why does BRINK have so much haters ?

(Tandem) #41

Bait and switch.

(Commander_Keen) #42

Oh I see it right where he put words into the DEVs mouth and misquoted him…LOL

(Verticae) #43

Err, what? It’s a direct quote, one in the line of statements they’ve made during every major press event.

(Apples) #44

Couldnt resist

(zenstar) #45

I think you misread that.
Let me rearrange it so it makes sense:

Richard Ham (the creative director at Splash Damage) said “I’ll be honest, Brink is Enemy Territory 3. Let’s not mince words here.”

Seriously: don’t try act like SD never claimed that Brink wasn’t going to be ET3. That was the original intention. Things may have changed at some point but there were definite & concrete claims from official SD sources about the intention of Brink being ET3. There was no misquoting going on. No putting words in mouths. SD wanted to make ET3. Brink is ET3… it’s just not as good as people hoped ET3 would be.

(tokamak) #46

Whether or not they advertised it as such is a moot point. Brink is not what you expect from Splash Damage. ET was a beautiful standard to strive for.

(signofzeta) #47

If nobody ever said Brink was ET3, I think a lot more people would have an open mind of it. If they said it was NOT ET3, then maybe, just maybe, there wouldn’t be so many haters. Oh well.

Now me, I am technically neutral, but sometimes I really want to buy a game, despite me going “meh” to a game, and as such, I try to post hate comments about the game to prevent myself from buying it. A few months ago, I bought Rage, just because it was made by id, not because it was good, and I haven’t even played an hours worth of gameplay yet. GRRRR.

The lack of brink demo also didn’t help either.

(tokamak) #48

No I would not. It’s sub-par no matter how you name it. Let’s stop pretending that this is a matter of taste or wrong expectations, it’s not, it’s just an all-round flawed game.

There simply aren’t any excuses any more. Brink had everything in it’s favour and it just botched the chance to bring depth to the mainstream shooter.

(signofzeta) #49

which game is better? Wolfenstein 2009’s multiplayer or Brink? You have to choose one, and you can’t say neither nor both.

(Crytiqal) #50

Wolfenstein 2009 MP

(Ruben0s) #51

I only played the leaked beta from wolfenstein 2009, that was enough for me to not buy the game. Tbh I enjoyed it more than brink.

(BioSnark) #52

Brink was far better imo.

(Crytiqal) #53

Wolfenstein 2009 MP:

• guns (spread/accuracy)
  • weaponbanks
  • gameplay speed
  • teamwork (not just pressing F)
  • balanced maps
  • ammo/medpack same key as interaction

=========

BRINK:
+/- movement abilities like SMART is a plus, but the automation and lack of skills needed makes it a gimmick

• ammo/medpacks/interaction all on same key
  • unbalanced maps
  • no teamwork
  • slow gameplay imo (may be part of the need to gib because of downed fire bull****, health regen so you hide to gain health again, and the worst spread ever so you cant kill fast)
  • no weaponbanks
  • gunplay

In what way do you find BRINK far better?

(BioSnark) #54

I was not impressed by veil, sprint, direct damage boost upgrades and the explosives spam on some choke points didn’t make the maps endearing to me. Weapon banks were fixable, at least. Worst of all, there was nothing that made it stand apart from either its predecessor or SD’s ET series; just a slow degeneration. Brink, at least, was willing to try.

(.Chris.) #55

The veil powers were well balanced and actually made things quite interesting, having an engi using his speed boost on docs runs and such was quite good, you had to pick whether to use it to get to the docs quickly or save it and use it to make a quick escape. With some more tweaks the veil could have been so much more.

The player speed matched the size of the maps, still a tad slow but wolfpro upped this slightly, trust me neither ET:QW speed or ET speed worked with Wolf maps, we tested.

Wolfpro also ‘fixed’ the same key for med/ammo pack and interaction but you could half fix that already with a config, we made it so you can equip the med/ammo packs, they were already separate actions/binds for supplies and interactions.

The maps were about 2174% better than Brink’s maps, least you could actually get to the end of them. I don’t recall explosive spam on choke points, nade’s weren’t that powerful and the panzer no longer killed everyone in a 23m radius. You’re maybe thinking of ET which had artillery, air strikes, mortar, panzers, nade launchers and nade spam on choke points. Wolf had considerably less spam weapons than ET and ET:QW.

(Kl3ppy) #56

w00t? was better? good that i didnt buy brink :smiley:

(Commander_Keen) #57

and the thread gets hi-jacked. +1 for BRINK

(Ruben0s) #58

Brink is better than wolfenstein 2009 online, but I happen to like the gameplay of wolfenstein a tiny bit more.

(BioSnark) #59

If you have anything on the previous topic, feel free to…

(tokamak) #60

Wolfenstein 2009’s multiplayer was exectuted better and more polished, but the concepts underneath were boring. Brink has a wealth of content that just isn’t executed well.

So I’d say Brink has more potential but I think I would be able to enjoy Wolfenstein more.