Wtf? 10 seconds for a single sparks pack?

(Xenithos) #1

I don’t know if this is a bug, but since when did it take Sparks without extra supplies 10 whole stinking seconds to get a single med pack? Are you sereiously telling me I can only heal one teammate per spawn wave!?

(nokiII) #2

I don’t know if this is a bug, but since when did it take Sparks without extra supplies 10 whole stinking seconds to get a single med pack?

Since forever.

(Xenithos) #3

Thanks, thoughts? Contributions to discussion?

(nokiII) #4

There is nothing to discuss mate. You asked if the packs got their CD changed and I told you, they haven’t.

(Xenithos) #5

Alright, let’s phrase this differently, do you think it’s right for Sparks to take 10 seconds to gain one single pack? That was in my original post, but I probably didn’t phrase it well.

(Ptiloui) #6

It was nerfed some patches ago, to avoid players using medpacks only for themselves. Suprised you didn’t noticed this yet ^^

(nokiII) #7

No, it’s completely fine.
Sparks healing output is already super powerful, no need to buff it further.
She is the medic who can patch up 130hp mercs and less the fastest.
She can do that once per spawn and still have 3 packs for herself.
For everything else there are kill revives, which are also a lot better on her than on any other medic due to range.

It was nerfed some patches ago, to avoid players using medpacks only for themselves. Suprised you didn’t noticed this yet ^^

SD has changed the HP given to medics (including herself), not the cooldown.

(Ptiloui) #8

My bad, you’re right.

I had known moments when all my medpacks were on cooldown while my teammates were in need of healing (while being the only medic ofc). But the RevivR is pretty strong to compensate this, because of the ability to revvie from afar. Though with Sparks, more than with Sawbonez, you should be sure to always get direct hit with her tiny medpacks.

(Your worst knifemare.) #9

It takes 10 seconds because that’s the amount of time it takes Sparps to fill each medpack with icecream. :sparks:

(bgyoshi) #10

There’s a reason why Sparks is a garbage medic compared to…pretty much everyone else

BUT MUH LONG RANGE INSTA-RES

Yeah whatever. Trash heal packs, trash weapons, trash HP, trash class.

(AlbinMatt) #11

Never played Sparks, but every time I play with one, she never ever heals me. Most of the time, I find her on some weird perch like those second floors on Underground, trying to out-MLG the Vaseline Squad.

Also, I’m usually lawful neutral, but… @Lord_Coctus present your argument.

(Your worst knifemare.) #12

@AlbinMatt this stolen from an old corner of the art section of these forums gives you all the evidence.

(Press E) #13

Sparks isn’t supposed to heal people, she’s supposed to revive them. The medpacks are more for you than other people.
Just keep an eye on your teammate’s health, keep behind cover and revive them before they can hit the ground, it’s not hard.

It’s pretty easy to get 40 revives in a single match with her, where 20 is standard for every other medic. And as long as you’re giving full revivr charges she really doesn’t need to be able to heal teammates at all

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #14

I still like to share them with my team, although they sure like to dodge them when I throw

(HadronZodiac) #15

So basically her trashy 39hp packs, have the same cooldown as a 100% healz mega pack? Wow devs, i approve

(bgyoshi) #16

The trade-off being that she gives instant HP, while 100% packs regenerate health and are cancelled if you take damage.

(HadronZodiac) #17

Thats not a good trade off, you basically get to restore 160 hp in 40 seconds, 40 per 10 seconds.
If you have any sawbonez common sense your packs shouldnt even be getting cancled that much, about 25% lost, average merc health of 115, you get an average of 86.25 health per 10 seconds, more than double those tiny packs…

I say reduce the minipacks to 7-8 seconds and id be ok with it ig

(Xenithos) #18

I’d be much happier if they were just at a 7-8 second cooldown as well, she just feels so garbage unless you’re banking as much as freaking possible on the revivr in a pub.

(bgyoshi) #19

I’m honestly fine with the mediocre healing. She just needs a real weapon. She’d be a mediocre/bad healer in exchange for long range ressurection and speed. With her weapons also being garbage, she’s just… not useful compared to a medic that can both heal, res, AND kill

(Press E) #20

Her medpacks don’t have to be as good as other healing abilities though. Her revivr is amazing as long as you know how to use it, so much so that even if she didn’t have medpacks at all she still wouldn’t be useless.

You should be saving the medpacks for yourself more than anyone else. If a teammate is low on health, just keep watching them and you can easily revive them before they even hit the ground.