The 'What the Dickens?' Update v53440 - 16/12/2015

(Chris Mullins) #41

You can indeed. You can even play tennis if you’re really good :stuck_out_tongue:

(Chris Mullins) #42

[QUOTE=DarkangelUK;542860]I’m curious about the different levels of Founders trinkets you can see here https://imgur.com/a/1107S

Who gets which ones exactly? For example do original VIP Founders get something different from ‘invited to VIP cos = cool’ VIP’s?

They look sweet as hell, fingers crossed I get the VIP skull one![/QUOTE]

There is a selection of Trinkets and it all depends on which Founders Pack you bought. There isn’t a Trinket for those who have joined in VIP over time, they’re only for those that purchased Founders packs back in the day.

(DarkangelUK) #43

Ok cool, but I was an invited Founder, how does that work?

(Chris Mullins) #44

Did you purchase any of the Founder packs or were you just given access to the forums? This was before my time :frowning:

(DarkangelUK) #45

I was part of the special invited VIP Founders, personal invites from Loki… we were the first people in

(Chris Mullins) #46

Oki doke. Leave it with me and I’ll check it out for you.

(Mustang) #47

You(/we) were granted the VIP founders, so you’re good, FYI you can check which you have here: https://secure.warchest.com/dirtybomb/purchases/products

If you have the original info somewhere you’ll see it mention key chains, now known as trinkets, I’m off out now, will see if I can dig out the doc for you when I get home.

VIP forum access is a new thing, didn’t start until after Nexon were on the scene.

(fubar) #48

[QUOTE=Mustang;542870]You(/we) were granted the VIP founders, so you’re good, FYI you can check which you have here: https://secure.warchest.com/dirtybomb/purchases/products

If you have the original info somewhere you’ll see it mention key chains, now known as trinkets, I’m off out now, will see if I can dig out the doc for you when I get home.[/QUOTE]

Legendary Gun Tag

welp. guess i’ll just have to use the MM Elite trinket instead :frowning:

(spookify) #49

[QUOTE=fubar;542871]Legendary Gun Tag

welp. guess i’ll just have to use the MM Elite trinket instead :([/QUOTE]

Same and the Legendary is unspectacular… Unless Shoe can work some magic! GO Shoe!!

(Rémy Cabresin) #50

Pissing on everyones parade but if you didnt BUY the pack why would you have any right to get something? It’d be cool if there was a VIP trinket that identifies us as part of this forum but if it is the same one as people who bought the VIP access its kinda unfair to those who paid isnt it :confused:

I bought the cheapest founder pack due to lack of money at the time so bummed i am not getting one but its another thing to try and get something for free that others paid big money for

(light_sh4v0r) #51

I wonder how many people actually bought the most expensive pack though… My guess is 95% of the people who have it got it for free.

(ragnak) #52

Good patch on paper, wonder how its going to be in the game. There are a lot of audio changes, hopefully it will be good enough now so i dont need to rage quit every 4 maps.

I didnt even find 1 major thing in this patch that makes me want to whine, feels good.

(spookify) #53

[QUOTE=adeto;542820]You can… :stuck_out_tongue: ShooterEngine.ini Though it’s not only weapons, the first 2 commands(skeletal and ballowhigh) also affect things like the EV and Packs onthe floor.

SkeletalMeshLODBias=8
bAllowHighQualityMaterials=True
TEXTUREGROUP_Weapon=(MinLODSize=1024,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1024,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponSpecular=(MinLODSize=1024,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)[/QUOTE]

Are the values in the above lines set to high? or default or what?
Thanks,

(Rémy Cabresin) #54

[QUOTE=spookify;542886]Are the values in the above lines set to high? or default or what?
Thanks,[/QUOTE]

Kinda look at it like 256 or lower = low, 512 = ~mid 1024 and higher = high

(Glottis-3D) #55

My first cash goes to Splash Damage since 3 years!!
129 rubles for adorable trinket of Proxy and another 129 for Sparks!

awesome idea, great job. i realy like those trinkets!!

(Rémy Cabresin) #56

So, since this patch every time the map changes I get the press any key to continue screen getting stuck. Also fps is super unstable and just lower in general… 10/10 guys, adding more content yet managing to break the core of the game again.

edit:
Redid my entire config, fixed both. Maybe add to the patch notes that the Thread Sync change has to be on OFF only in the menu but OneFrameThreadLag should still be on =True in the config files. Off=true On=False, we all got confused :confused:

(DarkangelUK) #57

Performance seems down a little, also been getting random freezes. Game fully freezes for about 10 seconds with looping sounds then comes back again, happened a lot to begin with but the more I played the less it occurred.

Weapon switching seems off? I had sporadic switches to secondary while firing my main, also when planting the C4 on Execution I normally switch a mine and plant it on it… not sure if I was going too quick but I would switch and throw, and it would throw the C4 like I was placing a mine. I had to switch again and throw the mine a 2nd time. Not sure if I’m hitting fire too quick as I switch and it puts me back onto my previous weapon? I’m pretty much going from muscle memory, but trying to switch to secondary from main seems to fail some times as well.

A lot of warping from players, rubber banding from various folks, also getting SG hits with blood splatter but no hitsound and no damage being done.

Trinkets are awesome, though the Founders ones seem poorly lit and when doing weapon inspection it doesnt face the screen properly for me, quite difficult to make out. Also the Barracks say Legendary when it should be VIP but in-game it is actually the VIP that’s on my gun.

May sound overly negative but the update on the whole is awesome, just highlighting the few flaws I’ve found. Much more inclined to use my SG now as Proxy which is awesome, and I suspect I’ll be playing a lot more during the holidays to get a sweet Sparks Christmas card!

(Runeforce) #58

Badman will be able to sort you out.

(NeroKirbus) #59

Currently if you hit players with a conc nade and if team mates kill them, you get 50 assist exp. I dunno if that’s what you’re referring to… What I would like to see for the conc nade is have it be able to stun people from doing/completing objectives. There’s no reason to throw it at the objective when it’s being completed. Having a objective deficiency to make planting c4 or delivering longer would have good utility. Currently, no matter the situation, Fragger is superior due to the frag nade’s destructive capabilities.

Although Thunder has a good niche, my favorite thing about him is being able to survive head shots. I have had many times where I was able to tank a head shot and annihilate the Vasoochi (Vassili) with an iron sighted MK46. Such good times.

(PixelTwitch) #60

Least I got less stutters to go with my less frame rate, black textures, warped textures, invincible sticky bombs and sounds from my left coming out louder on my right.

but seriously…

down to 70 fps from 100+ on certain parts of white chapel…