Tides of War

(ronboy) #61

[QUOTE=Gir;400149]I noticed that Tides of Wars uses the same textures as Siwa Oasis found in ET, but not found in the PC Version of RTCW
Maybe Tides of War African prequel missions was originally part of the planned Expansion of RTCW[/QUOTE]

Et was actually the planned sequel for Rtcw. Et was supposed to have a single player component, but that was dropped during development. Tides of war is actually the prequel to Rtcw, but was made for consoles only.

(Staatmeister) #62

[QUOTE=Eugeny;400148]Search “.bsp” in cachemap
[/QUOTE]

I tried this before, but as written before, by doing this you can only find the approximate starting point of the map itself.
Even harder would be to find the end, because there you can find no sequences which are remarkable.

Enemy Territory was planned as an (Standalone)Addon, which later was cancelled, because of problems with the ai. As far as i remember, there were planned to include ai-buddies.

Interesting thing is, that all the map stuff etc. is placed in a “main” folder under a folder called “WolfMP” on the XBox disc.

(ronboy) #63

It’s too bad the single player in Et was dropped. It would have been a great game. :frowning:

(Eugeny) #64

Tides of War is made from multi-player version

(Caesar007) #65

research for almost completely disassembling cachemap container here

the link is to the international forum, it’s in Russian, but everyone can post in English also - no problems.

any possible help in better understanding structure of container is appreciate.

(ronboy) #66

[QUOTE=Caesar007;551927]research for almost completely disassembling cachemap container here

the link is to the international forum, it’s in Russian, but everyone can post in English also - no problems.

any possible help in better understanding structure of container is appreciate.[/QUOTE]

Hello, Caesar, and welcome to the Splash Damage Forums. Your dedication towards converting Tides of War to the PC is remarkable. :smiley:

(ronboy) #67

Titeuf-85 has discovered an interesting article about Tides of War! Check my website for more information: http://goo.gl/eCkysz

(Nerwitz) #68

Decade on after Tides of War shipped in stores, still not bendable in practice?.. THAT hard-coded data containers? Man would… game file coders suck, let alone Microsoft’s policies to game openess…

(ronboy) #69

Eugeny has uploaded a playthrough for Rtcw: Operation Resurrection on the PS2! You can watch it on my website here: https://goo.gl/fM1b7L

(ronboy) #70

Eugeny has uploaded a very interesting video that showcases level 1 of Rtcw: Operation Resurrection on the PS2, which has been converted into a playable PC level! You can watch it on my website here: https://goo.gl/AoqHjw

(Eugeny) #71

First prototype

//youtu.be/L3g72dsoJKc

Second prototype

//youtu.be/CuCTPqE6mvg

(Eugeny) #72

(ronboy) #73

Wow, this is amazing!

Very nice work, Eugeny. All Rtcw players who have wanted to play the African missions might be able to soon. :cool:

(Ododo) #74

Hello,

i always wanted to play the console version of the game on pc. (did not had the chance to try them since i never owned a console)
Nice work !

This morning i was reading this thread then i decided to try a little bit myself.
I tried to run Tides of War on xqemu-xbox (an xbox emulator for pc) on Linux.
The emulator is in a very early stage of developpement and games are too laggy for being realy playable.
But my goal was to run it and perform a splitcachemap command (mentionned by Eugeny somewhere) from the console to see what it does.
The emulator is easy to build but gathering the files needed to run the game is tricky, however i managed to get them.

But even for accessing the game menu the emulator needs huge power thus with my old intel i3 laptop i’m stuck at the xbox animation:

but since it started when i provided a ToW image i have good hopes that it can work.

So if someone has a very good hardware (something like a good i5 or an i7 and enough RAM) and want to try it (on linux idk about windows), i can make it more easy for you to run the game on the emulator :slight_smile:

(Eugeny) #75

[QUOTE=Ododo;573076]Hello,

i always wanted to play the console version of the game on pc. (did not had the chance to try them since i never owned a console)
Nice work !

This morning i was reading this thread then i decided to try a little bit myself.
I tried to run Tides of War on xqemu-xbox (an xbox emulator for pc) on Linux.
The emulator is in a very early stage of developpement and games are too laggy for being realy playable.
But my goal was to run it and perform a splitcachemap command (mentionned by Eugeny somewhere) from the console to see what it does.
The emulator is easy to build but gathering the files needed to run the game is tricky, however i managed to get them.

But even for accessing the game menu the emulator needs huge power thus with my old intel i3 laptop i’m stuck at the xbox animation:

but since it started when i provided a ToW image i have good hopes that it can work.

So if someone has a very good hardware (something like a good i5 or an i7 and enough RAM) and want to try it (on linux idk about windows), i can make it more easy for you to run the game on the emulator :)[/QUOTE]

emulators do not work with this game yet :frowning:

verified

ps. my config:

ASUS Z170-P
Intel Core i7-6700K
Kingston HyperX Savage 32 Gb
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 G1 GAMING
Zalman CNPS10X Performa
SATA-3 240Gb Kingstone UV400
SATA-3 128Gb OCZ Vertex 4
SATA-3 2Tb Western Digital Caviar Red [WD20EFRX] Cache 64MB
Seagate (500 ГБ, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)
Logitech G27
A4Tech Bloody TL8
Razer Goliathus 2013 Speed

(ronboy) #76

[QUOTE=Ododo;573076]Hello,

[/QUOTE]

We might be able to play the console version on the PC soon, since Eugeny has confirmed that he will be converting the African mission to the PC.

[QUOTE=Eugeny;573080]emulators do not work with this game yet :frowning:

verified

ps. my config:

ASUS Z170-P
Intel Core i7-6700K
Kingston HyperX Savage 32 ГБ
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 G1 GAMING
Zalman CNPS10X Performa
SATA-3 240Gb Kingstone UV400
SATA-3 128Gb OCZ Vertex 4
SATA-3 2Tb Western Digital Caviar Red [WD20EFRX] Cache 64MB
Seagate (500 ГБ, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)
Logitech G27
A4Tech Bloody TL8
Razer Goliathus 2013 Speed[/QUOTE]

Nice specs, Eugeny. :cool:

(Nerwitz) #77

Holy world. A happening! A HAPPENING!

I all the time was led to think I won’t ever live to see the egypt levels integrated into SP, on the pc. And Eugeny does it with a single push on the button, what a great person.:eek:

Here’s a question. Will it reach the point we can play the complete mission set in the game either on Steam or retail for guys that still have the CD like me, how do you plan to do it Eugeny? On a mission-per-mission basis or will you ever release to public?

(wolfETplayer) #78

Probably he will release it to public as SP custom addon.

(ronboy) #79

[QUOTE=N3rwitZ;573101]Holy world. A happening! A HAPPENING!

I all the time was led to think I won’t ever live to see the egypt levels integrated into SP, on the pc. And Eugeny does it with a single push on the button, what a great person.:eek:

Here’s a question. Will it reach the point we can play the complete mission set in the game either on Steam or retail for guys that still have the CD like me, how do you plan to do it Eugeny? On a mission-per-mission basis or will you ever release to public?[/QUOTE]

I was surprised to see this undertaking by Eugeny also, N3rwitz. What seemed like an impossible (or at least extremely difficult) task is turning out to be easy. Like WolfETPlayer said, I also think that this work will be released to the public as an addon, as per usual. :slight_smile:

(Nerwitz) #80

Wait and see, then. :penguin: