Wolfenstein: ET Master Server Back In Action

(Mateos) #21

It seems to be down again…

(hellreturn) #22

It’s up. Probably network maintenance.

(Domagoj) #23

Hoooraaay, thank you SD and ID, and Paul and ofc u Badman for informing us :smiley:

(ailmanki) #24

:penguin:
Thanks!

(iDan) #25

Always news like this is good, just a shame it took so long :(.

The downloads for ET have gone down a lot. ET was 7th most downloaded game on a few websites, it’s not in top 10 any more.

(OldMan2011) #26

Wonderful, Thanks! :slight_smile:

(iDan) #27

What about the RTCW master server? People are still playing the game!

(badman) #28

RTCW master should be back up as well, iDan.

(Domagoj) #29

Badman, lOoks like ur the santa clause this year :wink:

(Dr.JackaSS) #30

thx Guys :slight_smile:

now small Clans have a chance again to exist.

Really great Badman :smiley:

(iDan) #31

Nope, unless I’m doing it wrong?:stuck_out_tongue:

(Tankey) #32

Still curious why it did take soo long…

(avery) #33

My thoughts exactly! My clan will be able to grow now!

Question: Does this update automatically go onto the server-side of work? It says there are no updates needed for clients, but do I need to add anything to my config to make sure it is picked up by the Master List?

(badman) #34

As far as I know, this is a like-for-like replacement of the old master server in terms of functionality so no changes should be needed to make your server appear in the list.

(cheesy) #35

Thanks to everyone involved in the effort to get this list back up. Including those working on various resolutions in response to this. I personally want to thank Rudi for taking the time to make a host service, Harekin and Schnoog for finally considering updating their installer and website. And everyone that said “yes” to the project I was working on. It was a long time…too long, and there was a lot of time invested and arguably wasted as a result of these shenanigans. Something that could have been prevented…but that’s life.

Let’s also recognize the small clans and owners out there, clinging on to dead servers for several months.

(Mateos) #36

Thanks for everything o/

(BigBear) #37

Yeah Very Big Thanks to All :slight_smile:

Find here the Auto Installer for Clients Normal Master Server Versions 2.55 & 2.60B :
Windows Clients Auto Installer Normal Master Server Client

(zbzero) #38

Thank you Badman for you time and for give a hope to everyone who still enjoy or want give a try to this amazing game.

(Rudi) #39

Guys, just a note if you’re using my proxy service…

You do not need to uninstall it, that is the whole point of the service. If id software’s master server is online, it will use that, if not, it will use etmaster.net.

The whole point of the proxy (rather than hosts file modification) is resilience, so if one goes down, it will switch to the other. If anything, I’d recommend that you get others to install it in case this happens again any time soon… Better safe than sorry :wink:

(Joe999) #40

OMG a big THANK YOU!!! Awesomeness!!! :stroggtapir::penguin::D:stroggbanana::stroggtapir: