Unlock and Load Update v57934 - 19/05/2016

(Chris Mullins) #1

Unlock and Load Update

Aimee’s Revenge

Forgiveness or vengeance? With fresh information on the culprit behind the death of Max Bashki, Aimee has tracked Proxy down, and is met with a surprising choice to make. Check it out in the closing chapter of the Rogue en Vogue comic.

All Culprit cases and Obsidian Culprit cases will be openable with the update, giving you one of Proxy’s nine possible loadouts from the new Second Edition set.

Proxy’s eye has been SNITCH-cooked, and the injury isn’t just restricted to these cards. Her new handicap will be reflected on all Loadout cards, past and future, until she can find some help from an expert in the art of biomedical engineering…and who knows how long that could take?

Free Aimee Detective Loadout Card

Turns out SNITCH is keeping an eye out for Aimee, too! As a thank you for joining us throughout the Rogue en Vogue event, we’re giving away a Limited Edition one-off Aimee ‘Detective’ Case to everyone that logs in between May 19th and May 23rd, which will drop one of nine possible Limited Edition cards from the Second Edition set.

Aimee Detective Card Giveaway Duration

[ul]
[li]London (BST, UTC+1): 18:00 Thursday, May 19 - 18:00 Monday, May 23[/li][li]Los Angeles (PDT, UTC-7): 10:00 AM Thursday, May 19 - 10:00 AM Monday, May 23[/li][li]Sydney (AEST, UTC+10): 3:00 AM Friday, May 20 - 3:00 AM Tuesday, May 24[/li][/ul]

Case-a-Day May

For the rest of the month, we’re giving away an Expert Case for every single day you play! A Combined Expert Case containing Second Edition Loadout Cards for all Mercs will drop after your first match of every day, starting Thursday, May 19th and running until May 31st. The daily reset time is 00:00 UTC, in line with the daily bonuses for first match played in Objective, Stopwatch and Execution.

Case-a-Day May Giveaway Duration

[ul]
[li]London (BST, UTC+1): 18:00 Thursday, May 19 - 18:00 Tuesday, May 31; Daily Reset at 1:00[/li][li]Los Angeles (PDT, UTC-7): 10:00 AM Thursday, May 19 - 10:00 AM Tuesday, May 31; Daily Reset at 5:00 PM[/li][li]Sydney (AEST, UTC+10): 3:00 AM Friday, May 20 - 3:00 AM Wednesday, June 1; Daily Reset at 10:00 AM[/li][/ul]

Second Edition Loadout Cards

Kira with a Katana? Proxy with Lock-On? It’s time to upgrade your deck with the Second Edition of Dirty Bomb’s Loadout Cards!

The goal of Second Edition is to make every card more balanced in terms of desirability and gameplay impact. We’ve kept the weapon and Augment combos of popular cards, and replaced lesser used cards with ones that have traits players have preferred over the course of Open Beta. By iterating with members of the community in our Private Test Server, we’ve settled on a set that we hope will breathe some fresh air into our card spinners.

All cases that drop or are bought in the store will now stock only Second Edition Cards. First Edition cards can still be used, and purchased directly from the Store in Bronze rarity, but if Traded Up or Traded In will result in Second Edition Cards.

You can now also “Favorite” Loadout Cards, so they stay at the top of the list in the Barracks and when equipping cards for a match.

Refreshed Tutorial

New players’ first experience of Dirty Bomb has been fine tuned, starting with a refreshed tutorial. We’ve removed some of the ‘tutorialisms’ unnecessary for PC shooter players, and added extra sections to expand on the core mechanics and key details that set Dirty Bomb apart from the crowd.

Assault Course

The new Assault Course is designed to give both new and experienced players a space to improve their speed and accuracy. The first run, unlocked after a player’s first match, teaches the basics of wall jumping and long jumping. After completing it once, you can return at any time to take on the clock, destroying enemy dummies and throwing ammo packs to friendlies. Can you race through the course fast enough to hit the Cobalt rating?

Arsenal Crates

To reward players for levelling up, we’ve added Arsenal Crates into the mix. These hefty containers drop every time you level up, starting at Level 7, and stock a number of potential goodies.

Arsenal Crate Contents

[ul]
[li]1h Credit Booster 23.0%[/li][li]Expert Case A, B or C 21.0%[/li][li]5x Equipment Cases 17.5%[/li][li]3h Credit Booster 11.5%[/li][li]10x Equipment Cases 9.0%[/li][li]Elite Case A or B 7.0%[/li][li]6h Credit Booster 6.0%[/li][li]12h Credit Booster 3.0%[/li][li]18h Credit Booster 2.0%[/li][/ul]

Don’t worry about each Arsenal Crate taking longer and longer to obtain as you Level Up. In Dirty Bomb, each Level past Level 10 requires the same amount of XP to reach, whether it’s Level 10 to 11, Level 25 to 26 or Level 999 to 1,000.

To better ease new players into Dirty Bomb, we’ve adjusted the early Level-Up rewards, adding a Credit Booster and a Case containing a Gold Loadout Card for Skyhammer or Aura before players hit Level 7.

More Credit Boosters

We’re also introducing bite-sized Credit Boosters to the store, with $0.79 USD for a 1-Hour Credit Booster and $1.49 USD for a 3-Hour Credit Booster (or local equivalent). As with the existing boosters, these count only for time spent in matches, and will not expire while you’re in the menus or offline.

Balance

Thunder

With this update, we’ve set our sights on making Thunder a tougher Merc that can better lock-down enemies with his Concussion Grenade, boosting his health and the impact of Flashing and Concussing his victims. While we had to remove the EMP effect from the Concussion Grenade to keep him balanced, we feel that the new and improved Thunder will make for an effective alternative to Fragger and Rhino

[ul]
[li]Increased health to 170hp (from 160hp)[/li][li]Reduced Concussion Grenade fuse time to 1.0s (from 1.2s)[/li][li]Blinded players will now correctly have HUD elements (like enemy indicators) hidden[/li][li]Blinded players now cover their face with their hand in third-person (before this applied to Concussion, not blinding)[/li][li]Concussion Grenades now reduce movement speed for a minimum of 2.5s and a maximum of 6.0s[/li][li]Concussion movement reduction effects now also apply to jumping height[/li][li]Removed EMP effect from Concussion Grenades[/li][/ul]

Phantom

Phantom has also received a long-deserved buff. Instead of focusing on his stealthy solo play, we wanted to improve his team-utility with something that complimented his ability slip past the meat-shield up front and get up-close and personal with the squishy people in support. With that in mind we’ve added an EMP effect to Phantom’s Refractive Armor. While active, this will disable enemy deployables for a short time, creating an opening in even the most heavily defended position.

[ul]
[li]Added an EMP field to Refractive Armor, which disables nearby (~10m) enemy deployables while cloaked[/li][list][li]Enemy deployables remain disabled for 5s after leaving the EMP field[/ul][/li][li]Increased Refractive Armor duration by ~10%[/li][/LIST]

Fletcher

[ul]
[li]Reduced Sticky Bombs radial damage to 85 (from 100)[/li][li]Increased Sticky Bomb maximum damage radius to 4.16m (from 3.84m)[/li][li]When detonated, Sticky Bombs now deal an additional 15 damage if stuck directly to an enemy[/li][/ul]

Fragger

[ul]
[li]Reduced health to 140hp (from 150hp) [/li][/ul]

Bushwhacker

[ul]
[li]Reduced Turret set-up duration to 1.6s (from 2.0s)[/li][/ul]

Proxy

[ul]
[li]Sped up Proximity Mine throw anim/time to 0.67s (from 0.8s)[/li][/ul]

Sparks

[ul]
[li]Sped up Health Pack throwing time to 0.63s (from 0.76s) [/li][/ul]

Sawbonez

[ul]
[li]Sped up Health Pack throwing time to 0.63s (from 0.76s) [/li][/ul]

Augments

[ul]
[li]Quick Charge - 10% increase to round charge rate (reduced from 15%)[/li][li]Tough - Reduces the delay until health regen starts by 66% (increased from 33%)[/li][li]Unshakeable - Reduces the damage you take from explosives by 15% (reduced from 20%)[/li][li]Undercover - 10% increase to ability duration (reduced from 20%)[/li][li]Quick Slash - Increases attack speed and charge time by 15% (reduced from 25%)[/li][/ul]

Other Changes

User Interface

[ul]
[li]Players with less than 50% Health will now appear to Medics as needing healing (this used to be 40hp or less)[/li][li]Estimated Queue times are now always shown in Ranked, even when specific maps are selected[/li][li]Added a warning stating that selecting specific maps may increase Queue times in Ranked[/li][li]Added a ‘bonus credits’ icon to Ranked mode in the Play menu[/li][/ul]

Audio

[ul]
[li]Added audio for Long Jumps and Wall Jumps[/li][li]Added audio for climbing ladders[/li][li]Turning around on the spot no longer generates footstep audio[/li][li]Jumping on the spot will now generate landing audio[/li][li]Continued V-Bear reverb improvements for all weapons[/li][/ul]

Notable Bug Fixes

[ul]
[li]Fixed bug where Molotov flames would sometimes not correctly spawn when thrown at certain objects/geometry (see the changes here)[/li][li]Fixed bug where C4 timers could count towards objective progression for Stopwatch win/tie rules[/li][li]Fixed bug where Heartbeat Sensors, Healing Stations and Ammo Stations did not have a deployable icon visible to their owners[/li][li]Fixed bug where players could block Phoenix’s Healing Pulse[/li][li]Fixed bug where abilities from recently dead players could damage their team’s EV[/li][li]Fixed bug where Fletcher could be left holding Sticky Bombs after detonating them using Quick Ability keys[/li][li]Fixed bug where certain characters in player names could break objective notifications[/li][li]Fixed bug where there was a missing explosion sound on Bridge[/li][li]Fixed bug where reloading would cut-off firing audio[/li][li]Fixed bug where the Classic Team HUD could overlap with the Objective UI[/li][li]Fixed bug where Secondary Fire would appear unbound in the User Profile[/li][li]Fixed bug where Toggle Use option was not correctly displaying in the User Profile[/li][li]Fixed bug where incapacitated players would display Ammo-needed HUD icons[/li][li]Fixed bug where the Execution Badge was not appearing on the Profile screen[/li][li]Fixed bug where players could potentially receive Ammo from enemy Ammo Stations at infinite distance[/li][li]Fixed bug where Ammo given to enemy players would contribute to Ammo Badges[/li][li]Fixed bug where the Spotter Augment would not increase the SNITCH detection radius[/li][li]Fixed bug where Guardian Angel Augment warnings would sometimes not be heard for Orbital Lasers[/li][li]Fixed bug where Flying Pig Augment would not fully increase the Long Jump distance by 10%[/li][li]Fixed bug where Explodydendron Augment was not visually scaling up Orbital Lasers and Artillery Strikes[/li][li]Fixed bug where players could not gib themselves with their own explosive damage[/li][li]Fixed bug where Map Restart countdown text was not appearing when a Map Restart Vote is passed[/li][li]Fixed bug where dropping a Carryable Objective next to an Ammo Cache could prevent it from being picked up again[/li][li]Fixed bug where Bolt-action Sniper Rifles would automatically reload even when the option was disabled[/li][li]Fixed bug where player position could be de-synced on the server after they had been pushed by explosive damage[/li][li]Fixed bug where Skyhammer’s eyes would not be drawn on low graphics settings[/li][li]Fixed bug where the Fragger’s Iron Loadout Card skin appeared identical for enemies and friendlies[/li][li]Fixed bug where killing revived players on low health still rewarded 100% Kill XP[/li][/ul]

(spookify) #2

RNG for the Obsidian? Not going to Fly…Just Saying.

Cant wait to try this patch!! I will role proxy in my 3! Aww sad that my founders proxy is now useless because of these Gen2 cards… :frowning:

Great Bug Fixes!!

Thunder and Phantom are still not 100% where I would like them but this is a start?

I like that you guys are doing all these case things I just hope it isnt taking away to much time from other SD members to fix core issues within the game.

(LifeupOmega) #3

I understand that we’ve just ran the new loadouts for Proxy, and they’re all pretty up there, but there is gonna be a lot of frustration for RNG especially as its Shotgun vs Fun weapons.

(Glottis-3D) #4

RNG for obsidian, ffs NO thnx

(YeOldeButtcheek) #5

RNG on the Obsidian will not end well, but honestly I don’t care either way.
Maybe the player should be able to hand pick their desired card?

(FireWorks) #6

Ok, I had to pay 15€ instead of 15$. Then I got a culprit voted by mostly not-paying players. Lost the vote by a few % of a %.

AND THEN IT IS RANDOM?! Despite what we heard and experienced before.

Yea, I know, you wont do it again.
You know, you cause a lot of frustration with this stuff that is entirely avoidable. Ill avoid it by not buying it again.

Someone recently translated me a persian saying. Roughly, it is that you dont get smarter by eating almonds, you get smarter when being betrayed.
The germans say it shorter: Aus Schaden wird man klug.

PS: Boosters.

(ostmustis) #7

guess eyes only have 1 hp.

my dislike the random obsidian cards is only overshadowed by my dislike for proxy winning.

but I liked the balanced changes even if they didnt include burst and snipper rifles nerfs.

(Exedore) #8

Source? AFAIK, we never hid this or communicated it differently.

(Glottis-3D) #9

but it does not makes it good, even if you did or did not. =)
With all due respect RNG for Obsidian is a realy salty thing.
Make it at least a choice 1 from 2 variants

(Exedore) #10

It’s also not the first time we’ve done it, ie Beta Fighter Cases.

Allowing picking simply wouldn’t be feasible within anything resembling this time frame, and selecting a single card with Proxy would result in just as much salt.

Let’s just say that this puts a certain amount of pressure on Steam Trading…

(Faraleth) #11

Original source for information was here: http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/comment/173150/#Comment_173150

Seems it’s been edited now, and there is an apology post for it too.

(FireWorks) #12

I remember discussing it with you and you yourself mentionend how some people will be struck by bad outcomes. After this, Raziel posted that differently and I assumed there was an internal discussion and change.
Based on how the other obsidians were working in the past, it felt reasonable. But yea, what they say about assumptions…

(Exedore) #13

Which is still my concern… the 1 in 81 chance that people with both Culprit Cases will get the same card… :rolleyes:

(Glottis-3D) #14

Open a case, get 2 cards and choose from those two seems much less salty

(Mustang) #15

Yea it’s pretty bad, we were told it would be a single fixed card, and paid real life money on this information, now the game has changed.

(Glottis-3D) #16

Can we at least have Shotgun cards less probable???

(FireWorks) #17

You mean when this happens on top of everything:

(Faraleth) #18

At least they are different skins - somewhat less annoying than duplicates of the same special edition.

Perhaps in future, if things are done like this, it might be a good idea for Obsidians so just be a pre-determined card, and leave the RNG to the special editions.

I understand the point of “well it would have been 1/9 in the first place, as it was never stated which card it would be”, and I agree - the annoyance I think comes from the fact that some people will have the loadout card which someone else wants, and they are left with a card they do not want and COULD have got; however they have no way to get it, due to poor RNG. Hopefully that helps explain the annoyance a little more, it’s not necessarily to do with the card itself. :smiley:

(Demolama) #19

[QUOTE=FireWorks;553004]You mean when this happens on top of everything:
[/QUOTE]

I got 3 ****gun proxy cards… the same card. Talk about a waste of credits

(ragnak) #20

Ignoring obsidian RNG bull**** (i got 2 hollunds loadouts and one of them is with .de, i dont really need to add how ****ing salty i am at the moment), its one of the best patches SD ever made.

I have less fps drops, game is more smooth overall, hit detection is consistent for once (hopefully this wont get worse in the future, wouldnt be the first time tho), most of the balance changes were quite good (but i am quite salty about the fact that you nerfed sparks and didnt touch burst rifles, seems silly to me, even when i understand that the nerf wasnt targeted at sparks but at her augument), there are now audio cues when people jump and we dont have that annoying self made sound when turning around.

I actually dont feel like leaving the game after 2 rounds because of frustration and bugs.

In any case i hope that this was the last time we are getting RNG obsidians and that you wont stack special card + obsidian on one merc for no good reason (i would take obisidian aimee honestly, at least then i know what i am buying instead of that RNG inside RNG bull**** we had this event).