You overnerfed the Grandeur

(watsyurdeal) #1

So, let’s get some numbers out of the way.

Grandeur
Headshot Damage: 80
Bodyshot Damage: 32
Total DPS: 128
Average DPS: 96

Refer to this sheet for ttk and dps vs other guns

The Grandeur’s bodyshot dps is now 128, 96 on average. And in terms of TTK and damage output, it is outclassed by the majority of the automatic weapons. Even if you land a single headshot, it is not enough to finish off people sometimes because of limb damage. So you’ll typically kill in 3-4 shots, and that’s while you wrestle with aim punch and the recoil.

If this is how you’re going to leave it you better change the accuracy, cause right now the gun is almost borderline impossible to get consistent results with. You have to nail double headshots to win your fights, period.

(SaulWolfden) #2

I’m actually considering dropping him entirely since my favorite card on him uses the GSR. I don’t want to use the PDP and the Dreiss just isn’t the same playstyle.

(watsyurdeal) #3

@SaulWolfden said:
I’m actually considering dropping him entirely since my favorite card on him uses the GSR. I don’t want to use the PDP and the Dreiss just isn’t the same playstyle.

Tbh if they just removed max spread and bloom from it, and just gave it a little more recoil, that would at least be tolerable. Cause it doesn’t matter if you can spam accurate bodyshots with it, you’re still killing people slower than any automatic.

(ragnak) #4

Burst weapons should kill slower than automatic ones simply because of that alpha damage that automatics dont have, but i am all for better accuracy.

(Guziol) #5

Maybe it’s finally time for better sights on grandeur.

(GatoCommodore) #6

its really bad now

they need to buff the magazine if they nerf the bodyshot.
grandeur isnt exactly the most comfortable gun to shoot with the iron sight and not the best rifle there is.

this is like Bastion nerf

(watsyurdeal) #7

Something I don’t get, they can clearly change the headshot damage…so why not just nerf headshot damage a little? 70 damage headshots instead of 80? Literally the only thing about the Grandeur that I thought was op was the 1 hit ko on Sparks and Aura.

Or hell just nerf the damage to 35 and keep headshots at 70, I just do not see why they felt they had to nerf it this hard.

(GatoCommodore) #8

@watsyurdeal said:
Something I don’t get, they can clearly change the headshot damage…so why not just nerf headshot damage a little? 70 damage headshots instead of 80? Literally the only thing about the Grandeur that I thought was op was the 1 hit ko on Sparks and Aura.

Or hell just nerf the damage to 35 and keep headshots at 70, I just do not see why they felt they had to nerf it this hard.

they nerf Snipers then proceed to add javelin to the game
Bravo SD.

(GabebutGood) #9

I have also used the Grandeur it just felt bad every shot felt unrewarding if it wasn’t a headshot even then felt weird. They are probably gonna have to change something.

The thing that ticks me off about the nerf is this quote about the revolvers/snipers nerf

“Similar to the high-damage Sniper Rifles, we want to reduce the body damage here but keep the current headshot damage to** encourage people to take their time with these shots**.”

I personally just don’t think in DB its viable to “take your time with the shot”, if the gameplay was a bit slower then sure. Having a half second to make shot, iam not sure where I could find much more time before iam dead/the shot is gone ?

If someone understands the “real” meaning do please explain (Am actually confused by this logic)

(watsyurdeal) #10

@GabebutGood said:
I have also used the Grandeur it just felt bad every shot felt unrewarding if it wasn’t a headshot even then felt weird. They are probably gonna have to change something.

The thing that ticks me off about the nerf is this quote about the revolvers/snipers nerf

“Similar to the high-damage Sniper Rifles, we want to reduce the body damage here but keep the current headshot damage to** encourage people to take their time with these shots**.”

I personally just don’t think in DB its viable to “take your time with the shot”, if the gameplay was a bit slower then sure. Having a half second to make shot, iam not sure where I could find much more time before iam dead/the shot is gone ?

If someone understands the “real” meaning do please explain (Am actually confused by this logic)

No you’re dead on

It’s not possible to take your time with your shots when you have to deal with cooked nades, Nader, Javin, Sticky Bomb Spam, Arty Strikes, bunny hopping shotgunners, aimpunch, people hiding around corners, etc

Until this games ttk changes, the guns spread is more consistent, and aimpunch is purely visual for hipfire. This sort of style of play just will not be viable.

(watsyurdeal) #11

Suggested changes are

Bodyshot damage to 35, headshot damage to 75. Or 40 and 70 preferably.
Change spread to go to max bloom after firing, so close range spam is toned done and more luck based.
Change the time it takes to go from max bloom, to initial starting spread, to about 1/6 th of a second. This effectively means you are firing 3 pinpoint accurate shots per minute. Reward in the player for consistency and taking time between shots.
Adding a ACOG style sight to it, and removing or minimizing the recoil while adding like they did with the Blishok.

(Szakalot) #12

its not complete trash but its definitely significantly weaker. Someone said better sights, imo that would be great; allowing redeye to be more threatening with them headshots.

Still very powerful against sparks/aura and the smoke+IR also still has significant potential, but its definitely not viable to juke people around corners so easily, Redeye tends to get pushed and punished. Tryhards will probably take a second look at dreiss.

(Dysfnal) #13

change it back and reduce ROF so you can’t spam anymore, it’s so simple

(GabebutGood) #14

@Szakalot said:
its not complete trash but its definitely significantly weaker. Someone said better sights, imo that would be great; allowing redeye to be more threatening with them headshots.

Still very powerful against sparks/aura and the smoke+IR also still has significant potential, but its definitely not viable to juke people around corners so easily, Redeye tends to get pushed and punished. Tryhards will probably take a second look at dreiss.

Exactly what I did LOL

(woodchip) #15

The important thing is that the nerf is far more impactful than a 15% DPS loss. In practice it means it takes 1 additional bodyshot to kill most characters. You can’t headshot -body tap 120 mercs and you can’t double body aura or sparks. TTK was increased by 30-50% against 80hp and 120hp mercs. That’s massive and immediately noticeable.

It makes the grandeur real weak, IMO it is the weakest primary in the game right now.

I would recommend increasing the headshot damage to 85 and bodyshot damage to 35 so that it has its its old behavior against 120 hp mercs.

Right now it takes 2 body and 1 headshot or 2 headshots to down a standard rifledude. To do the same thing the Dreiss only needs to land 1 extra bodyshot. But the Dreiss has almost double the ROF and half the spread.

(GatoCommodore) #16

@woodchip said:
The important thing is that the nerf is far more impactful than a 15% DPS loss. In practice it means it takes 1 additional bodyshot to kill most characters. You can’t headshot -body tap 120 mercs and you can’t double body aura or sparks. TTK was increased by 30-50% against 80hp and 120hp mercs. That’s massive and immediately noticeable.

It makes the grandeur real weak, IMO it is the weakest primary in the game right now.

I would recommend increasing the headshot damage to 85 and bodyshot damage to 35 so that it has its its old behavior against 120 hp mercs.

Right now it takes 2 body and 1 headshot to down a standard rifledude. To do the same thing the Dreiss only needs to land 1 extra bodyshot. But

but dreiss has more ammo in magazine.

they need to buff grandeur ammo and speed if they want to nerf the damage.

(Guziol) #17

I try to make it work but it’s just too bad right now. Everytime i use it i feel like i would do way better with dreiss.

(Tehumanairstrik) #18

Tried it once. only problem is that after one shot, its barely accurate from the hip.
then again, this is coming from a lover of the hochfir.

(GatoCommodore) #19

@Tehumanairstrik said:
Tried it once. only problem is that after one shot, its barely accurate from the hip.
then again, this is coming from a lover of the hochfir.

oh its accurate if you gets the first shot.

(Whetstone) #20

They clearly never tested this gun(actually all the weapons) when they made the changes and they just adjust numbers without considering what’s happening in game.

Grandeur was already on a decent spot. They nerfed it like was the “go-to” weapon by players. Too bad though, I feel like they will never/takes forever to change this since only few players uses it and they are introducing more primary weapons in the future.