Tides of War

(kost3k) #41

[QUOTE=FFSturm;406741]Seriously, you can obtain Rtcw Operation Resurrection (which is basically Tides of War) and use pscx2 emulator and dump the data. (or use rippers)

I even played it on max graphics with a gamepad and it was good.

[/QUOTE]

Can you tell me on which version of pcsx2 did you play it? and which plugins did you use?

(vicpas) #42

Chris wrote:
“To make screenshots of the maps and then make the maps by hand, considering it’s taken over a year now with no luck to extract the maps someone might as well had made them by hand now and had them finished.”

I write:
I think he is right, one good level designer could do the levels before getting someone to extract them from the files of Xbox.
If you see someone, I vow to make scripts for the first seven levels of gameplay, because after them the gameplay is similar RTCW PC version.

After Capuzzo, Pharaoh’s Curse and Enemy Territory releaseds, we have many stuffs to make this task.

(ronboy) #43

[QUOTE=vicpas;490697]Chris wrote:
“To make screenshots of the maps and then make the maps by hand, considering it’s taken over a year now with no luck to extract the maps someone might as well had made them by hand now and had them finished.”

I write:
I think he is right, one good level designer could do the levels before getting someone to extract them from the files of Xbox.
If you see someone, I vow to make scripts for the first seven levels of gameplay, because after them the gameplay is similar RTCW PC version.

After Capuzzo, Pharaoh’s Curse and Enemy Territory releaseds, we have many stuffs to make this task.[/QUOTE]

I agree. This would be a wonderful idea.

(vicpas) #44

Another thread related with this subject: http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/37415-Wolfenstein-Tides-of-war-formats-specifications-(XBOX)

(Staatmeister) #45

After looking at the stuff, i get my own conclusion. I guess the .cachemap files are chunks created to be fully loaded into memory, containing map, textures, etc.

First i extracted the maps from the PC version. I took the assault map as an example. I realized, that assault_assets.cachemap is more than three times bigger than assault.bsp, which gave me the impression of that big chunk for everything needed. This, and the circumstance, that there are no other folders for textures and stuff.

Then i took a simple hex editor, opened the assault.ai and assault.script from the PC version, and looked after similarities with assault_assets.cachemap. It took me less than five minutes to identify both files completely in assault_assets.cachemap.
The assault.ai reaches from offset 1A08160 to 1A4709C and assault.script from offset 1A30BD0 to 1A4709D.

I copied the parts into new files, and loaded a file comparsion tool (WinMerge).

There are some changes, but as far as i can see, these files should work with the pc version too.

The next step was to look, if i can find the content of assault.bsp in assault_assets.cachemap. This isn’t as easy as the other two files, because these are simple text files. while the a bsp file isn’t.
I was not be able to find the complete map, just the part containing all the “things” in the map.

As far as i can see, the map is a bsp file, but not the exact same format as the PC version has.

The map seems to start somewhere around offset 1ADC1A0. There seems to be the header, followed by the texture definition stuff. But all of this is completely different than the stuff in assault.bsp.

I attach the .ai and the .script and a text file with the thing stuff to this posting.

Hope my look at all of this may help.

(vicpas) #46

Hello, X-BOX’s players.
Anybody can send me videos or screenshots about X-Sheppard dog in action?
Has few and small screenshots about this mechanized dog on web.
My email is vicpas1@gmail.com.
Thanks in advance.

(luxox_16) #47

hello! my name is Luis. tell me luxox please .very time ago I dedicate to extract 3d models from the video games for example:

Wolfenstein 2 Models:

Call of Duty World at War

Call of duty 2

Modern Warfare 2

call of duty 3

and others:

Call of duty finest hour
Call of duty modern warfare
the bourne supremacy
Return to castle wolfenstein
Medal of honor frontline
medal of honor airborne
and many more…

I decided to start work in the models from Tides of war , models are great and is one of my favorite games is something that will take much time so I am asking for help from someone who can identify memory blocks and offsets to create a program that is able to extract assets from .cachemaps files , interested please contact me . thanks

(Eugeny) #48

Whats news?

(vicpas) #49

This is a great task, but i don’t believe that somebody gets success with this conversion for PC.

(OMGITSJASON) #50

I still need to buy this game.

(vicpas) #51

Hello, OMGITSJASON .

You will not regret, because it is still a great and funny game.

(ronboy) #52

[QUOTE=vicpas;397686]Hello, OMGITSJASON .

You will not regret, because it is still a great and funny game.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the dedication of the community. This game will be popular for years to come.

(Gir) #53

There is also the PS2 Version called Operation Ressurection, it uses RDF Files

(Eugeny) #54

I got to find the map file in this cachemap, but the game does not want to run it
Turns out to the main menu with the error: CMod_LoadBrushSides: bad shaderNum: 259

(Eugeny) #55

Has anyone tried to run through an emulator?

(Gir) #56

Operation Resurrection works fine in PCSX2.

(Eugeny) #57

I mean the xbox version.

(Staatmeister) #58

[QUOTE=Eugeny;398970]I got to find the map file in this cachemap, but the game does not want to run it
Turns out to the main menu with the error: CMod_LoadBrushSides: bad shaderNum: 259[/QUOTE]

Cann you tell me, how to find the map file (hex offset)? Maybe i can have a deeper look.

(Eugeny) #59

Search “.bsp” in cachemap
There you will see text like this:

(Gir) #60

[QUOTE=Eugeny;400148]Search “.bsp” in cachemap
There you will see text like this:

[/QUOTE]

I noticed that Tides of Wars uses the same textures as Siwa Oasis found in ET, but not found in the PC Version of RTCW
Maybe Tides of War African prequel missions was originally part of the planned Expansion of RTCW