3 teams 1 cup

(Celebrian) #41

I’m still not sure that I have enough people at least for one team

(Graver) #42

Well… I guess that explains everything :smiley:

(Rex) #43

What about Maridia, Radar and Comm Link?

(Graver) #44

Radar is great :slight_smile:

(Snotling) #45

No radar in 5v5!! :penguin:

(Rex) #46

What a pity :frowning: And the other two maps?

(Graver) #47

Why not? What’s wrong with Radar? So… IMO there’s a place only for “common link”, maridia sucks…

(.Chris.) #48

Radar, Maridia and comlink are all better suited for 5v5 than most of the stock maps proposed… Canal and Meltdown could even work 5v5.

However custom maps are evil and shouldn’t be widely used, teams will moan having to learn them so just pick one if want to include them, I’d pick Radar.

(rUBBEN) #49

Snotling meant there’s no radar, the deployable, in 5v5…

If people want to custom, please make a custom server up for the cup, we just won’t do it, but if there’s one, we can add the maps to the map pool.

(Rex) #50

Chris can you set up a server with radar, maridia and comm link?

Absolutely right. Last cup more people preferred to have easy wins on their home map instead of playing an exciting match on uncommon maps.
I guess there will be also some people who moan about 5on5 because it is not 4on4 :smiley:

(.Chris.) #51

I don’t know how.

[QUOTE=Rex;405555]Absolutely right. Last cup more people preferred to have easy wins on their home map instead of playing an exciting match on uncommon maps.
I guess there will be also some people who moan about 5on5 because it is not 4on4 :D[/QUOTE]

Agreed on both accounts. Also I assume any propub servers that get active now will also run a 4v4 config even if server gets full.

(rUBBEN) #52

How do you know, you haven’t come on propubs since the berlin wall fell down.

(.Chris.) #53

I stopped going on them for that very reason, I doubt much changed since all cups before were 4v4 only.

(Dthy) #54

Iirc, ad custom has them. Carry on.

(Snotling) #55

Ok, next time I’ll make a joke I warn you before, I swear.

(.N.E.R.D.) #56

Actually, I think Rex has a good Point there, why don’t you make the cup custom only ?
TV shouldn’t be a problem cause no viewers means no tv needed :slight_smile:

(alphabeta) #57

The Crypt promod server has Maridia, Radar and CommLink as the first 3 maps. Unfortunately every time I think I can work on the Custom Campaign so that you aren’t kicked between maps, work gets in the way. If someone could help me, our server could be used for all NA matches.

(.Chris.) #58

Scrupus is your best bet for setting up custom servers, he ran the Nirvana custom server and only had 1 restart and no kicking between maps.

(Jakoby) #59

ill be a backup for any team. That is if you want a useless player on a crappy laptop. But if i can get bullet hell ppl together then ill play for them.

(rUBBEN) #60

No custom because I don’t like it, but if someone runs a custom cup I will come with my team. Nobody is going to run one anyway, so I take no risk by saying this. :slight_smile: