Who owns ETQW? The last remaining question...

(cloudhalo) #21

So some random guy on the internet ask’s me for a half a million dollars to re-start a dead game. hmmm, you’ve given me much to think about. I’ll respond via pm.

(Nail) #22

I have a friend with direct access to Carmack through Armadillo Aerospace, does that help ?

(Gradis) #23

lets ask jesus

(Breo) #24

I found something, but I’m not sure if it’s usefull :cool:

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4801:wonp9n.2.1

(Runeforce) #25

[QUOTE=Breo;502317]I found something, but I’m not sure if it’s usefull :cool:

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4801:wonp9n.2.1

[/QUOTE]

It’s a trademark right. Says nothing about the game (assets, code etc.)

(Rex) #26

Updated with the first answer of Activision.

(acekiller345) #27

Sounds about right.

(cloudhalo) #28

Rex try contacting Bethesda or Zeni Max, and see what they have to say as well; I don’t know if you already did, in that case ignore this post.

(Rex) #29

Have you even read my post?

(cloudhalo) #30

Clouds don’t read man.

(cloudhalo) #31

Clouds don’t read man, we always floatin through dem posts like fwah, fwah, fwah.

(stroggsoldier) #32

Zenimax owns the rights, they own everything that belonged to id, including their brands. It’s just that like in Raven’s Wolfenstein’s case, they dont do anything with ETQW because it was published by Activision.

(Rex) #33

That’s what I already said, but the question is if they hold the full rights or only shares.

(stroggsoldier) #34

They own everything, except possibly publication rights, which are owned by Activision. I think ETQW’s current state is just like Wolfenstein 2009. That title is also owned by Zenimax, but since Activision published it, they cannot publish it themselves. They have to wait in both cases, for Activision’s publishing rights to expire. That’s why Wolfenstein 2009 isnt on Steam, and why ETQW isnt anymore either.

(Rex) #35

Where have you got this information from? Source?

By the way, I don’t care about ETQW not being on steam.

(Rex) #36

ZeniMax responded.

(stroggsoldier) #37

Are you going to buy ETQW from them?

(stroggsoldier) #38

and also, could I please ask you what address did you use to contact them? I cant find any direct email address at their activision.com site.

(cloudhalo) #39

If you plan on buying etqw I’ll pay 3/4 of the fee for you.

(stroggsoldier) #40

I dont think ETQW would go at anything less than 50 grand or something like that.