Wolf: MP

(.Chris.) #383

Always looking for a helping hand if available.

(.Chris.) #384

Quick update,

Battery map is finally ready for initial private testing which will be conducted shortly. For the moment it will be tested using GDF vs Strogg as we don’t have enough assets in place to have all 5 classes for each teams and enough weapons to test it any other way. Adding these missing features will be the next big push.

(taw_m0nsta) #385

Was BackSnip3 able to gather enough feedback? If not we can have another test run tonight. We can also record some demo’s or ask our streamer BioQuake to save his live stream so you can watch it back… First impressions where positive! There are some little bugs and changes needed, for example the spawn location of GDF (which is to open for strogg to spam), and a spawn location on the first forward of GDF (you end up clipped in the ceiling/wall, you probably only get this spawn location with more then 12 players on the server)

(.Chris.) #386

Not heard much back to be honest, been a bit busy lately but if you could list the main bugs that be great help.

Yeah, there is only 12 spawn points per spawn location.

(taw_m0nsta) #387

This happends also with only 6 players on the server. There is just 1 or 2 spawn placeholders at the first gdf forward spawn location that spawns the gdf player inside the top floor/ceiling.

BioQuake made a video last night, now uploading to youtube, should get a link today.

(Nerwitz) #388

@BackSnip3, @Pegazus - fellas…postponed the project or it’s going on in background? Provided good, few details won’t hurt us.:rolleyes:

(BackSnip3) #389

@N3rwitZ, Pegazus dropped the team and hasn’t shown sign of life for quite some time. We haven’t officially cancelled the project even though I hardly see it getting released in this century at this pace…
Chris is making the most at the moment. We had objectives for september but they won’t be met because I haven’t done enough. We aren’t many and we all have work, school or both. + stupid gaming habit that drives me away from modding…

Sorry for all the bad news, but this project has never really started properly because we haven’t got enough people working on it. Also ETQW’s SDK is a pain in the ass for code. Too bad because I could have done stuff there, but I don’t understand how SD managed the (messy) codebase…

(wolfETplayer) #390

[QUOTE=BackSnip3;557658]@N3rwitZ, Pegazus dropped the team and hasn’t shown sign of life for quite some time. We haven’t officially cancelled the project even though I hardly see it getting released in this century at this pace…
Chris is making the most at the moment. We had objectives for september but they won’t be met because I haven’t done enough. We aren’t many and we all have work, school or both. + stupid gaming habit that drives me away from modding…

Sorry for all the bad news, but this project has never really started properly because we haven’t got enough people working on it. Also ETQW’s SDK is a pain in the ass for code. Too bad because I could have done stuff there, but I don’t understand how SD managed the (messy) codebase…[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should look in the direction of something more user friendly like UE4? This engine also has a lot of potential for future projects.Porting Wolfenstein assets to UE4 can’t be very hard, I think. And look at ID Tech 4 it is abandoned by its developers. No support. Poor assets base and messy source code.

(twt_thunder) #391

You are probably right that ue4 would be the right way to go… But it would probably be a pain in the ass getting gtk radiant to work with it :slight_smile:

(wolfETplayer) #392

It won’t work with it.Why stick to the radiant anyway?UE4 has in-built map editor. And it is way more powerful than radiant. The only problem here - is to learn how to work with completely new UE4 environment. Because most of us are used to work in good old ID tech engine environment. I’m trying to getting used to it for now. Trying to recreate forest level from RTCW(should be easy since forest allows much more freedom in terms of mapping, than highly detailed levels like escape1, crypt1, etc.).

P.S. Since you spoked about the Radiant… I’m looking forward to Radiant Black Edition as well, which gonna be released as part of Black Ops III mod tools this year. From what I saw - this is advanced and much more comfortable Radiant which all COD devs are using now. I hope to create some Wolfenstein themed maps with it. There are a lot af WW2 assets in Black Ops III. Also people are starting to port weapons from World At War and CoD2 already.
Here is video about it:[video]http://www.3dmappers.com/component/yendifvideoshare/video/131?start=9[/video]

(twt_thunder) #393

well, I dont port weapons… I make my own:

(wolfETplayer) #394

[QUOTE=twt_thunder;557678]well, I dont port weapons… I make my own:
[/QUOTE]

What I meant to say, is that Black Ops III could be a great opportunity to create something based on Wolfenstein, since there is already a lot of WW2 assets in the game, and not just WW2, but even occult and robotic stuff.

P.S Saw your assets. Keep it up, can’t wait to see these in the game.

(twt_thunder) #395

[QUOTE=wolfETplayer;557679]
P.S Saw your assets. Keep it up, can’t wait to see these in the game.[/QUOTE]
Depending a bit on renderer 2… seems like my computer have problems with it when we put in new textures and models…

(taw_m0nsta) #396

Status poke! Whats up…?

(BackSnip3) #397

Well…kinda nobody working on anything. We’re all getting on working with UE4 engine instead, but lacking motivation to do anything right now… :confused:

(ronboy) #398

That’s a damn shame. Hopefully this project will be continued and eventually finished.

(BackSnip3) #399

I just realized it gets a major team to do anything now. Everything is so much more complex than before, even though the tools are way better.
You can’t expect to release a game without working full-time on it, with several people. I just don’t have the time and/or motivation to do that right now :confused:
I hope to actually make and release something one day, but it’s hard man.

(wolfETplayer) #400

[QUOTE=BackSnip3;566628]I just realized it gets a major team to do anything now. Everything is so much more complex than before, even though the tools are way better.
You can’t expect to release a game without working full-time on it, with several people. I just don’t have the time and/or motivation to do that right now :confused:
I hope to actually make and release something one day, but it’s hard man.[/QUOTE]

I can perfectly understand your struggle. Its very hard to move from something as simple as id tech engines to something different. But I decided for myself - this is something that has to be done.

(OGGeSTRoGGE) #401

Noooo don’t let this go dark. Its a bold statement to ETQW bring back players old and new, I follow this since the start even though I don’t often sign up on forums, I do lurk the enemy territory.

(rorgoroth) #402

I’m still patiently waiting/hoping for some kind of release of this :rofl: