Thoughts on the SHAR-C?

(doxjq) #1

After briefly using it, to me it feels like a bad K-121.

The clip is nearly half the size. Apparently it does less damage? The recoil is harder to control. It has worse iron sights, and ROF feels about the same. Hipfire accuracy is shocking.

Maybe I need more time to get used to it, but I am a huge K-121 fan and always have been, so I am used to hard hitting, slower ROF’s with high recoil, but this new gun just feels terrible to me.

(watsyurdeal) #2

Tbh gun accuracy is one of those things that needs work for every gun. But that’s just me

(SaulWolfden) #3

It’s damage feels too low for the type of handling it has. Slower firing weaponry should have higher damage per shot.

(scrub_lord) #4

i miss when every gun was a laser when hipfired

i haven’t tried it yet, but i hope it’s not trash tier. i was more excited for the new gun than Jav herself tbh

(Guziol) #5

I love it.

(LifeupOmega) #6

It just isn’t as good as the other ARs available to be honest. At 16 damage / 462 RPM, it falls short of other guns’ overall output while having a lot of drawbacks in terms of spread. Recoil is manageable though which is nice.

17 damage per bullet at 447 RPM would equate to a small increase in damage output, enough to put it level with any other AR. It’s something I’d like to see at least, even if it means shooting a bit slower.

That said I’m gonna stick with it, I’ve wanted a new automatic for ages now and I’m not gonna give up on it even if it gets outclassed.

(watsyurdeal) #7

It’s dps is too low, 17 damage would be a good buff.

As far as accuracy goes good god, that’s a fucking novel of things for me to talk about.

(GabebutGood) #8

@watsyurdeal said:

As far as accuracy goes good god, that’s a @$!# novel of things for me to talk about.

Damage to low ? I havent really noticed a problem with that, I even for bit thought it might be too high, guess not lol. The handling and iron sights are pretty dam good although.

(hurgya) #9

@watsyurdeal said:

As far as accuracy goes good god, that’s a @$!# novel of things for me to talk about.

If it dealt 17 damage, wouldn’t it be just as similar to the K-121, like the KEK-10 is to the MK-46 ?

(Guziol) #10

I’d rather have the fire rate slightly higher if anything. 17 damage is such a bad number to sit on in my opinion. after 8 shots a 120hp merc is left with 1 hp. I’m still not very convinced that the weapon needs changes.

(ragnak) #11

Feels floaty because of excessive recoil (its pretty much the only full auto gun i have issues controlling when using iron sights), accuracy when shooting walls seems rather good but when i use it against people it honestly feel like i cant hit anything, it also seems to have rather long reload time (it seemed long even with drilled, worried to play without it now lol).

Its pretty much blishlok of assault rifles, so i am personally not a fan (especially that blishlok have its niche of being good at longer ranges in a gun class that is bad at that range, but this new ar doesnt seems to have a niche).

I like how it looks and how it sounds but other then that i cant really find a good reason to use it over other ARs, especially that she have access to br16 which is still the best/second best gun in the game (that -1 damage was probably the most useless nerf they could give it, i was hoping for some decent rof nerf since that seems logical, you know more burst=less dps like in most games, but SD needs to be SD).

In any case i hope that we will be getting balance changes a lot more often now, i dont want to wait months for another +/-2% changes.

(GatoCommodore) #12

15-16 would be nice
its in the middle of BR damage and automatic rifles

(emjot) #13

I love this gun. Wouldn’t change nothing, for me it’s pretty balanced. - Just mine opinion.

(watsyurdeal) #14

I’ve actually been kicking a lot of ass with it…so I guess it’s ok?

(hoyes) #15

The gun definitely feels nice to use, and powerful, but does sometimes lack in the damage department, especially when bodyshotting. However on headshots I dare say it is an amazing weapon and can contend with a lot of guns. I would suggest a slight buff in accuracy to make it more efficient at headshotting at medium range, where an assault rifle is supposed to perform best.

(ragnak) #16

Lets be honest here, it have the most recoil from any automatic gun, it have shit ton of spread after sprinting (thats why i was confused why i am missing, since spread when you are standing still is good) while not really offering anything in return.

Spread rise after sprinting needs to fuck off, honestly, for all guns but especially this gun since right now its almost pure rng when you start shooting after sprinting(unless you are going to stand for a while first lol).

Could just be me, but when I’m on the receiving end of the Scar it seems to have some serious aimpunch behind it. I have a hard time keeping shots on target when someone is hitting me with that - more so than most guns I’m used to.

Here’s my Scar review: It’s useless currently whether it’s good or not because Jav’s top loadouts are B86, B45, and D81.

(LifeupOmega) #18

Been using it more, feels fine now I’ve given it a bit more time. Still like the idea of solidifying its niche as slower firing hard hitting but it’s in a nice spot overall.

(doxjq) #19

@LifeupOmega said:
Been using it more, feels fine now I’ve given it a bit more time. Still like the idea of solidifying its niche as slower firing hard hitting but it’s in a nice spot overall.

I still think it’s clip is too small for the way the gun feels.

(GatoCommodore) #20

@doxjq said:

@LifeupOmega said:

I still think it’s clip is too small for the way the gun feels.

how much bullet in the magazine currently?