View kick changes are terrible.

(ragnak) #21

@Xenithos said:

A picture which shows less aimpunch over time without thinking harder. Melinder and your following words helped me figure it out. Their written text didn’t go into what would happen with aim as repeated shots and I didn’t think about it. My apologies for what I said however.

No hard feelings, just avoid telling people that they dont know how to read it the future ;p.
I did test new changes with focus now and it is indeed a lot less jarring, so i cant blame you for not noticing it as much.

(JonBongNoJovi) #22

TBH I don’t really feel a difference , but then I suppose you need to be able to aim to notice :slight_smile:

(K1X455) #23

Has anyone tested the augment Focus since the View-Kick/Aimpunch changes?

It feels like FOCUS is not working at all.

(henki000) #24

Why not make aimpunch even harder? K1X455 has a valid point, but it should not affect big picture of developing. We should expect that netcode will be anyway tweaked at the end. Aimpunch is not random, you just need to fire first. It’s well earned kill if you do that. Taking cover will always be in this game, but without aimpunch it supports more trench warfare type of cornering. Your opponent lands first shot, escape. You fire first shot, chase. With aimpunch you see nothing, you dont know if you hit each other same time or miss. You stay splattering until someone dies and the game goes on. Without aimpunch you have better awareness of enemy healthbar and you can make these flee/chase calculations. It will make current “good/bad” “mercs/cards” even more unequal. Less disparity or surprise element. Less unexpected tactics and more straightforward lines. Even 1 great commando behind the enemy lines should cause havoc or taken as a serious risk.

(Melinder) #25

@ragnak @Xenithos

Higher DPR weapons like the K1 and Shar-C have received unintended and extremely unnecessary buffs from this change. Due to the amount of aimpunch received being directly linked to the damage received, heavier automatic weapons will “kick” your screen harder, and without the slower reset time of the previous version of aimpunch dampening the feeling, these weapons create a crazy amount of disorientation.

(ragnak) #26

@Melinder

Yea, i did notice that, its especially visible when you are getting shot by burst rifles since those 3 bullets comes rather fast while dealing decent damage. To be fair i dont think K1 or especially shar-c are super strong so i dont really care but the change SD made was suppose to make view kick more bearable, but instead made it worse for everything that deal higher damage while not really making it any better against fast rof guns.

I really hope that there are better changes coming SOON, what we have at the moment isnt really good for anyone.

(Guziol) #27

Screw aimpunch. Balance the game without it. It’s not a fun mechanic at all and im sick and tired of cherrypicking every focus loadout.

(Faraleth) #28

Hey all,

Wanted to post here to clarify a few things regarding the view-kick changes. It seems some of our explanation may have been lost-in-translation here.

This is a graph showing the view-kick difference now, and how it used to function. This example in particular is a worst-case-scenario, if you were being headshot 4 times by a Hochfir SMG:

As you can see, with the OLD view-kick, you would receive “climbing” view-kick. This means it could stack if you took too much damage from one source too quickly, due to the Hochfir’s incredibly fast fire-rate. Now with the NEW view-kick, it will always reset before receiving a second kick.

Hope this helps explain a little more behind the changes!

(Mc1412013) #29

Cant wait for more pts servers with average p> @Faraleth said:

Hey all,

Wanted to post here to clarify a few things regarding the view-kick changes. It seems some of our explanation may have been lost-in-translation here.

This is a graph showing the view-kick difference now, and how it used to function. This example in particular is a worst-case-scenario, if you were being headshot 4 times by a Hochfir SMG:

As you can see, with the OLD view-kick, you would receive “climbing” view-kick. This means it could stack if you took too much damage from one source too quickly, due to the Hochfir’s incredibly fast fire-rate. Now with the NEW view-kick, it will always reset before receiving a second kick.

Your a mod again???

(Eox) #30

@Mc1412013 said:
Cant wait for more pts servers with average p> @Faraleth said:

Hey all,

Your a mod again???

Nah, the level above. He’s a dev now.

(nokiII) #31

@Faraleth said:
Hey all,

The only issue is, that the climbing occured was actually pretty minimal while now the not climbing effect is even more jarring on the view as it bounces rapidly up and down.

Here have a look at the old aimpunch climb with a hochfir at close range. (7 shots)

First example is without focus.

(Eox) #32

@nokiII said:

@Faraleth said:
Hey all,

The only issue is, that the climbing occured was actually pretty minimal while now the not climbing effect is even more jarring on the view as it bounces rapidly up and down.

Here have a look at the old aimpunch climb with a hochfir at close range. (7 shots)
https://streamable.com/737ts

We could use a footage of how the current hochfir aimpunch feels like, for comparisons purpose. Those two clips were from before the aimpunch changes, right ?

(nokiII) #33

@Eox said:

@nokiII said:

@Faraleth said:
Hey all,

https://streamable.com/737ts

We could use a footage of how the current hochfir aimpunch feels like, for comparisons purpose. Those two clips were from before the aimpunch changes, right ?

Yes those were prior to the patch, I plan on getting some footage later with the new changes.

(frostyvampire) #34

@Mc1412013 said:
Your a mod again???

*you’re

(Mc1412013) #35

@frostyvampire said:

@Mc1412013 said:
Your a mod again???

*you’re

Gramer nazi :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

(nokiII) #36

@Eox
new aimpunch: https://streamable.com/73n1c
old aimpunch: https://streamable.com/737ts

I personally don’t think the change has made it any better at all.

(watsyurdeal) #37

Seems like very little changed, but my issue is that the crosshair moves at all. Really aimpunch should only be a visual thing in a hipfire focused game like this.

The real movement of the crosshair should be while aiming down sights, this way suppressive fire on Snipers actually makes it harder for them to land headshots.

(Eox) #38

@nokiII said:
@Eox
new aimpunch: https://streamable.com/73n1c
old aimpunch: https://streamable.com/737ts

I personally don’t think the change has made it any better at all.

Feels like it barely changed. I can’t notice anything really.

(FalC_16) #39

@watsyurdeal said:
Seems like very little changed, but my issue is that the crosshair moves at all. Really aimpunch should only be a visual thing in a hipfire focused game like this.

The real movement of the crosshair should be while aiming down sights, this way suppressive fire on Snipers actually makes it harder for them to land headshots.

This. Actual crosshair swing does not fit a fast paced game like this. Visual suppresion would be much more viable. This is not battlefield or project reality at the end of the day

(bgyoshi) #40

@Eox said:

Feels like it barely changed. I can’t notice anything really.

Same dude but then again I don’t try and perfect track heads after someone gets the first shot on me.