Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory Map Source Files Released

(phisherman) #41

Ok big thanks first that you help me, but I just started mapping and I dont have a real idea of it yet. So you would need to tell me how to make a .ase out of the tunnel.
I’m sorry for that. :-/

(phisherman) #42

Since nobody answered me, I looked for a solution myself, but didnt find one. Please tell me, how can I avoid this error? Do I have to put all the brushes together to make one large brush? Do I have to save/export it as an ase and import it afterwards? And how is that done?

Please help me, I would really like to be able to play my map.

(Gimpsta) #43

You may want to ask this question in the mapping forum

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8

(phisherman) #44

Ah ok thank you, I’ll do that. [noparse]:)[/noparse]

(valkyr) #45

Oh yeah, I meant to say… maybe try decompiling sw_oasis_b3 and see if that’s any different.

Just an idea.

(varsovie) #46

I want to use those map sources to build levels for another gamer like HL2 (Hammer) or Call Of Duty Modern Warefare.
Is it law allowed - shall i put any credits / law restrictions etc. ?

For me is fun to play Counter Strike on Oasis or in another non-W:ET engine game but i won’t break law and go to jail.
Can somebody authorized from SD Forum respond how far mentioned open map sources are freely to use in any kind of publication ?

(Nail) #47

you are allowed "limited right to use the Software to create your own modifications (the “New Creations”) for operation only with the full version of the software game WOLFENSTEIN™: ENEMY TERRITORY™ "

so legally, no

(badman) #48

What Nail said. :slight_smile:

(varsovie) #49

Is it possible to use for scene like Machinima ex. Youtube ET Christmas

Use only map source to make some ~ ET environment for fans.
Target media is Youtube movie OR funny picture.
It will be never game or native map source. Usually just funny movie like shown from YOutube.

Is it possible to use shared map source in this way ?

(eiM) #50

as long as you do not publish anything noone will mind whatever you do with the sources. A video of edited maps shouldnt be an issue either.

(Dragonji) #51

[QUOTE=Fluffy_gIMp;178968]I should have never told you they even existed :slight_smile:
Yep 10 years sounds good :D[/QUOTE]
It’s already 11 years old and still no news about unreleased maps :o

We deserve a gift for Christmas this year Fluffy :wink:

(twt_thunder) #52

[QUOTE=Dragonji;511033]It’s already 11 years old and still no news about unreleased maps :o

We deserve a gift for Christmas this year Fluffy :wink:[/QUOTE]
agree you said 10… Now its 11…

(Fluffy_gIMp) #53

oh snap! I’m still looking! :wink:

(twt_thunder) #54

Found it yet?? :smiley:

(Mateos) #55

I have some bad news; I asked about these sources during a DB stream on Twitch, and it seems years ago that an hardware crash occurred, and that the files are now lost :confused: Fluffy_gIMp answered btw

Stream Source:
SplashDamageLTD Apr 17, 2015 http://www.twitch.tv/splashdamageltd/v/4093514 (4h 18min)

2 hours 25 min 50 sec: Fluffy_gIMp enter stream

2 hours 29 min 15 sec Fluffy_gIMp talk about source files / reveal they are lost due to a server crash.

Thanks again for the stream SD. Lovely how nice and casual things were.

(Mateos) #57

Thank you for digging it up :slight_smile: