why does BRINK have so much haters ?

(The Ranger) #21

Ive played Quake wars , before i even knew about BRINK . there both good . in my opinnion

(The Ranger) #22

BRINK is meant for hardcore players only it seems , despite its bad ratings , its 6.0 out of 10 and horrible reviews us hardcore fans are still on it. A casual gamer wouldnt survive . First because they wouldnt even understand it to begin with .SD should have just made BRINK in a way that it appeals to the hardcore audience. Because obviously trying to make it for both they failed . :frowning: a shame really .

(Ruben0s) #23

Brink is so hardcore that even the top teams didn`t understand it. That also explains that only 8 teams signed up and only 3 of them dared to play a match in a 1500 euro tournament.

(The Ranger) #24

one day ill be in those euro tournaments :stroggflag:

(Crytiqal) #25

hahahahahahhahaahha =DDDD oh god you are not serious are you? =DDDD

(Ruben0s) #26

Too bad that there won`t be a price money tournament for brink ever again. You could sign up for the splashdamage events,1 2 3 place get a cool badge. So far it looks like everyone will get a badge.

(its al bout security) #27

never too bad to see the familiar trolls face :wink:

(wolfnemesis75) #28

Happy New Year Brink Brothers! Also, Brink has haters, but lots of stuff does. Lots of people like Jersey Shore, but I don’t! Different strokes for different folks! :slight_smile:

(Commander_Keen) #29

My answer is that it would appear that there was a fairly sized following of ETQW and Wolfenstein ET. They feel let down because those games are old and BRINK did not make a proper replacement for it. However they fail to see that it was not a successor to either of those but rather was Splash Damages first IP of their own that was not an iD project or MOD.

So they feel the need to be negative when they could just continue playing Enemy Territory (cause it’s still a fine game) and stop hating on the new community who loves BRINK. Brink puts the final polish on where SD was trying to get with the game play but was limited by it being held in the Quake universe. That boundary was off and they finally made a game that was pure on line team play that actually works when the guys play together but don’t practice together. In fact “pick up” games of strangers could even be fun.

The PC port was the mistake because it didn’t run as good as the X-Box and I have no idea how well it did on the PS3 with their NW being the crap that it is, but it is /was awesome on live.

Yea so it doesn’t have vehicles and big ass rocket turrets and anti vehicle and ant-air turrets, ETQW still does go play that and quit thinking that BRINK will ever be that. Just stop it’s insanity really and you let yourself get your expectations up so high that you’re hating on the very developer you claim to love. Just stop now.

If it’s dead as you say it is why do you still post negativity other than to troll? Just freaking quit already. Make a New Years resolution to stay in the ET forums and don’t even read here if you truly believe all the negative things you say about BRINK. It’s insanity to continue posting here in this part of the forums.

That’s why there are so many haters they psyched themselves into thinking BRINK was going to be something that it was never meant to be.

(wolfnemesis75) #30

[QUOTE=Commander Keen;389734]My answer is that it would appear that there was a fairly sized following of ETQW and Wolfenstein ET. They feel let down because those games are old and BRINK did not make a proper replacement for it. However they fail to see that it was not a successor to either of those but rather was Splash Damages first IP of their own that was not an iD project or MOD.

So they feel the need to be negative when they could just continue playing Enemy Territory (cause it’s still a fine game) and stop hating on the new community who loves BRINK. Brink puts the final polish on where SD was trying to get with the game play but was limited by it being held in the Quake universe. That boundary was off and they finally made a game that was pure on line team play that actually works when the guys play together but don’t practice together. In fact “pick up” games of strangers could even be fun.

The PC port was the mistake because it didn’t run as good as the X-Box and I have no idea how well it did on the PS3 with their NW being the crap that it is, but it is /was awesome on live.

Yea so it doesn’t have vehicles and big ass rocket turrets and anti vehicle and ant-air turrets, ETQW still does go play that and quit thinking that BRINK will ever be that. Just stop it’s insanity really and you let yourself get your expectations up so high that you’re hating on the very developer you claim to love. Just stop now.

If it’s dead as you say it is why do you still post negativity other than to troll? Just freaking quit already. Make a New Years resolution to stay in the ET forums and don’t even read here if you truly believe all the negative things you say about BRINK. It’s insanity to continue posting here in this part of the forums.

That’s why there are so many haters they psyched themselves into thinking BRINK was going to be something that it was never meant to be.[/QUOTE]
This sums it up perfectly. To answer your question about “If it’s dead as you say it is, why do you still post negativity other than to troll?” They will answer by saying they want to “help” make sure that this mistake is not made again in the future and to somehow promote positive improvements for future games. The contradiction, is how they go about doing that and the attacks on players who actually genuinely like the game Brink as well as the negative impact rather than positive impact overall it has on the current game. You can’t re-write history.

(Verticae) #31

Splash Damage themselves announced this to be the spiritual successor to the Enemy territory series on pretty much every media showing.

I find that quite a generalized statement. Fact is, I don’t particularly hate anyone within the Brink community. If you like the game, hey, power to you. But that doesn’t mean I can’t explain my view on Splash Damage’s design decisions, right? In the end, Brink’s community died out far sooner than it should’ve, and I don’t see how critical feedback would then be a bad thing.

There. You nailed it. Splash Damage, a team that started out as modmakers and PC gamers, ended up trading in their PC fanbase for a shot at creating a niche on a cluttered console market. It’s not the PC port itself that is the mistake; it’s the fact that there ever was a need to do that. Design decisions for console should’ve been made separately from those for the PC; different platforms call for different approaches.

Nobody ever thought Brink would be like that. In fact, a large part of the ET community absolutely despises the vehicles and turrets in ETQW, and the announcement that Brink was to be infantry-only was one that was welcomed. As for playing ETQW; good luck. The lack of continued support with the ranked server system and Punkbuster has left it to bleed and die.

Again; Splash Damage announced Brink as the spiritual successor to the ET series, that would be focused purely on infantry combat. Judging by the feedback, the player numbers, the cancelled tournaments and the overall disappointment; it’s fair to say that Splash Damage simply failed to deliver.

(light_sh4v0r) #32

Ohai Vert, long time no see :slight_smile:
Been doing exactly that lately, back to ETQW. Still a number of full ranked servers every day.

(tokamak) #33

My answer is that it would appear that there was a fairly sized following of ETQW and Wolfenstein ET. They feel let down because those games are old and BRINK did not make a proper replacement for it. However they fail to see that it was not a successor to either of those but rather was Splash Damages first IP of their own that was not an iD project or MOD.

Check my sig.

And the IP is not the frigging problem! The gameplay is a let down!

Splash Damage, a team that started out as modmakers and PC gamers, ended up trading in their PC fanbase for a shot at creating a niche on a cluttered console market.

That’s indeed the long and the short of it.

(its al bout security) #34

[QUOTE=tokamak;389764]Check my sig.

And the IP is not the frigging problem! The gameplay is a let down!

That’s indeed the long and the short of it.[/QUOTE]

hmm its good in small doses. kinda like heroin a guess :smiley:

(Commander_Keen) #35

[QUOTE=Verticae;389756]Splash Damage themselves announced this to be the spiritual successor to the Enemy territory series on pretty much every media showing.

Again; Splash Damage announced Brink as the spiritual successor to the ET series, that would be focused purely on infantry combat. Judging by the feedback, the player numbers, the cancelled tournaments and the overall disappointment; it’s fair to say that Splash Damage simply failed to deliver.[/QUOTE]

Can you post a single link to this or site a magazine issue # month and year where they said this? Surely there’s a you tube video or something you can link to where they said this.

I followed BRINKs development from the beginning and never heard this myself. Please share.

(Commander_Keen) #36

I disagree I like BRINK’s game play a lot and I also am glad it has single player campaign so I can keep playing it. I play at least once a week.

(Humate) #37

[QUOTE=Commander Keen;389854]Can you post a single link to this or site a magazine issue # month and year where they said this? Surely there’s a you tube video or something you can link to where they said this.

I followed BRINKs development from the beginning and never heard this myself. Please share.[/QUOTE]

(INF3RN0) #38

[QUOTE=Commander Keen;389854]Can you post a single link to this or site a magazine issue # month and year where they said this? Surely there’s a you tube video or something you can link to where they said this.

I followed BRINKs development from the beginning and never heard this myself. Please share.[/QUOTE]

Shoulda paid closer attention. Could you forward Humate’s link to wolfnem for confirmation sir :tongue:.

(tokamak) #39

This statement means nothing if you don’t provide if you know ETQW or not.

I’m not saying ETQW fans can’t enjoy Brink, it’s just that I’ve never seen one who does.

(Crytiqal) #40

“Brink preview: Return to Enemy Territory”

not even close, nuff said

EDIT:

“I’ll be honest,” said Richard Ham, creative director at Splash Damage to Joystiq during a recent press event in Los Angeles. “Brink is Enemy Territory 3. Let’s not mince words here.” Well, okay then.

TROLOLOLOL