Who's getting the the weapons?


(Brycko) #1

So with the release of the SHAR-C and the Axe, I’m kinda wondering who’s going to get the new weapons in gen 3 loadout cards.

I think Stoker, Proxy, Bushwhacker (though i’d think he’d get the Kukri), maybe Sawbonez, maybe Nader, maybe Arty and maybe Aimee will get the Axe.

Really not sure about the Shar-C; it’s a heavy weapon with a small mag but high damage. I guess Phantom, Thunder, Sawbonez, maybe Turtle and maybe Arty may get it.

There’ve also been some leaks about silenced weapons in the game files. No clue if these are going to be released, but given how polished they are (with sound and everything) I assume they will be. I’d assume that most of the silenced weapons would go to the recon class, so they can get an extra level of viability after the recent Sniper rifle nerfs.

For the silenced M9, I’d guess Phantom, Aura, Aimee and/or Redeye and maybe Sawbonez and/or Phoenix.

For the silenced Mp400 I’d guess Sparks, Phantom, Vassili, maybe Turtle and maybe Bushwhacker, but these are really shots in the dark as only 3 mercs have the mp400 rn.

Thoughts?


(watsyurdeal) #2

If anyone gets Silenced Weapons it’ll be Phantom, which would be cool, less visible tracers and harder to hear gun fire.


(GatoCommodore) #3

@watsyurdeal said:
If anyone gets Silenced Weapons it’ll be Phantom, which would be cool, less visible tracers and harder to hear gun fire.

i thought the guns dont have tracer?


(watsyurdeal) #4

They do, I noticed people being able to figure out where I was based on where I was shooting, either they heard the shots being fired or saw the tracers.


(TheStrangerous) #5

Bushwanker will have the axe, inevitably, gotta raise those cowboy stereotypes up!

Yeah, silenced weapons, I can see new/old recon class have one. Totally on it.


(watsyurdeal) #6

All I want is Vasilli to have the Grandeur instead of the Fe Lix, cause he has no reason to have it.

The Grandeur would make him more mobile and aggressive, allowing me to stick with my team and throw out sensors rather than smoke nades. It’d be more attune to how I like to play and allow me to contribute better when I’m fragging.


(Sorotia) #7

@watsyurdeal said:
All I want is Vasilli to have the Grandeur instead of the Fe Lix, cause he has no reason to have it.

The Grandeur would make him more mobile and aggressive, allowing me to stick with my team and throw out sensors rather than smoke nades. It’d be more attune to how I like to play and allow me to contribute better when I’m fragging.

I don’t know if I see him with the Grandeur, plus that would make him and Aimee virtually identical.

Maybe better off seeing some new kind of light sniper rifle with a new merc and him getting it.


(GatoCommodore) #8

@Sorotia said:

@watsyurdeal said:
All I want is Vasilli to have the Grandeur instead of the Fe Lix, cause he has no reason to have it.

The Grandeur would make him more mobile and aggressive, allowing me to stick with my team and throw out sensors rather than smoke nades. It’d be more attune to how I like to play and allow me to contribute better when I’m fragging.

I don’t know if I see him with the Grandeur, plus that would make him and Aimee virtually identical.

Maybe better off seeing some new kind of light sniper rifle with a new merc and him getting it.

silenced VSS with red dot would be a blessing


(GatoCommodore) #9

edited


(watsyurdeal) #10

@Sorotia said:

@watsyurdeal said:
All I want is Vasilli to have the Grandeur instead of the Fe Lix, cause he has no reason to have it.

The Grandeur would make him more mobile and aggressive, allowing me to stick with my team and throw out sensors rather than smoke nades. It’d be more attune to how I like to play and allow me to contribute better when I’m fragging.

I don’t know if I see him with the Grandeur, plus that would make him and Aimee virtually identical.

Maybe better off seeing some new kind of light sniper rifle with a new merc and him getting it.

Different health, speed, abilities, no, not the same

Aimee can debuff people and do more damage to them, Vasilli just points out their position.


(LifeupOmega) #11

Sorry to burst your bubble but silenced weapons were removed and we’ll probably not get them back as they honestly serve little purpose in DB.


(watsyurdeal) #12

@LifeupOmega said:
Sorry to burst your bubble but silenced weapons were removed and we’ll probably not get them back as they honestly serve little purpose in DB.

Don’t you ruin this for me


(Sorotia) #13

@watsyurdeal said:

@Sorotia said:

@watsyurdeal said:
All I want is Vasilli to have the Grandeur instead of the Fe Lix, cause he has no reason to have it.

The Grandeur would make him more mobile and aggressive, allowing me to stick with my team and throw out sensors rather than smoke nades. It’d be more attune to how I like to play and allow me to contribute better when I’m fragging.

I don’t know if I see him with the Grandeur, plus that would make him and Aimee virtually identical.

Maybe better off seeing some new kind of light sniper rifle with a new merc and him getting it.

Different health, speed, abilities, no, not the same

Aimee can debuff people and do more damage to them, Vasilli just points out their position.

Small differences that will feel even smaller if they have almost the exact same weapon loadouts. Except why take Aimee over Vas when he as the better pure sniper rifle and he has access to machine pistols when she doesn’t.


(watsyurdeal) #14

@Sorotia said:
Small differences that will feel even smaller if they have almost the exact same weapon loadouts. Except why take Aimee over Vas when he as the better pure sniper rifle and he has access to machine pistols when she doesn’t.

Is your argument than Vasilli having the Grandeur would make Aimee less used? Or that Aimee is simply underpowered? Cause Vasilli having the Grandeur wouldn’t help or hurt that situation.


(TheStrangerous) #15

Out of curiosity: Is there a documented reason why Kira was given the Katana?

We all get excited with weapon swaps for different mercs, yet only Kira had one, with cricket bat.


(Guziol) #16

I’d like to see a skyhammer with SharC. I’d swap it with BR and I’m sure a lot of people will disagree with me.


(GatoCommodore) #17

@Guziol said:
I’d like to see a skyhammer with SharC. I’d swap it with BR and I’m sure a lot of people will disagree with me.

actually its not a bad idea since i dont have to be afraid to use all the ammunition since skyhammer replenish ammo pretty fast


(Wintergreen) #18

@Guziol said:
I’d like to see a skyhammer with SharC. I’d swap it with BR and I’m sure a lot of people will disagree with me.

I could see it suiting Sky well, but I disagree with replacing his BR for it. I’d take away the M4 or AK if this were to happen. They’re similar enough as is, anyway. Don’t rob him of his only burst rifle, man.


(Guziol) #19

Gen 1 and 2 still would have the BR.


(Wintergreen) #20

Ah, in that case I’m all for it.