why does BRINK have so much haters ?

(Patriotqube) #81

Well the simple reason for Brink to have that many haters was that it was hyped to be the new way of playing FPS which made bf, cod, etqw and wet ppl thinking it was the game of their dreams, and no one likes to get their dreams destroyed like they all got

(dazman76) #82

Very well put with the last couple of posts zen :slight_smile:

Indeed, but I feel that was only the beginning of the story - if they’d have stayed, I honestly don’t believe they’d have lasted much longer.

Indeed, and although they wouldn’t admit it - this is basically “the whole story” for TDM, in my opinion. It wasn’t in the game, and suddenly lots of players thought it was the saviour. “Add TDM! Everyone loves TDM!” they’d shout, but no. It’s like those old games from 20 years ago that seem great in memory, and are actually terrible in reality. Everyone would absolutely love TDM to be added, right up until they play that mode - and after 30 minutes they’re bored stiff because they realise it’s the same old game type in different clothes, and it results in the BF3 situation you mentioned. It’s there, but not enough people ACTUALLY care about it to keep any servers populated. There literally is no better proof of how little value TDM would add to a game like Brink - we should frame it, in case the conversation comes around again :slight_smile:

(tokamak) #83

Yes, the hardcore fans were patient, but even if the mainstream lasted longer then both groups would converge in their satisfaction, the gunplay simply sucked and the weapons were imbalanced. A shooter that lacks on the shooting aspect has a serious problem.

(signofzeta) #84

Speaking of Brink trying to be everything, has anybody tried to melt every single crayola crayon color, and make one color out of those crayons?

Although I didn’t really melt the crayons, I took at least a few of them, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and shaded an area on a piece of paper. No matter what order you shade the area in, you are going to end up with brown. I could never figure out how to not make the mixture of all the colors not turn into brown. I guess that’s how it is.

(BioSnark) #85

I hear if you have a light touch you can get a shiny white out of the mix.

(Maxwell) #86

brink has so much haters cuz its not cod or battlefield so wat if servers r bad gameplay can b a blast they try and try and yet its still fun wen the game runs smoothly

(gold163) #87

I am sick of the whole, “Brink has so many haters because it’s not Call of Duty or Battlefield”. THAT IS NOT TRUE.

It is idiotic to assume that if CoD/Battlefield fans wanted a game similar to those, that they wouldn’t go play those games in the first place instead.

(Peter Peterson) #88

You are cod or battlefield.

(wolfnemesis75) #89

Brink is the anti-Cod. That’s why it gets hate.

(DarkangelUK) #90

Yes, that alone is why it gets hate… and McDonalds Super Size option is the sole reason people get fat.

(sanDIOkan) #91

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

(wolfnemesis75) #92

Wow. You’re an angry little man. Its just a game. Its not life or death here. Why make it such a big deal? There’re so many people on this forum that act like the planet should revolve around their personal view of gaming. Why spend so much time hating on a product? Just don’t like it, pick something that you do. Pining away for a wing and a prayer don’t make no sense.

(tokamak) #93

[QUOTE=signofzeta;391141]Speaking of Brink trying to be everything, has anybody tried to melt every single crayola crayon color, and make one color out of those crayons?

Although I didn’t really melt the crayons, I took at least a few of them, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and shaded an area on a piece of paper. No matter what order you shade the area in, you are going to end up with brown. I could never figure out how to not make the mixture of all the colors not turn into brown. I guess that’s how it is.[/QUOTE]

I like the analogy but please, get a different hobby.

(phoen1x) #94

[QUOTE=wolfnemesis75;391308] Just don’t like it, pick something that you do.[/QUOTE]Well the problem is that BRINK is the only objective based game on the market. QW is dead (well it has few servers, but really it’s dead). ET is too old. So basically SD fans are left with nothing.

(phoen1x) #95

[QUOTE=wolfnemesis75;391308] Just don’t like it, pick something that you do.[/QUOTE]Well the problem is that BRINK is the only objective based game on the market today and it’s already dead. QW is dead (well it has few servers, but really it’s dead). ET is too old. So basically SD fans are left with nothing. I want ET remake or smth to play like NOW, i hope SD will release something better than BRINK in near future, i hope it’s not going to be in 2015 :smiley:

(gold163) #96

Brink is not the only objective-based shooter on the market today. Team Fortress 2, Battlefield, hell even Counter-Strike are objective-based. They just aren’t rigidly class-based like Brink and Enemy Territory are. And maybe that’s because most people don’t want that, or because it isn’t being done well enough.

(wolfnemesis75) #97

[QUOTE=phoen1x;391340]Well the problem is that BRINK is the only objective based game on the market today and it’s already dead. QW is dead (well it has few servers, but really it’s dead). ET is too old. So basically SD fans are left with nothing. I want ET remake or smth to play like NOW, i hope SD will release something better than BRINK in near future, i hope it’s not going to be in 2015 :D[/QUOTE]That’s true. But there’s no reason to copy and paste a wall of text of ha on the forum. Although someone may have reason to be disappointed, it doesn’t justify that kind of behavior or blatant immaturity/hate. Look for another game that you can play and have fun with, whether its an older game or something else entirely. There are tons of other games on the market. If you only like one certain kind of game, then that’s unfortunate.

(DarkangelUK) #98

His ‘haha’s’ were more towards your blind ignorance rather than the actual comment itself… which is indeed blind and ignorant. A lot of the negative views of Brink come from ET fans, ET was released before the 1st CoD which wasn’t originally released on console… can you see it? Can you see it? CAN YOU?? Gwan… squint and look!

(phoen1x) #99

ET objective based game play is one of the kind, those battlefield, tf2 and cs are just gimmicks and i would not call those objectives. Yes most people don’t want that, they just camp “for fun”. I really can’t imagine fps without classes and real objectives like in ET or ET:QW but that’s just me.

(gold163) #100

I wouldn’t call objectives in Battlefield, TF2, and CS “gimmicks”. In TF2 there is no other way to win a round besides completing an objective. In Battlefield and CS the main objective can usually be fulfilled or bypassed by scoring kills, so maybe using those as examples is less relevant, but the objectives certainly aren’t gimmicks, they just aren’t as much of a focus as in ET.

Pardon me for asking, but isn’t Enemy Territory’s gameplay structure just a class-based Assault from Unreal Tournament? You couldn’t really call it “one of a kind” then, it’s just not as prominent as other objective-based shooters. Either way, Brink was flawed in many ways besides its objective-based structure. If it was a solid game it would have helped the case for seeing another objective-based shooter on the market, but as it is now I don’t think that’s very likely given Brink’s failures.