_smile: doing spawns

enjoy :slight_smile:

(edit: forgot to lighten the ss to et levels :))

and a teaser to make u clikc the link:

http://s680.photobucket.com/albums/vv168/unf4z3d/map/[/QUOTE]

Looks pretty dark.

(shagileo) #436

Not bad, but I agree with Qualmi

(unf4z3d) #437

ty for comments

indy: yeah im adding ridges and grooves in the terrain

qualmi: lol, i wish i knew HOW to make a skybox XD ill get around tto that l8r… do you have any good tuts?

(Qualmi) #438

i know its a bit offtopic, but here a short little explanation:

put this

/*QUAKED _skybox (0.77 0.88 1.0) (-4 -4 -4) (4 4 4)
-------- KEYS --------
"angle" : rotation angle of the sky surfaces.
"angles" : Individual control of PITCH, YAW, and ROLL (default 0 0 0).
"_scale" : scaling factor (default 64), good values are between 50 and 300, depending on the map.
-------- SPAWNFLAGS --------
(none)
-------- NOTES --------
Compiler-only entity that specifies a the origin of a skybox (a wholly contained, seperate area of the map), similar to some games' portal skies. When compiled with Q3Map2, the skybox surfaces will be visible from any place where sky is normally visible. It will cast shadows on the normal parts of the map, and can be used with cloud layers and other effects.
*/

in scripts/et_entities.def. get your self the latest q3map2 and read this -> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Q3Map2#_skybox_tutorial, actually it only tells you to create a box and put your skyboxentity in it. thats it. very easy :slight_smile:

(unf4z3d) #439

k, ty, i also added soome fog :slight_smile:

will see how it turns out next time i run the 7 hour compile lol

(unf4z3d) #440

WARNING : Link has 1600x1200 images, adding to a total of about 6mb

high res pics of my map: http://s680.photobucket.com/albums/vv168/unf4z3d/map1600x1200/

enjoy, sry bout tha bandwidth :slight_smile: