What Were Your Dirty Bomb Misconceptions?

(iPod_) #21

I seriously thought the burst fire weapons would suck as a level 3. I was wrong.

(PD_Agent47) #22

I just jumped and shouted with excitement when i got the LEAD loadout for skyhammer( my fav merc when i started out) in the case and i thought how lucky i am to get the loadout for my merc when there are many other merc loadout :stuck_out_tongue: then i came to know everything about loadouts :smiley: FML

(ImSploosh) #23

Thought the maps were gonna be open, no invisible walls, and tons of parkour jumping.

Boy was I wrong… really wrong. :frowning:

(zealousHumdinger) #24

[quote=“SpinnerzNQ;144091”]@zealousHumdinger
How is “Fletcher is god” a misconception? He is god. (Tbh when I first tried out Fletcher I was like “man this guy sucks”)[/quote]
It depends on perception and how we see each merc I guess. He has a different skill curve like all other mercs and mostly as a newbie when I first got him, I felt like that due to his shotgun and stickies and stuff and when you see his stickies taking out low hp mercs with one blow. Once I learnt to counter him, he didn’t feel special anymore.

(bontsa) #25

I barely watched/listened the map “what-to-do” videos ever since the beginning due hassling something totally else like brewing coffee etc. Had no idea where this small video glimpse of a spot is even on the map and due my memory being on a same level with a clownfish, couldn’t associate them with the actual objectives once I got there. So I went with a gut feel. “That HUD element says plant C4, sure thingie sir/ma’am!”

proceeds to continually plant Underground side generators one by one only to get them repaired or straight up defused
took 2-3 games to realize the actual objective is the middle one
oops

(Rjsto) #26

I thought every merc would be a lot more different from one another, like in TF2. Not that that’s a bad thing or anything, I’ve sunk way more hours in DB than TF2!

(CCP115) #27

I bought Arty as my first merc back in Closed Beta, or just after release.

I thought he was good.

Do I win misconception of the year?

(RyePanda) #28

[quote=“CCP115;144317”]I bought Arty as my first merc back in Closed Beta, or just after release.

I thought he was good.

Do I win misconception of the year?[/quote]

Nope. Because Arty is good.

(LifeupOmega) #29

I thought that I could rely on teammates in public. What a horrible misconception.

(Amerika) #30

I thought the game was an utter explosive spamfest shitshow and not worth my time back when I tried it just before it moved off of the Nexon client and over to Steam.

(Szakalot) #31

@Amerika ahh good times, guns did half the damage they do now, proxy could run through crowds of enemies dropping mines whilstdodging all the bullets and fletcher stickies did sth like 50damage

(Amerika) #32

The Naders man. Her grenades did more damage, didn’t have an arming time and bigger AOE for the explosions and martyrdom was instant on death and much larger aoe and power. So you could run into spawns firing grenades and then martyrdom and have a 4:1 KDR. But yeah, explosives in general were just insane and I honestly hated the game at that time. The only reason why I tried it again on Steam was due to it being an SD game and the mercs that were available didn’t have much for explosives.

(Mr-Penguin) #33

I thought that Redeye’s smoke would be tactically useful when I bought him.

I was wrong.

(Tanker_Ray) #34

Thought Bush’s turret could turn around 360 degrees so that it can shoot someone behind.

Thought turret could shoot far distances if enemies were line in sight.

Thought turret could deployed in spectacular way just like in E3 trailer.

I was so Bushwhanky when I bought him.

(ItzNotAlex) #35

When i started the game i actually thot i could rely on other people in my team.
Public matches sure proved me wrong.

(Rewolf) #36

I thought that Redeye was pretty useless when he came out and Vassili was the better sniper.

(srswizard) #37

At first I thought that the game was catering to competitive players.

(LifeupOmega) #38

And then everything changed when the instagib nerf attacked.

:slight_smile:

(Apofenas) #39

I joined in August during free rotation with Sparks. I thought she had reliable HP, Tolen was a good primary weapon and her med packs seemed decent at healing team mates.

I though Rhino was a strongest merc like Heavy in TF, Phantom is overplayed and annoying like Spy and Bush’s turret could do like Engineer’s turret.

I thought Cricket bat, Katana and Kukri make you run as fast as knife.

Had to learn everything on my own mistakes

(SaulWolfden) #40

That Thunder would actually be useful.