Update Delay and Login Rewards Event

(Chris Mullins) #1

Hey all!

As you may already be aware, we’re unfortunately having to push back our next update by a week.

During our last round of testing we encountered a number of issues which prevent us from releasing it to you. These issues affect a number of areas including unreleased content and content you’re currently enjoying, such as:

• Casual Matchmaking not correctly matching players
  • Some Proxy sound effects not playing
  • No notifications for Loadout Cases dropping at the end of matches

Fixing these issues and getting this update out to you as soon as possible is our number one priority. We’re sorry for the delays this update has had so far, but we would much rather delay and fix these issues instead of releasing it and not meet your expectations.

To give you something else to look forward to over the weekend we’re hosting a special log in event, where each day from Friday to Monday when you log in you’ll get some goodies on us!

• Friday: 2,500 Fragments + One Hour Credit Booster
  • Saturday - 7 Day Ranked Booster + One Hour Credit Booster
  • Sunday - Loadout Case + One Hour Credit Booster
  • Monday - Weapon Case Key + One Hour Credit Booster

Rewards will be available from, and swap over at the times below:

• London (GMT): 09:30 Friday 23rd, Saturday 24th, Sunday 25th, Monday 26th
  • Los Angeles (PST): 01:30 Friday 23rd, Saturday 24th, Sunday 25th, Monday 26th
  • Sydney (AEST): 19:30 Friday 23rd, Saturday 24th, Sunday 25th, Monday 26th

Thank you for your patience. It is much appreciated while we work towards the next big update for you all to enjoy.
shoe.

(Trestos) #2

Take your time with the update. If you need one more week it is fine but thanks for the weekend gifts :slight_smile:

(Melinder) #3

@stayfreshshoe said:

• Saturday - 7 Day Ranked Booster

Other rewards are fine, but I feel something more tangible than a Ranked Booster would be more appropriate, especially considering Ranked is rather lacking at this time.

(Mc1412013) #4

Wow saw this comming.

(Jigstraw) #5

Would be nice if you could get the fix for proxy mines being broken for like the last 3 months into that update too, just saying. They’re incredibly broken in that they can’t be destroyed by other abilities like those found on Fletcher, Nader, Fragger, Javelin, Stoker, Skyhammer(airstrike marker), or, as a matter of fact, proxy (one proxy’s mine won’t chain react an enemy proxy’s mine into detonating)

The fact that they aren’t working as intended and you CAN NOT get rid of proxy mines without having a direct line of sight on them to shoot them makes them INCREDIBLY overpowered, because there are many places in all the different maps where it is literally impossible to destroy them without suffering damage even if you’re perfectly aware of their presence and go out of your way to try to destroy them safely. Especially after the (completely unnecessary imo) range buff that made dropping mines at enemies feet and immediately shooting them even more rewarding and prominent due to their blast radius being larger than LITERALLY ANY OTHER EXPLOSIVE IN THE GAME THAT ISN’T DROPPED FROM A FUCKING PLANE.

(ThePigVomit) #6

Thanks for the heads up and the freebies.

Keeping on keeping on.

(Mc1412013) #7
    Wait i thought this was an issue since day one. How is it just now an issue.

(bgyoshi) #8

Take your time, I’d rather the update be correct and late instead of on time and incorrect.

(arharr3) #9

No notifications for Loadout Cases dropping at the end of matches
You sure the problem isnt that loadout cases are just so rare you never see them anyway? While I do understand this system was meant to help new players getting faster on track with the visual upgrades , it absolutely fails in allowing them to alter their playstyle.
Its pure RnG hell for them to get a card for a merc they even own. That might have been the same with the old system , but atleast than you got a steady supply of cases which greatly increased your chances of getting something useful.
Theres really no reason not to increase the dropchance, nobody here suddenly got a credit machine to pump out hundreds of cobalts.

(ThePigVomit) #10

@arharr3 said:

You sure the problem isnt that loadout cases are just so rare you never see them anyway? While I do understand this system was meant to help new players getting faster on track with the visual upgrades , it absolutely fails in allowing them to alter their playstyle.
Its pure RnG hell for them to get a card for a merc they even own. That might have been the same with the old system , but atleast than you got a steady supply of cases which greatly increased your chances of getting something useful.
Theres really no reason not to increase the dropchance, nobody here suddenly got a credit machine to pump out hundreds of cobalts.

Your argument is null. Every single bronze loadout is available in the store by using credits or cash.

The only thing drops do is make it cheaper w/RNG as a modifier.

(arharr3) #11

@ThePigVomit said:

@arharr3 said:

Your argument is null. Every single bronze loadout is available in the store by using credits or cash.

Yes, because newbs have nothing else to spend their credits on.
And because crafting is such a fun concept that nobody minds paying 5k credits for 130 fragments.
/s

(arharr3) #12

@ThePigVomit said:

@arharr3 said:

Yes, because newbs dont have anything else to spend their money on, especially since they have already used every weapon in the game and can tell what they like and what not.
And because crafting is such a fun concept that nobody mind paying 5k credits for 130 fragments.
/s

(arkti) #13

Saturday - 7 Day Ranked Booster + One Hour Credit Booster

But ranked is dead :frowning:

(Teflon Love) #14

@arkti said:
But ranked is dead :frowning:

Naw, it just smells funny. If you queue at around 19:00 o’clock you have a good chance to find a match with insane skill spread and a random result.

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #15

Thanks but would rather have more keys than boosters

(GatoCommodore) #16

more time to get credits i guess…

(Porkchopiya) #17

its another BORING Weekends again…no special event.

(Darkwolf3802) #18

@stayfreshshoe said:

Im sry but matchmaking is correctly matching players currently? I was just in a match that finished in under 5min cuz we rickrolled the other team. I wouldnt call that a proper match nor a balanced one.

(ThePigVomit) #19

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@stayfreshshoe said:

Im sry but matchmaking is correctly matching players currently? I was just in a match that finished in under 5min cuz we rickrolled the other team. I wouldnt call that a proper match nor a balanced one.

#stopsandbaggingthen

(Darkwolf3802) #20

@ThePigVomit said:

@Darkwolf3802 said:

@stayfreshshoe said:

#stopsandbaggingthen

Im sry but what is that exactly?