What SD game would you want to see next?

(Rex) #241

Wrong. People were rightfully complaining about how bad the game was in general.

(BioSnark) #242

Psh, I didn’t say there wasn’t legitimate reasons for bitching.

I bitched about stuff in it and then, when I stopped playing it, I stopped.

(tokamak) #243

I want to see an MMOFPS set in the Mad Max universe.

Endless wasteland, custom car jobs, roaming around for scarce resources. Player-build garrisons. Basically EVE for Rednecks.

(Nail) #244

I still want to see what they could do with a single player game, flying maybe

but NOT on iPoo

(Silvanoshi) #245

Oh Nail, we’re just trying to spread the SD love around, there’s no need to be like that :).

(Nail) #246

put it on Android, you’ll have a bigger audience

(Nail) #247

[QUOTE=tokamak;520927]I want to see an MMOFPS set in the Mad Max universe.

Endless wasteland, custom car jobs, roaming around for scarce resources. Player-build garrisons. Basically EVE for Rednecks.[/QUOTE]

isn’t that “Rage” ?

(Silvanoshi) #248

Indeed…adding more platforms would introduce the game to even more people. We do have to work within the capacity that our development teams have at the moment though, so iOS it is for the time being, who knows what might be possible in future though :).

(Nail) #249

actually, I meant only on Android

(edxot) #250

reputationville ?

(Nail) #251

no, smartassville

(edxot) #252

sure. and since you can “keep your computer safe” you would be N1 from the start, no ?

(SchwaD) #253

I would like to see a Wolfenstein or Enemy Territory Remake!

Like Valve did with CS1.6 --> CSGO. Just add a new Graphic, Fix some bugs, add a anti cheat (and additionally the posibility to let fanboys develop all the loved maps also for the new ET) make the movement as much as possible like in old ET and the game will be popular again.

I am sure the publishers will find some ways to make money of it without making it pay2win. There are enough examples. ET has a huge fanbase. Still many are playing it and 10x or 100x more are still in love with it and would like to play it when it would be playable again.

At the moment its difficult to get it run because of all the patches/mods etc., its laggy, it doesnt have a good anticheat, its in age and using old graphics. There are enough things why people will not going back to the game at the moment, despite they all share the opinion that it is the shooter with the best gameplay and movement developed till now.

(edxot) #254

[QUOTE=twt_thunder;520325]agree @ edxot
etqw isnt really that far from ET, but It will never be the same.
I shall admit that me and some friends where wondering to make an ET2 , But I have the last year realised that it wouldnt be the same.
Because with another engine than q3 you would have to rebuild all tools and people who map for ET wouldnt be able to.
porting ET to unreal or torque3d engine wouldnt be impossible. But I cant see where it would lead…
Et is and will always be an uniqe game.
This is also something I guess SD have realised.
And instead of saying any of these games are going forward I will put it this way:
ET is still under development and still have players. Yes they are hardcore ET fans, but why not…
Only thing ET really need is a propper anticheat NOT in a mod but an standalone that may work with ET and any mod.
I will not continue to write more as this discussion will never end. ET will be 12 years this year… And thats UNIQE![/QUOTE]

you think you could make an online FPS browser based ? something that would require very low detailed graphics and sounds.

but anyway, would it be possible ?

(Chronicler) #255

I would just like to point out that the W:ET players are more active on this forum ;), so obviously the ETQW 2 vote should be like two times or three times as big. So make an ETQW 2 :open_mouth:

(Teuthis) #256

Very true and likely Not without Reason…

SD should close this Thread and do whatever they consider best for the Company. Either Way, you can’t make everyone happy.

(tangoliber) #257

Dirty Bomb is pretty much exactly what I wanted from SD in terms of their signature gameplay. As long as they keep supporting it, I feel that we won’t need another version for another 7-10 years. So, I’d suggest that they do something crazy and bold. It can still be a team-centric, objective FPS, but I don’t think it needs to try and be Enemy Territory-esque.

Maybe something with gunplay similar to Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r03QrqZoCEY)

But obviously…do what you are passionate about.

(edxot) #258

another ideia would be making etqw free for some limited time.

there are so many people in the world who never experienced the “strogg truck”. that’s sad.

(Snotling) #259

For once, I have to agree with edxot. Make ETQW free, even if it’s just for a week-end, and some new players will join, would it be 2 or 3 people only that it wouldn’t be a bad move considering how small the community is now.

(Mustang) #260

Or re-release it with a high rez texture pack, but it’s not SD’s IP thought right.