Wolf: MP

(Chronicler) #142

No, but as I wrote, if you have Quake Wars I can show you, otherwise maybe I can take some screenshots

(Mateos) #143

I have ETQW but only can download/play the week-ends so I’ll choose the screens if you’re OK ^^’

(Chronicler) #144

Private message me your e-mail and I’ll send them to you once I’ve taken some

EDIT: Btw, also check my custom public thread in the main forum and tell me which ones are Wolfenstein map. I don’t think Gold Rush is in that list though.

(Susefreak) #145

Little hint, don’t know if it’s the latest but: http://bravehardt.com/TAW/Quake_Wars/Custom_Maps/base/ contains the map and mega

edit: Actually: http://bravehardt.com/TAW/Quake_Wars/Numerobis/
It also contains Goldrush. Do some digging around on that site, before I left ETQW I posted a whole bunch of stuff on there ETQW related, from the Korean ETQW version assets to the tribes mod and 23rd century warfare

(Chronicler) #146

I also e-mailed screenshots now though, but yeah, that website also works if you want to manually download so you can check map for yourself.

(BackSnip3) #147

Hello everyone,

I’m glad to see people are still talking about this project! Unfortunately as Chris said, life always gets in the way of our projects!
I’m busy at the moment working half time in a company and half time at university. As a result, I’ve got other things to do than modding. :confused:

Besides, we’d need more people and a real schedule for the project, something that we’re missing right now.
What we need :

• A schedule
  • An experienced C++ programmer
  • A photoshop guy (textures)
  • Any modeller, animator, mapper

We’ve been asking for help on this project for many years and so far not much happened,
if you want to help/contribute to this project in any way, you can :

• PM Chris or myself
  • Go on this IRC channel -> irc://quakenet/biatch
  • Add me on steam, try either “Beecher” or “back_snip3”
  • Send me an email (you can also add me on Skype)

I hope to receive answers! I might post a few tutorials later on, to get people started with the SDK and exporting stuff to the game.

(.Chris.) #148

Regarding maps, Battery is planned to be the only map to be based on an existing map, the reasoning was it is one of the more simpler maps the team was familiar with to port requiring very little additional code to be added to get it working. We have plans for original maps after Battery, the next one most likely centred around Vemork, the hydro facility the Nazis used to make heavy water for their nuclear weapons developments. I made a test terrain which was shown earlier in the thread for this theme of map:

(Teuthis) #149

Love it. Any links to Tutorials? I have the QW Installation Disk, at least I had it when Iived in the US. Since I came back in 2010 i haven’t Seen it. But this project Would be worth Buying a New One in the worst Case. Would Love to See this map.

You Guys seem optimistic so I will Start Reading some Tutorials. As Said, can’t be that hard if it’s gtk like. How is it Script wise? Similar to Q3 Engine scripting as well?

BTW, picture Looks stunning Chris

(BackSnip3) #150

You can check the QW Wiki to get started. Everything is there to make a playable map!
I’ve just started making a tutorial for people to get to ET:QW modding.
I’m not very optimistic, but every person contributing to this project gives it a bigger chance to get released one day!
Making shader files is simpler than in Q3 engine, scripting is made in C++. Check the wiki for examples!

(Infinitypl) #151

Nice news! Hope new maps will be great.

(.Chris.) #152

Trying out different bunker styles, this was today’s test:

(BackSnip3) #153

Looks great Chris! Did you setup TortoiseSVN on your PC? I uploaded some models on it.
See you on IRC

(syborfical) #154

Nice Work.

Me and friends are currently working on a ETQW mod.
More to do with physics and a different time and place.

I can edit guns scipts and get them to work…
Just wondering if you guys have added another gun? And if there is any tutorials on this.
(I can get it work in doom 3 but ETQW just seems to break.)

(.Chris.) #155

BackSnip3 added a MP40 to the game and maybe able to point you in the right direction. All I can suggest for the moment is looking at how existing guns are setup and defined, sadly there doesn’t appear to be any tutorials on the wiki, http://wiki.splashdamage.com/index.php/Enemy_Territory:_QUAKE_Wars

(BackSnip3) #156

I added the mp40 ingame following this:

• Copy the assaultRifle .def file, and edit it to change model file, sounds, animations etc… then save it with the name of your weapon.

Don’t forget to change the inventory item definitions aka “invItemDef” with your weapon’s name in order not to overwrite existing inventory stuff and making a conflict!

• In your mod, edit the \def\players\roles_gdf.def and/or \def\players\roles_strogg.def to add something like this :

itemPackageDef package/weapons/mp40 {
	item					"inventory/weapons/mp40"
}

:infiltrator: BUT ONLY IN ONE OF THE TWO FILES, NOT BOTH!!!

• Later in this files, in “playerClass” declarations, add this somewhere:

option {
    "package/weapons/assaultrifle"
    "package/weapons/law"
    "package/weapons/gpmg"
    "package/weapons/shotgun"
[B]    "package/weapons/mp40"[/B]
}

The previous code adds the weapon in the weapon selection list inside the Limbo menu.

• Or you can add it in PlayerClass-related items such as:
itemPackageDef class_soldier {
	item    "inventory/weapons/knife"
	item    "inventory/weapons/machinepistol"
        item    [B]"inventory/weapons/mp40"[/B]

This gives the weapon automatically to any soldier player when he spawns.

Hope this helps!

(BackSnip3) #157

http://1drv.ms/1u4fnrb
http://1drv.ms/1u4fAdX

(KeMoN) #158

I definitely like your eye for details! Your prop models are coming along really well!
Keep them coming!!

(BackSnip3) #159

Thanks Kemon!
I’m still working on the normalmap of these sandbags.
Next models will be “office” stuff, little objects, tables, chairs… etc

(taw_m0nsta) #160

[QUOTE=.Chris.;426149]

Struggling with textures for the props, they can be added latter though.[/QUOTE]
Wow nice details! Always been a fan of darker rooms, would n mind a little fog here.

(.Chris.) #161

Thanks, when we get someone who can make new effects we’ll be adding that sort of thing in, Wolf09 for it’s faults had that sort of stuff in it’s maps which looked pretty cool, some nice environmental effects, just need to make sure can turn them down/off though.