Add shuffle limit already!

(D'@athi) #42

And plx not forget counting-in the auto-shuffles executed by the voted restarts… thx.
Some reta… ehm… noob… ehm… beginne… ehm… people having played at least a few hours! won’t get, that even after a billion shuffles ONE TEAM WILL WIN, most of the time, at least, if the server didn’t crash do to it.

(Begin2018) #43

The exception that proves the rule. But we need to ask the 11 other players to know what they think about it, not sure everyone has the same feeling.

It’s still 95% of annoying abusive shuffle for 5% of justified one. Anyway, it was possible to just wait the next match, isn’t it?

(Begin2018) #44

And how do you balance this?

With shuffle? Lol

(Mustang) #45

I’m curious, how do the people that criticise shuffle think it works, do you think it’s completely random or what?

(GatoCommodore) #46

Most of the shuffle is pretty broken tho.
One time it grouped all the newbies under 1 dude who scored like 20k
Would the 20k dude change the tide of the game? Not really. Because its a bunch of newbies and they get stomped by seasoned players even when they got 1 good player on their side.

(Begin2018) #47

Not at all, that’s why I think the auto-shuffle at the beginning is enough. And the experience prove it. Most vote shuffle are just useless and break the stopwatch.

By the way, nobody criticise the shuffle itself, but the ability to manually call a vote shuffle.

But if you have some precision on how the algorithm works, feel free to share it with us.

(Your worst knifemare.) #48

The first match was just 1 guy carrying, the 2nd match was just bad luck for the other team.

It didnt have to be fixed.

(Begin2018) #49

Exactly, mainly because it’s just impossible to balance in this conditions. By the way, both switched team just before the end, that’s why they lost in both case. Then no need to spam vote shuffle during the whole match as people do.

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #50

“It’s okay for me to be an asshole because other people are being assholes too.”

(kopyright) #51

Yes, if it does not work out, as already written above. I would have expected better snark from you.

(Your worst knifemare.) #52

So what happens when it’s a 4 v 7, what’s the best way to balance that without shuffle?

(D'@athi) #53

Wait for the autobalance, we’ve all been waiting for the 4th year, now, and let it switch the right player over.

… i forgot… “CMM WILL FIX IT!!!”

(Begin2018) #54

Esc => Switch team.
You can also use in-game chat and say “4v7, can someone switch please?”

And/or wait few seconds, new players will join. Usually, the time I type the message, someone already switch or players joined the server…

I feel like most of you are just shuffle addicts lol

(Press E) #55

But team switching can be abused. I’ve seen lots of high level players switch onto the other team to play with their friends and stack a team. Sometimes it completely ruins the match!

See where I’m going with this?
Surprise surprise, most of the content in DB is open to abuse in one way or another. That doesn’t mean removing it is a practical option

(GatoCommodore) #56

Thats why the title of discussion is add shuffle limit

(Begin2018) #57

You can only switch is some circumstances, not if the server is full or same number of players in each team. It’s way less abusive than random spam shuffle vote. And playing with friends, why not?

(Press E) #59

Shuffling has a lot of requirements too though. Most notably, it takes several people to vote yes to actually pass one. And if a shuffle passes, whether or not you think it’s annoying, the end result is usually balanced, meaning you can still very well continue to enjoy the game.
Whereas with a team switch, a server can stay balanced as long as the good and bad players are evenly spread across both teams. When a good player switches onto the other team with another good player, balance is ruined.

Point being, both shuffle and switching have the potential to ruin matches. So why do you support one over the other, even though both fit the same complaints you raised? I’ve personally seen switching abused more than shuffle, so does that mean we should remove it?

(Press E) #66

This whole thread should probably be closed tbh. It’s about run its course, and we’re just going in circles now

(D'@athi) #67

Probably the first time, we two really comply.
So thx SD for this singularity in time and space, all it took was your ignorance of player-balance. :stuck_out_tongue:

(ASD) #70

also I think you should be on the server for some minimum time befor you are able to start a vote
alot of stupid restart/shuffle votes comes from players wich just joined… the start a vote before they fire the first bullet