why does BRINK have so much haters ?

(RT1) #221

Well, since you need it spelled out, if in the midst of all his intellectual posturing I can reduce the answer to a painless and consistent in-game triple-tap-dead, which I do regularly, that’s all the authority I need. Where’s the difficulty here? In frames-per-second values?

Heh!

At roughly age 16 I learned that the wealth of life’s wisdom is to be gained by doing more and thinking less. 60 hours of playtime and a 1.5 years of empty theory ain’t got nothing on 622 hard hours of sending virtual martyrs to frolick with celestial virgins.

Now that’s logic. Watch my videos to see the ease at which I dispatch fools, no rocket science necessary, and tap that subscribe button while you’re at it. Autographs later if you so desire.

(.Chris.) #222

Aww bless, that’s 3 replies now that you’ve not answered his question.

I sincerely hope the post wasn’t serious though.

(RT1) #223

The subtlety at which the true troll operates would escape the keenest of eyes and fleetest of mind. As a former denizen of the venerable Usenet, I have seen my share and been my share and at a mere fraction of my effort, chances are you wouldn’t be the wiser.

(DarkangelUK) #224

And you still can’t answer the question or tell what a true troll is… at the risk of reducing myself to level of the below average youtube commenter… fail. So are you ever going to answer the question? It is a serious question.

(Dthy) #225

I love how the Brink section is full of Brink players raging and being like “You just don’t get it!!!1” and failing to see that other people see things differently, whilst the rest of the forums are sensible and well mannered. Please continue this delightful discussion whilst I pop the Popcorn in the microwave. No seriously, I insist.

(RT1) #226

Sure, if you insist.

That’s about how long it takes to complete the singleplayer campaign, no? Did you even take the game online?

(Humate) #227

oh dear :frowning:

(INF3RN0) #228

Rt1 is the best player in the world. BRINK4LYFE NOOBS!

(tangoliber) #229

Container City in a nutshell:

Two beginner teams will often lead to spawn camping.
A weaker team on offense will often lead to spawn camping.

Two experienced teams of roughly the same skill level leads to a very good game. One of the best maps in the game, since times often get set…or teams at least get to the final courier objective.

However, you can get screwed if you make big mistakes in the first 30 seconds…which is why offense usually tries to play it safe and not rush a plant. If one player is AFK when the game starts, you can get spawn camped.

The balance on a lot of the maps changes drastically with experienced players, though.

(zenstar) #230

You know I’ve typed up a few replies to this thread pointing out shortcoming in logic but it’s not worth it.
RT1 is the opposite side of the coin of the frothing hater. He’s the frothing fan. Neither will be swayed from their position by logic or reasoning or truth.

If the game grew limbs, walked out of the room and had carnal relations with his mother while simultaneously kicking his dog and pouring yoghurt into his PSU he’d still offer it dubious favours that are often only offered by the most desperate of streetwalkers.

At least the haters pointed out ways to fix the game most of the time. All this dude is doing is making potential players think the community is full of halfwits and asshats.

But he’s only 16. He’s young and impressionable and, not co-incidentally just the perfect age to have raging hormones disengage his logical reasoning enough for cults to be seriously interested in him as a lifetime member.

Either way this thread is a total waste. May as well be locked, cemented and dropped in the harbour because nothing useful is actually going to come out of this.

(wolfnemesis75) #231

All I have to say is wow: It’s still the same four or five people trolling anyone who expresses enthusiasm for the game. That’s just sad. People are going to like the game even if you may not. I played the heck out of it. If you find a bunch of like-minded people to play on both sides, you get some exciting matches. Some things, not everyone is going to like. I look back on Brink as still a game that did its own thing when most games were a 4th or 5th sequel or aping Call of Duty. Really, its too bad Bethesda has dropped the ball on this game. But that’s not that surprising, a lot of their games last year had problems working properly, even Skyrim. Perhaps they are constantly getting in the way during development. Anyway, carry on. LMAO

(tokamak) #232

‘Played’ Wolf? Past-tense?

(.Chris.) #233

I’m bored at work and I’m in grumpy mode so stand back:

The past couple of pages only escalated the way it has because of:

And RT1’s response to this which in tern I poked fun at, that’s not trolling for the record.

No **** sherlock, same goes other way though, RT1 doesn’t seem to grasp this and anyone who doesn’t like Brink either is a hater/troller or sucks at the game…

Zenstar, the voice of reason has pretty much said what my own thoughts on the matter are, I’ll quote him as I’m sure you haven’t gone back a page:

[QUOTE=zenstar;404114]You keep blaming people for not liking the game. The whole “obviously you suck and that’s why you don’t like it” smacks of the whole “blaming the victim of rape for getting raped”. The majority of people have shown that they think the game has shortcomings. They have shown this by playing it for a few weeks and then dropping it.

I don’t know why you have to try so hard to make out that you’re enjoying the game so much. If you like it that’s fine, but don’t pretend that you’re not in the minority. It’s not someone’s fault if they think the game sucks. Their opinion is just as valid as yours even if it’s contrary to yours.

It certainly sounds like a case of being over defensive to cover a shortcoming. Stop trying so hard to be the cool guy. Can you not enjoy something without everyone else having to know that you enjoy it and that it must be enjoyed and that if they don’t enjoy it they’re wrong?

It was a fun game while it lasted, but there were certainly issues with it.[/QUOTE]

Splash Damage made ET:QW and W:ET before Brink, SD themselves said Brink was a successor to ET. This is were some of the differences in views arise, Brink for you is what ET was to me, something new and exciting, however it’s the 4th game of it’s type I’ve played (counting Wolf 09), the previous 2 SD games just did it better (I best put ‘imo’ before someone moans) imo. For others it’s the 5th game, as they played RTCW before W:ET. Each iteration has tried something new with vary degrees of success and failure.

(Dthy) #234

[QUOTE=RT1;404153]Sure, if you insist.

That’s about how long it takes to complete the singleplayer campaign, no? Did you even take the game online?[/QUOTE]

I did about 70% of the campaign in 5/6 hours (can’t remember), spent a bit of time playing online with OCB & sGs, gave up the game since my PC wasn’t powerful enough to play competition with sGs (however we went on to win ESL) and then the recent playing (In the last few weeks iirc) was uber extreme boredness and not finding it as fufilling playing other games, so I completed the campaign (minus the optional missions) and played one online round before getting bored. So in short, completed campaign in 5-7 hours, rest was a mix of online and challenges. The campaign is nowhere near 20 hours. Thanks for checking out my Steam btw, also could you check my YouTube account and RATE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE LAWL ROFLCOPTER.

ALL HAIL ZE ALMIGHTY OVERLORD OF BRINK PLAYEHZ AND DE ARK!

[QUOTE=zenstar;404162]You know I’ve typed up a few replies to this thread pointing out shortcoming in logic but it’s not worth it.
RT1 is the opposite side of the coin of the frothing hater. He’s the frothing fan. Neither will be swayed from their position by logic or reasoning or truth.

If the game grew limbs, walked out of the room and had carnal relations with his mother while simultaneously kicking his dog and pouring yoghurt into his PSU he’d still offer it dubious favours that are often only offered by the most desperate of streetwalkers.

At least the haters pointed out ways to fix the game most of the time. All this dude is doing is making potential players think the community is full of halfwits and asshats.

But he’s only 16. He’s young and impressionable and, not co-incidentally just the perfect age to have raging hormones disengage his logical reasoning enough for cults to be seriously interested in him as a lifetime member.

Either way this thread is a total waste. May as well be locked, cemented and dropped in the harbour because nothing useful is actually going to come out of this.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I wanted to like this game and get into it, but I just couldn’t.

(wolfnemesis75) #235

[QUOTE=.Chris.;404176]I’m bored at work and I’m in grumpy mode so stand back:

The past couple of pages only escalated the way it has because of:

And RT1’s response to this which in tern I poked fun at, that’s not trolling for the record.

No **** sherlock, same goes other way though, RT1 doesn’t seem to grasp this and anyone who doesn’t like Brink either is a hater/troller or sucks at the game…

Zenstar, the voice of reason has pretty much said what my own thoughts on the matter are, I’ll quote him as I’m sure you haven’t gone back a page:

Splash Damage made ET:QW and W:ET before Brink, SD themselves said Brink was a successor to ET. This is were some of the differences in views arise, Brink for you is what ET was to me, something new and exciting, however it’s the 4th game of it’s type I’ve played (counting Wolf 09), the previous 2 SD games just did it better (I best put ‘imo’ before someone moans) imo. For others it’s the 5th game, as they played RTCW before W:ET. Each iteration has tried something new with vary degrees of success and failure.[/QUOTE]
I still think ultimately, it was inevitable that to iron-out the game and make it even better, a Brink 2 would have been the goal; in order to take all of the feedback, successes and failures, and attempt to improve upon it. Because of many factors, I realize that this may not ever happen, but, because of the industry as a whole and the challenges releasing anything new (and SD had never released a game on 3 platforms before, that was a completely new challenge regardless of how many iterations this game represented, it still was going to be about breaking new ground). Brink did enough right to be fun for me personally and some of the many gamers I met playing it who continued despite some of the problems, patches, and lack of expansion/dlc. In the end, there were haters, and they jumped on the game in a extreme fashion that was skewed towards anything negative. If you go back on the history, that was gonna happen because of COD and its dominance over the game industry.

Brink had an engaging backstory and a context to the struggle which could be expanded on. Haters gonna hate, but the game was not as bad as the amount of hate it received. Its as simple as that. Now, a lot of the motion context games like Kinnect and Move or Zynga titles, now they definitely deserve any amount of hate thrown their way! My two cents. :slight_smile:

(zenstar) #236

Hey! I like fruit ninja and wreckateer… and shouting at my xbox to pause / play while grabbing snacks from the kitchen.

(RT1) #237

Resort video up!

(RT1) #238

Container City on deck!

(Ruben0s) #239

What’s up with the ingame sounds? Is that how Brink was supposed to be or is it messed up because of a record bug? I never played with sounds on because of the no sound bug. But I find the video’s really annoying to watch the with the sounds enabled.

container city: from 0.41 till 2.28 as example. You got like all the time weird sound effects, that’s messed up.

(Jim_di_Griz) #240

I think that’s just the Rockstedi gun, at least it sounds like that in the PS3 version. Not sure I noticed any difference in the rest of the ingame sounds, but if you have been playing without, it probably would sound odd.