Who is your favourite Medic and why?

Hello there! I wanted an excuse to create a poll and stoke-up some scintillating conversation, so I thought I’d start up the topic of:

Who is your favourite Medic?

• Aura
  • Guardian
  • Phoenix
  • Sawbonez
  • Sparks

0 voters

Much in the style of Gabe Newell’s “My favourite class is the Spy”.

Mine would have to be Phoenix. Why? Because his burst AOE healing ability makes him a much more “portable” healer than Aura, plus, his primary weapons are SMGs which make him a good all-rounder. That said, Aura can still out-perform Phoenix in defensive situations.

Phoenix is the best, period, there’s no doubting it. He can heal a lot, his reach is long, can heal multiple people at once and the best thing about him is that he’s a walking healing station.

(Your worst knifemare.) #3

Sparps is capable of reviving any teamate from any distance as long as she has a direct line of sight, which could result in quicker recovery from team wipes. Her med packs aren’t always as effective as other healing sources but their instant which can help in mid fire-fights.

She also quick.

(henki000) #4

I voted Aura, because nice voice acting and healing mechanics. Fun and good merc to play. I think Phoenix is most effective merc, but I just dont think he is as cool as Aura. Sparks has most hours.

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #5

Never would’ve guessed your answer lol

(HELGA_bunga) #6

guardian cause flexible and covenient revive, ARs, mobility and anti naders drone and because any medic that can selfheal midfight is easy mode

i find that her revive adds even more to her mobility

enjoy easy kills against naders/fraggers and javelin that spam/cook nades or fire rockets inside of your shield while you are shooting at them, most satisfying thing ever

(Mustang) #7

Urr, I was trying to highlight “Sawbonez” to do a search for info on his weapons to post something about them, but apparently that was counted as a vote, and now I’m unable to change my vote.

My real answer is Aura, because the mercs that can heal and shoot at the same time are Aura and Sparks, and I suck with the Revivr.

EDIT: Oh apparently if you click “Hide results” you can change vote. Anyway all I was going to say about Sawbonez is that I’d use him more if SMG-9 was buffed.

(K1X455) #8

I’m in for Sawbonez but it’s a close tie for Phoenix for dynamic offensive healing.

Aura for static defence, and Sparks for those long range backline support for a Sawbonez or Phoenix.

Guardian is a bit of hit and miss for me right now because of her weak revive ability and the protection of SkyShield is rather short lived.

(Your worst knifemare.) #9

You’d be surprised on my favorite assault then.

Sawbonez. You won’t go wrong with him, and he is probably the most fair to play against as well, that’s something I value a lot.

(Press E) #11

Definitely aura. The medstation is the best healing ability by far. Plus she’s really fast, but doesn’t suffer from the same very good aim requirement as sparks to be decent in combat.

Sparks is my second place, reviving someone across the map before they hit the ground is awesome. Plus instant healing medpacks and more fast movement. The only issue with her is her difficulty in combat.

Guardian is my third. She’s not really my meta pic for medic, but she’s really fun when played as an assault who happens to have a revive ability. Plus, annoying arty mains and freerotation naders. Her revive can be kind of annoying sometimes though. That plus the cooldown keeps her below sparks for me

Phoenix is cool too, he’s not bad, but it does feel like he’s on perpetual cooldown, unlike other medics who can either pick up their medstations or have multiple medpacks. He’s still fun, but his healing cooldown bumps him down for me

Sawbonez is my least favourite medic though. He’s just so boring. He’s not bad or anything, but only throwing medpacks that take forever to heal without potent packs is eh. I’d rather play another medic or another assault, not this bland hybrid. At least guardian is interesting for an assault hybrid

Guardian isn’t normally my automatic pick, but I do sometimes choose her just because her abilities make her a lot of fun to play. She normally gets overlooked in my roster in favour of either Aura or Phoenix.

(Terminal_6) #13

Sparks is the most fun for me. Not the best in every situation, but my criteria for “favorite” isn’t based on effectiveness.

(ThePigVomit) #14

I want it to be guardian, but I just can’t yet.

(ZaZa) #15

Aura is really good of course due to her health station ability, but I kind of like Sawbonez and therefore he had my vote, I like his style better I guess, you can revive a fella and throw a med-pack directly at the player at any location directly, so quite good combo and keep continuing the fight, without depending on a specific location for the health station, but indeed, placing a health station near a crowded battle and have shields etc is a really good combo, so I guess the combination is the main factor here.

(FireWorks) #16

Phoenix. The downtimes are marginal so I feel constantly able to join the action. Especially the selfheal in combo with the instant heal for another infight merc, both turning the tides of combat.
He promotes fast action.

Least favourite:
Sawbones is a good healer but it takes ages for him to heal himself. Still hate him for the slow timers he has… Too slow selfheal, too slow packrecharging. Also the canceling when being hit.
This guy is a slug.

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #17

Sir Bangsalot?

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #18

Phoenix for assault
Aura for defense
Sparks for fun :sparks_ok:

(Your worst knifemare.) #19

It appears I was wrong.

(Meetrock) #20

Aura + Rhino + Underground = 40k XP. Can any medic do more?