Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory Map Source Files Released

(kamikazee) #21

You could try to ask editWorld-releated concerns on the community forums, maybe someone managed to do it.

(TigerFoe) #22

Yes they have, Pestilence to be exact:

(Avoc) #23

Awesome =)

This is really appriciated! Now, we just need the never-released maps and we will never be able to ask for anything, anymore :smiley:
Perhaps when ET is 10 years old ;D

(Pegazus) #24

Yes the lost maps should be released too one day :slight_smile: If not today maybe tommorow, but i will wait ^^

If you cant release it, maybe show some pictures :smiley:

(Fluffy_gIMp) #25

[quote=Avoc;178963]Awesome =)
Now, we just need the never-released maps and we will never be able to ask for anything, anymore :smiley:
Perhaps when ET is 10 years old ;D[/quote]

I should have never told you they even existed :slight_smile:
Yep 10 years sounds good :smiley:

(Pegazus) #26

10 years :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

(Igloo) #27

Is it so boring game that ET maps have to be imported to QW? xD I think you rather need quake3 maps as it’s fantastic shooter and does have nothing to do with real ET gameplay :wink: Nor quake’s fragging atmosphere.

Greetings,
Igloo

(private101) #28

So, if SD gives us another birthday present this year, im guessing its somewhere between the lost maps and the buildmds used to make mdm and mdx models (the player model t

lets hope we even get a birthday present tho XD

(aaa3) #29

oh the lost maps… i totally agree, these would worth even the 1 year necroposting :wink:

(stealth6) #30

let’s all talk about the lost maps again… NOT
I believe we came to some sort of conclusion last time that they were property of ID so splashdamage couldn’t release them, plus if they weren’t good enough then why would they be now.

(shagileo) #31

Because other mappers can make them better then :slight_smile:

• we’re all curious about the ‘those-who-we-don’t-speak-of’ maps

(Nail) #32

I thought we came to the conclusion there were no MAPS, but just concepts and rough ideas, no real hard assets. Although we should hold Fluffy to his promise and get him to release any leftover models, textures, or terrains they still have lying around on the 10th Anniversary

:wink:

(Pegazus) #33

[quote=Nail;189365]Although we should hold Fluffy to his promise and get him to release any leftover models, textures, or terrains they still have lying around on the 10th Anniversary
[/quote]

Can’t wait, i’l start counting days till 10th Anniversary :slight_smile:

(aaa3) #34

i dont like the “other mappers will finish/make better em” argument but on contrary a full supporter of the “out of curiosity” one - we just wanna see it, we are fans and lovers of the ET game and we are interested about these old concepts and other stuff whatever they are. about property and sd cant do it on their own - maybe the wording was imperfect of the asker, its right its not only on sd; but hey dont go on rampage on this - werent the same agreeing of id/acti/whoever needed for the 6 source maps? yet they are here for everybody’s hapyness; (and we didnt see new ripped off maps based on them, all who wanted to release such maps, either for nice reasons (tournament editions, or seasonal novelty guises (easter)) or for pure lameness, already did it well before the release. we didnt see a horde of new railgun/oasis/whatever maps appearinmg afte rit.)

(Jecoliah) #35

Uh, anybody notice, say for instance Oasis, all the ASE models are missing, one would have to rebuild all that stuff. Are the ASE files available?

(valkyr) #36

Doubt it.

The only real problem would be the tunnels, but you could decompile the BSP and copy the missing parts into the source.

(phisherman) #37

[QUOTE=valkyr;204808]The only real problem would be the tunnels, but you could decompile the BSP and copy the missing parts into the source.[/QUOTE]I tried that, but the compilation fails ( have a look at the attachment ). It would be really really kind of you, valkyr, if you could help me with that, because I would really hate to not be able to play my Oasis-Compilation just because of those damn tunnels.

And somehow the mapper of Oasis SW managed to compile his map too. Please help me with that, this would be very very nice.

//I found this topic, maybe it helps. I dont know how to compile a map via .bat, I always click BSP and then the first one [ (single) BSP -meta ]. I hope it helps.

//Found this one too. I’m very new to mapping, and I dont really know how it works, but I try to learn it. I read sth about that there are too many tiny brushes. The tunnels consist of MANY little brushes, would it help to merge them to one large brush? And how is that done?

//Seems like this buddy was able to fix it himself: (link)

(ailmanki) #38

if you do decompile it, you will not get the ase…
Even though you get something usable…
pm me if you want to know how to decompile it… , its sad though that these ase have not been released.

(phisherman) #39

No, not the .ase-models, but the tunnel brushes. I copied both tunnels and pasted them into my oasis mapfile, but when I want to compile it, I get the error I told you about.

I know how to, as I said I already did, but I cant compile my oasis with the brushes from the decompiled version pasted in. :-/

(ailmanki) #40

maybe try to make an ase out of them first,
missunderstood totally ^^.

as it fails in tjunctions section, maybe forcing it to not create t-junctions helps… but then you get probably tons of sparklies…