why does BRINK have so much haters ?

(tokamak) #101

I think the class actions elevated it beyond just being a series of touch-downs like in UT. Shame that Brink made a big step back through standardising the actions again.

(sanDIOkan) #102

does someone laughing look angry?

Face the truth. Yours is only an opinion that isnt substaintiated by the facts
And imo it’s still fun … you made me laugh

brink is the anti cod

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahah

(Verticae) #103

The weapon diversity between classes was a great touch, as well; it forced more creative playstyles. Brink completely eliminated that aspect.

(tokamak) #104

On paper it was.

(LordofNosgoth) #105

Because it’s rife with hackers. Seriously. I just got out of three seperate games where dudes were space warping the agent, insta-gibbing with every weapon (instant kill, no incap) and were somehow able to enter enemy spawn areas and not be killed by turrets and spawn kill the entire team. With no medics on the enemy teams, I watched WATCHED soldiers and engineers (actual players, mind you) revive themselves. I watched as players grabbed the objective, suddenly disappeared from right in front of me while I shot them (on a server where the highest ping was 43) and then reappear at the spot where they put that objective (Refuel). I’m tired of it. I used to love this game. But now it seems like everytime I get on, there’s a new hacker.

(zenstar) #106

What platform are you on? The Dissappearing/reappearing thing sounds a lot like lag switching.
But yeah: when the player pool is so small a couple of hackers are going to crop up a lot more noticably than in a bigger population.

(tangoliber) #107

He must be on PC, since he mentions servers and ping…

What server were you playing on? I’ve never noticed anything like that ever… … Well, you can get past turrets and into enemy spawns on almost every map pretty easily…but other than that…

I don’t understand why anyone would go to the trouble of hacking since 95% of players online are all beginners who don’t know where the objective is and are crouching in a corner inside their own base as if expecting an enemy to walk by… you can hack resort and never see a single defensive player… a lot of the time one guy can do the objectives all by himself…

(vbl) #108

I bought it at release, played it for a few weeks and quit forever. If I had to distill it down? They didn’t get the basics right.

1. Poor gun ballistics and balancing at launch
  2. Terribly repetitive, unfun gameplay modes
  3. Clunky controls and performance, with delays in things like crouching and catches when running over floor debris

That’s it, to be honest. They failed at the basic shooter measures. Exedore can go on about SMART this and SMART that, but the bottom line is that they failed at designing a solid, fundamentally good shooter. If you don’t have the basics right then it doesn’t matter what you wrap around it.

Not much more needs to be said.

(Nosferatu) #109

Haters and Trollers?
http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php/31905-Haters-and-Trollers

(DarkangelUK) #110

It’s useless threads such as the one linked above that cause the most issues, everyone else would rather just debate and discuss, those that don’t know how decide to call others names then create pointless threads about it.

(Ruben0s) #111

Watch out nosferatu, threads like that feed the troll inside me and I don’t want to get banned.

(zeromoya) #112

Brink was never suppose to be a replacement. You’re right. :).

There’s always people who talk about what the game lacks… Polish, balance, bug fixes, etc…

None of this is true. As a player whose been playing brink since release, (still am) I at first thought that there were a lot of issues with the game. But soon did I discover that there ways around them, that don’t necessarily punish the player. For instance. Throw out 1 thing (anyone)… You know what, throw out a lot of things that you think is wrong with the game, and I bet I can find you a fix!

…except for the clan stat site. It’s COMPLETELY Broken. That’s why you don’t see clan matches or clans for the pc lol…

(DarkangelUK) #113

Doesn’t the fact that you need to look for fixes and work arounds in the 1st place not tell you something? And to beat an old drum, Brink was touted as “ET3” (they’re probably still cursing Ham for that one). The people here commenting have been playing it since release as well, and also following the game very closely since it’s announcement 2 years prior… can you say the same?

(Ruben0s) #114

[QUOTE=zeromoya;393588]Throw out 1 thing (anyone)… You know what, throw out a lot of things that you think is wrong with the game, and I bet I can find you a fix!

…except for the clan stat site. It’s COMPLETELY Broken. That’s why you don’t see clan matches or clans for the pc lol…[/QUOTE]

So we have to find a fix for everything that is wrong with the game. Well, my fix would be that I would stop playing the game, like most people did.

(zeromoya) #115

I can say the same, yes. But I’m never a fanboi of anything. Like most games prior to this one, I looked into every detail, listened to every preview, and overshot my expectations. I hyped it up to much – then the day i finally play it, it to me becomes a peice of rat ****. But for brink. I gathered the concept of it and left it at that. I waited and anticipated, and found my experience to be better then most because of that. Not knowing what to expect vs. knowing everything before it happens? Knowing what to expect reduce your “fun factor”. Saying “I can’t wait to do everything I saw in the previews” sounds way less interesting to me then “I can’t wait to play this. I have no idea what to expect!” And usually your experience with the game is better.

(zeromoya) #116

That doesn’t fix the game. That ruins the game. It’s a choice.

(tangoliber) #117

I agree. The biggest problem with Brink, in my opinion, is that nobody plays it.

(Ragoo) #118

lol, still so many people talking in here? Maybe even playing the game?

I anticipated this game for more than a year, stopped playing after one week or so.
It just lacked polish and no demo, horrible obs, no SDK etc killed the esport scene instantly… whole bunch of other stuff was wrong with the game that I can’t remember anymore… maybe I just didn’t like movement/weapons compared to ET:QW or Quake which I love.

Overall just one of the biggest disappointments ever for me. I won’t buy an SD product without waiting for some weeks of reactions anymore…

(tangoliber) #119

[QUOTE=Ragoo;393741]lol, still so many people talking in here? Maybe even playing the game?

I anticipated this game for more than a year, stopped playing after one week or so.
It just lacked polish and no demo, horrible obs, no SDK etc killed the esport scene instantly… whole bunch of other stuff was wrong with the game that I can’t remember anymore… maybe I just didn’t like movement/weapons compared to ET:QW or Quake which I love.

Overall just one of the biggest disappointments ever for me. I won’t buy an SD product without waiting for some weeks of reactions anymore…[/QUOTE]

What are obs? Nothing comes to mind.
Anyway, they did add demo recording a couple of months ago. SDK is the biggest thing the game needs. I’m not sure if people would still be playing Quake Wars without mod tools, since the lotto spread in vanilla is just as bad as in Brink.

(Verticae) #120

[QUOTE=tangoliber;393755]What are obs? Nothing comes to mind.
Anyway, they did add demo recording a couple of months ago. SDK is the biggest thing the game needs. I’m not sure if people would still be playing Quake Wars without mod tools, since the lotto spread in vanilla is just as bad as in Brink.[/QUOTE]

Err, no. The vanilla spread in Quake Wars was by far more accurate and consistent than Brink.