Vehicle speed cvar?

(gewrsgwse) #1

Hi, is there a way to adjust the speed of vehicles? I can only find player movement? But nothing of vehicle
speeds.

(.Chris.) #2

[QUOTE=gewrsgwse;380451]Hi, is there a way to adjust the speed of vehicles? I can only find player movement? But nothing of vehicle
speeds.[/QUOTE]

They are handled in the .def files /def/vehicles/ or so.

(Susefreak) #3

This requires you to open the pk4’s and modify the values. Make sure you have a backup of your files and follow the instructions on both the SD wiki as other sources like modwiki.net

(Violator) #4

Not true, you can override the relevant def files in your own mod pk4. I did this with the StupidQW mod.

(Susefreak) #5

Sure, but you need the files from somewhere, opening the files gives you easy access.

What I tried to say is that make sure you delve in how the basics of the engine work before diving head first.

(Violator) #6

Agreed :smiley: The .def files are included in the SDK download though in base\def\vehicles without delving into pk4s.

For inspiration: StupidQW a1

(taw_m0nsta) #7

I made the anansi go x10 times faster, just by including the def file into custom campaign pk4. QWTA seems to provide pretty much all vehicles .def files as well. The only bad thing that sometimes happens is that the server remembers the settings when you switch to another campaign from another pk4 file, and also when you set a custom map in objective mod when the campaign has loaded first. To reset the settings it requires a game (engine) restart or a mod switch, or in worst case a server reboot. (And in some of my cases a re-generation of my sd_net folder profile for a specific mod). But it overall its pretty safe.