Who is your favourite Medic and why?

(Your worst knifemare.) #21

My second would go to Guardy because of how fun she can be and how much she triggers Arty and Nader mains.

My least favorite would be Sawbones because of how generally boring and overused he is.

Tough call for me. My Medic preference changes based on how I feel like playing, but I’ve gotta go with Sawbonez. Phoenix, despite personally playing better as him, has really started to get on my nerves. I do like Aura a lot too when I’m playing with her smg, but she drives me insane when an enemy is using her shotgun loadouts.

(HadronZodiac) #23

Phoenix is one of the best medics tbh. He has not bad assault capabilities, the crotzni for ripping holes in peoples heads. The kek10 for spraying acid, and the Hochfir for accurate pepper spray XD. His self sustain is honestly just godly, only if you have potent packs though. If not, its pretty poop (imo). His healing in general is one of the most effecient. It does not heal enemy players, it can heal multiple at once, with a pretty decent range. The healing is instant and overall great. I WOULD enjoy a slight decrease to charge up time on the healing, as it can be a bit annoying when you are barely a second too late and they are already downed. Thats any merc tbh, but its more annoying with phoenix tbh. That self revive as well is just great, amazing for getting back up from explosives and snipes, and the occasional ignorant player who forgot to finish you off. He has a pretty balanced speed I enjoy for a medic, not too squishy but not too slow and tanky (not like there are any medics with a speed faster than 100 tho). also hes hispanic sooo, holaaa

(HadronZodiac) #24

Sawbonez is for tryhard
Guardian is for disappointing your team
(XD jk, for the most part^)

(Teflon Love) #25

It depends on many things like map, attack/defense, skill level of opponents/team mates etc but from a general utility point of view Phoenix is well equipped for any situation and can adapt quickly as needed.

Fun wise it would have to be Sparks because there’s always something to do and you keep mashing the 1, 2, 3, E and Q keys as appropriate.

(K1X455) #26

I’m really actually torn now between Sawbonez and Phoenix.

Once I get to see a two prong push with Thunder/Nader & Fragger, I’d switch to Phoenix instead of Sawbonez because pulse healing is better to reach team mates and the extra firepower is well appreciated as well.

(Meetrock) #27

People who play Sawbonez or Pheonix. Shouldn’t say they like medic class. The ONLY true medics in the game are Aura and Sparks. (A significant portion of people who use either of Sawbonez or Pheonix tend to either heal themselves ONLY, or forget they actually have medic abilities).

Yet the general consensus is that both Phoenix and Sawbonez are the best frontline Medics in the game, which I agree with. Selfish players will be selfish, but that doesn’t take away from them being the best Medics when played appropriately. Aura is better - only when played defensively. Sparks has the obvious benefit of speed and range, but she cannot reliably keep her whole team healthy with those wimpy med packs.

(Meetrock) #29

I’ve been playing the game since December 2017. I have over 450 hours, and in all the matches I’ve played. I have never seen a medic class player playing effectively with Pheonix or Sawbonez. Medics who play Aura or Sparks are usually better, because they are truly playing as a medic, people who choose Sawbonez or Pheonix usually tend to attack and forget they have a medic role in the team. I agree that they are better when mobile, but if I get to give an overall score for all the medic class mercs, Aura and Sparks are a 10/10 giving the nature of their gameplay is purely healing and reviving, Sawbonez gets a 7 and Pheonix gets an 8.

And I’ve noticed everyone giving the argument that Sparks is fast, she is as fast as Aura, but aura beats her because she doesn’t get as slow as Sparks when using her defib (I might be wrong, but using Sparks revive rifle makes feel sooo damn slow and flinched, Aura’s defib feels less slower).

(Xenithos) #30

Phoenix is the epitome of what Dirty Bomb is. He’s mobile, deadly, and has a place in every team.
I even wrote a guide for this medic. He’s simply the best all around medic. There are scenarios where I might go Guardian or Sparks, but if I have a support exp missions it’s Phoenix all the way.

If I have to vote on other characteristics, such as merc looks (Sparks is bae), or voice acting and game speed feel? (Aura/Phoenix) then it would be different.

Is this the one you’re referring to?

If so, then I read it a few months ago - well thought-out and well written. I shared it with a few of the other devs.

(Jigstraw) #32

Sparks. She’s got the most fun factor, in my opinion. Fast paced, versatile, and very busy, balancing combat with support. And hitting those revivr headshots is just so satisfying when you can pull them off.

Splash damage is doing their best to remove her from the meta with the revivr nerfs, machine pistol nerfs, self-healing nerfs, and introducing Guardian who has a similar revive ability BUT WITHOUT THE DELAYED REVIVE ANIMATION SPARKS SUFFERS FROM and then buffing guardian every chance they get, but i’m still going to play sparks instead.

Last year I would have said phoenix, but I’ve come to realize he’s an absolute cockroach and is incredibly annoying and frustrating to play against, especially in smaller matches.

(HadronZodiac) #33

imo thats def not true

you see sparps and aura running around and killing way more than sawbonez and phoenix

(Your worst knifemare.) #34

Tbh I dont mind those nerfs except the MP nerfs.

And I main Sparps.

(Xenithos) #35

Yes, that’s the one! I still need to update the forum version, but that Steam version is up to date.

(pumpkinmeerkat) #36

the correct answer is sawbonez

(Press E) #37

I’ve been playing medic since around 2015 with nearly 1,400 hours and I can say that’s not really true lol.
Thing is, aura and sparks are more geared towards passiveness than sawbunz or phoenix. They usually sit in the back of a fight, meaning they naturally won’t have to heal themselves as much. So essentially aura and sparks don’t have much choice besides doing medic related things, phoenix and sawbonez too. And yet while they do vary in healing/revive effectiveness, both can can easily fill a team’s medic roll.

It’s not an issue with the merc, it’s an issue with who plays them. It’s the same thing with the katana, it’s not an inherently bad weapon, but it attracts a lot of noobs who end up playing poorly with it. In the same way, phoenix and sawbonez tend to attract lots of assault players who enjoy playing medic, but still want something effective at killing, whereas aura and sparks tend to attract players who only want to play medic, hence those players do more medic related things.
In high level play Phoenix and Sawbonez can easily keep a team afloat, it’s who plays them, not the mercs themselves

(Jigstraw) #38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYof-OgDX3w 8) phoenix can definitely medic the fuck out of a team

After 45 votes, it looks like Sawbonez is the most popular Medic, but only 1 vote clear of Phoenix, who came in a close second.

Doesn’t change how I feel about Phoenix, though. <3

(Your worst knifemare.) #41

It’s just about even

Except poor Guardy, she needs some love.