3 teams 1 cup

(Dthy) #21

Looks like it’ll be 5v5 (yay!) Nub looking for a team if he can get a headset.

(Kl3ppy) #22

bahahaha that would look so funny :smiley:

(Dthy) #23

Didn’t we do this on ad custom server once? I think we did then crashed it spawning 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000 mcp’s.

(rUBBEN) #24

I think we will proceed this way :

It will be a single elimination cup, but wih a looser brackets. On a first week-end, we do the 1/8 finals, half of the team are eliminated and go to the loser bracket, the second half goes on the competion for the first place. Then, on the following week-ends, we do the 1/4, the teams who are eliminated also go to the second part of the loser bracket, etc etc…

What do you think about it ? We could do that on 3 consecutive week-ends ?

(rUBBEN) #25

or maybe, just like old TLR cups, each wednesday we do a quick cup

edit : actually, I think that’s the best option, because we don’t need a huge amount of teams with a TLR like cup => everyone is sure to play at least 1 official match per week.

At the moment, we got failM4CH1NE, Stupidoz, Villa, Bobry z Drewa (are you going to find 5 players graver ?), and another french line-up dunno the name yet. CrYpT looked interested, as well as 40%. If we can have 1 or 2 teams more, it’s so perfect.

btw if you can’t/won’t sign-up on the website by yourself, just tell me name/flag/players and I can add you manually.

(Graver) #26

yep rUBBEN, I will find more :slight_smile:

(_Wizard_) #27

Let me get confirmation with our other guys and girls on the dates, but I’m sure TAW NA would be interested in a 5v5! :slight_smile:

(aSHARK) #28

I would love to join But… I have no team so if anyone is interested in me? Let me know =D -aSHARK

(rUBBEN) #29

@aSHARK : where are you from ? I can try to gather clanless players, I know this dthwsh cheater guy is looking for one :stuck_out_tongue:

@ Wizard : guys and girls, sounds interesting :wink:

(rUBBEN) #30

What about doing the first edition on the 3rd of October, wednesday ? Or you prefer the 26th of spetember ?

(aSHARK) #31

Im from the netherlands,15 years old,working microphone and not bad in speaking english.

(Graver) #32

Is rly hard to tell right now if I will be avi on the 3rd of October :smiley:

(Dthy) #33

I’m only a suspected cheater on some servers I’ll have you know! And I’m not even sure If I’ll have time to play the cup anyway. lol. I know I wouldn’t be able to make any September date.

(Graver) #34

rUBBEN, plz set in cfg prediction to 0 - 20

(_Wizard_) #35

Alright, we can field a TAW team with: Cullen, ExquisitExamplE, LuckyCharm, Nemesis, Sweet, Todbot, and Wizard (pending another confirmation from mbiii/Spliff_7). Considering we’re all NA though, can we request games on weekdays to be after 5 PM CST (23:00 GMT)? Thanks! :slight_smile:

(Gradis) #36

throw my dusty cap in ring.

(Gvardman) #37

[QUOTE=rUBBEN;405415]I think we will proceed this way :

It will be a single elimination cup, but wih a looser brackets. On a first week-end, we do the 1/8 finals, half of the team are eliminated and go to the loser bracket, the second half goes on the competion for the first place. Then, on the following week-ends, we do the 1/4, the teams who are eliminated also go to the second part of the loser bracket, etc etc…
What do you think about it ? We could do that on 3 consecutive week-ends ?[/QUOTE]
Isn’t single elimination with looser bracket = double elimination ?

(.N.E.R.D.) #38

Me thinks, maybe me is searching for a team toooooooooo

(Dope) #39

Frankie, I already invited you… :rolleyes:

(Graver) #40

create a new team .N.E.R.D. :slight_smile:
I dunno why 40% won’t make 2 teams,